Studying overseas can be very exciting. The cheapest countries to study abroad after the 2020 COVID pandemic is vital to any student looking at furthering their studies in a foreign nation.
The global pandemic affected many international academic institutions therefore it is necessary that you are updated with the cheapest countries to study abroad.
In this blog post, we will disclose countries that can offer you your educational dreams at very cheap prices.
This is your one-stop guide to countries that offer cheaper means for academic study. So, sit back, relax, and take notes.
To be updated with more insightful information on countries to study abroad, subscribe to the jobreaders newsletter.
Cheapest Countries to Study Abroad
- Poland is a country located in Europe with its Capital at Warwick. Its citizens are called polish people. Here’s why you should be thinking about studying in Poland…they were ranked the second most affordable city by the QS Best Student Cities in the world.
The nation boasts of quality education and well placed historical and cultural areas.
Poland offers English taught programs and so you don’t have to worry about the language barrier if you are a native speaker.
Some of their English Taught programs range from $2,000 – $3,000 per year.
The Cost of living ranges from about $600 – $650 per month.
- Taiwan: Officially Taiwan is seen as the Republic of China. She is located in East Asia with neighboring countries such as China, Japan, and the Philippines.
The capital of Taiwan is Taipei and its official language is Mandarin Chinese.
The cost of living in Taiwan is very cheap and affordable at a good and quality standard of living. This is the reason why Taiwan is one of the cheapest countries to study abroad after the global 2020 pandemic.
The tuition fee for most undergraduate courses ranges from $2,000 – $3,000 with a cost of living that ranges from $500 – $600 per month. Accommodation is relatively cheap with you paying approximately $1,950 per annum.
- Malaysia: Located in Southeast Asia, with its capital at Kuala Lumpur. She occupies parts of the Malay Peninsula and the island of Borneo.
They are known for great sites housing colonial buildings and they are home to busy shopping districts such as Bukit Bintang and skyscrapers such as the iconic, 451m-tall Petronas Twin Towers.
Many known prestigious universities have their branches in Malaysia.
Living in Malaysia as a student can be comfortable with as much as $400 – $450 per month. The average tuition fee is $3,500.
- France: France is a beautiful nation located in Western Europe with its capital at Paris. It is famed for its classical art museum such as Louvre and monuments such as the Eiffel Tower.
If you are a lover of food and great wine then France is a place for you because they are known for their wines and sophisticated cuisine.
The fees in France are the same for French and international students. The average tuition fees for the undergraduate degree, master’s degree, and doctoral degree programs are €180, €255, and €390 respectively.
- Thailand: Thailand is a Southeast Asian country with its capital in Bangkok. She is known for her tropical beaches, royal palaces, ancient ruins, and ornate temples that display figures of Buddha.
Thailand is also known for its iconic temples of Wat Arun, Wat Pho, and the Emerald Buddha Temple (Wat Phra Kaew).
Studying in Thailand is great for those who are planning to study on a budget. If you fall into this category then this is for you. If you love touring places also then this is a good place for you.
The average tuition fees for study in Thailand fall in the range of $3,000 and $4,000 per year.
- South Africa: This beauty of a country is located on the southern tip of Africa. She is known for her tourist centers consisting of safaris. On the Western Cape are beaches and lush Winelands.
A person from South Africa is known as a South African.
South Africa offers you a beautiful place to study. They are also known for their palatable dishes that make you feel at home. And on the plus side, there are South African Scholarships available.
The average tuition fee is between $2,000 and $3,000 per year while the monthly cost of living is $600 and $700.
- Hungary: Hungary is a beautiful nation located in Central Europe. She has her capital in Budapest.
The cities are decorated with architectural landmarks from Buda’s medieval Castle Hill and grand neoclassical buildings.
Studying in Hungary promises more than its affordable means of academic study. Five of her universities are globally ranked putting the country on the world map for quality education.
The average yearly tuition fee is between $4,000 and $5,000 while the cost of living is around $400 to $500 per month.
- Argentina: Known officially as the Argentine Republic. She is located in South America and is studded with beautiful cultural buildings and colorful culture of people.
Recently Argentina has been increasing in the number of educational programs.
Argentinians are fun loving people.
Here is why it is amongst the cheapest countries to study abroad. The average cost of living per month is between the ranges of $400 and $500.
- Russia: The Russian Federation is located between Eastern Europe and Northern Asia. People from Russia are known as Russians. The capital is Moscow.
The Russian Nation is a hot cake these days for international study. Every year students come into the country because as a result of their quality education.
The universities in Russia are affordable while the cost of living is cheap but although some places like Moscow and Saint Petersburg are expensive.
The average school fees are $5,000 and $6,000 per year while the cost of living $400 and $500
- Vietnam: Vietnam is a southeastern Asia country with its capital in Hanoi. They speak the general tongue which is Vietnamese and also English.
A person from Vietnam is known as a Vietnamese. Vietnam is studded with War history museums and some ancient tunnels used by the Viet Cong soldiers. So, if you are a person that likes to tour aside from studying, then Vietnam is a place for you.
Related post: The Actual Cost to Study Abroad (with Needed Documents)
The average Tuition fees for studying in Vietnam is between $1,000 and $2,000 per year. The living cost is between $300 and $400 per month.