Those interested personnel are hereby invited to partake in this great opportunity by applying for this 2020/2022 AFRIKA KOMMT! fellowship program
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
At the heart of the AFRIKA KOMMT! fellowship programme is an eight-months practical training in a leading German enterprise benefiting both fellows and partner companies -a classic win-win situation:
The programme fellows benefit through
- gaining first-hand practical experience in a leading German enterprise
- being exposed to leadership concepts and management techniques in practice
- becoming acquainted with working processes and business culture in German enterprises
- extending their international management competencies
- initiating networks of cooperation partners between Africa and German companies
- The partner companies benefit through
- establishing networks of cooperation and trust in promising future markets in Africa
- extending their experience with the working and business culture in Africa
- improving their knowledge about cultures, markets, countries etc. in Africa
After seven completed programme years, a significant number of the participants now work in the branch office of their respective partner company in Africa. Others have opened their own businesses, work for multinational companies or international organisations.
- Financed by the German partner companies, the capacity development program AFRIKA KOMMT! consists of the following key components:
1.One-month individual German language preparation course
2.One-year stay in Germany comprising of:Two-months intensive German language course
-Eight-months internship in a German partner company
-Three one-week training modules on international management and leadership competencies
-One-week study tour in Germany on relevant subjects, e.g.“Digital Change”
-Weekend seminars on cultural and social subjects organised by the Robert Bosch GmbH in Stuttgart and the ZEIT-Stiftung Ebelin und Gerd Bucerius in Hamburg
-Cultural weekend activities organised by GIZ3.
Transfer phase after the stay in Germany with integration into the AFRIKA KOMMT! Alumni Network and its regional Alumni Clubs4.
Refresher course in Germany or Africa, approx. 6-12 months after the stay in Germany, offering the former fellows to extend their networks with other alumni and to benefit mutually from their experiences.
Applications can only be submitted through the online application system.
BENEFITS OF THE AFRIKA KOMMT! FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM:
The AFRIKA KOMMT! fellowship programme includes:
- Language course
- An individual German language course before departure to Germany
- An intensive German language course in Germany including fees, accommodation and living allowance
- Travelling expenses -Flights, Visa, etc.
- Visa for Germany for one year Roundtrip airfare from your home town to Germany and backTravel to refresher course and back
- Program-related travelling expenses in GermanyMonthly living allowance during the theoretical phase
- Monthly living allowance of € 750,-(August, September and October 2020;
- July 2021)
- One-off relocation fee of € 1.000,-for settling back into the home countriesMonthly salary during the internship in the companies of approx. € 1.500,-grossImportant note:
- The monthly allowance of € 750,-and the salary ensures an adequate standard of living in Germany. However, the amount is not sufficient to provide financial support for families or relatives and for this reason, they cannot accompany the fellow to Germany.
- Additionally, the participants have to make arrangements to ensure the subsistence of their families in their home countries during their participation in the program.
- Accommodation during all stages of the program in Germany (including internet allowance, electricity, water and other charges)