Here is a list of best German colleges for international students, for aspiring students all over the world. There is no doubt that Germany ( over the years) has always remained unbeaten in the ranking of best students destinations, and in this post, we are exploring best college and opportunities for both local and international students.
According to a trusted finding, Germany has reached a threshold of about 350,000 inflow in 2020. This validates our assertion that the country is one among the very best for students in the whole of Europe. If you are searching for scholarships or other opportunities in Germany, you can also check out these top 10 Scholarship Opportunities in Europe
Germany provides high-class education for its students with relatively low tuition fees and it is still increasingly building on its ambitious international position as a popular study destination for international students.
German Colleges also offer a globally recognized degree which connotes that your qualifications will be valued internationally, and the skills you will gain will give you that bit of extra edge in the labour market.
Before you proceed, you can also take at How to Apply for DAAD Scholarship to Study in Germany. This scholarship is one of the oldest ecademic grant that is extended to reach international students, by the German Government and the patnering institutions in the country.
Breaking! Start Getting current updates on profitable skills, and top career opportunities with Jobreaders.org - Click Here to Subscribe Free.
Why Study in Germany?
Germany however, is an attractive and comfortable place to study and a German degree is highly respected by employers worldwide.
Germany relatively is the fourth most popular and also trending destination for international students’ studies worldwide.
Furthermore, Germany is considered as a higher education paradise, unlike other countries, in Germany, you will find world-ranked universities and also opportunities to achieve your desired career.
In the same fashion, Germany has a lengthy and epic history with a vibrant and dynamic lifestyle mixing the modern and the classics.
And also the urban and the rural relatively which will immerse and make you value every second spent.
Contemporarily Germany is becoming a magnet for international students coming from all over the world nonetheless.
In the same light, let us explore some reasons why students prefer to study in this reputable and amazing country regardless.
Additionally, on yearly basis, the governments in Europe and institutions roll out scholarships for eligible and qualified students from developing nation. We have make this compilation of Full Tuition Scholarships for International Students in Europe.
No Tuition Fee Required
Higher education, however, is becoming a necessity due to the constant increased need for highly qualified professionals and also the cost of attending university is sporadically increasing.
Interestingly, Germany is the only popular study destination where international students are charged no tuition fees regardless.
Some times in October 2014, a decision from the German government came into power which stated that all international students attending a public university in Germany would be freed from paying tuition fees nonetheless.
Although every International student is expected to pay a sum of €250 per semester to pay few administrative costs like student contribution, student union fee, and also a public transport ticket altogether.
Limitless Degree Courses
Germany however, offers limitless degree courses designed to suit everyone’s interests apart from having a large number of universities.
Relatively, Germany as an industrialized country has invested a lot in engineering universities and contemporarily, Engineering programs are however valued at German Universities.
Nevertheless, there are a lot more study programs offered at these universities which are global leading courses like medicine and pharmacy.
The list of traditional courses in Germany is, however, expanding fast as new study fields are emerging accordingly with forefront scientific improvement.
In Germany, you will likely find a program or course of your choice taught by the most regarded professionals in that particular field regardless.
Job Opportunities for International Students
International students in Germany however are allowed to work part-time for up to 20 hours a week or 120 full days of a year.
Approximately 60% of current international students work part-time while studying in Germany.
There is no requirement or qualifications however in the first place when working in Germany because there is a wide range of job availability you’ll like.
In the same fashion working part-time alongside studying is an option you must seriously consider in Germany.
However, your working experience may increase your future employability can teach you to add disciplines to your lifestyle and live independently regardless.
Additionally, 429 public higher education institutions are functioning in Germany among which 106 are universities. German Colleges however are above global higher education standards.
Most universities in Germany have been consistently ranked among the world’s best universities nevertheless.
Students however value these ranked universities for the quality of education, hands-on experience during their studies.
And also opportunities to improve academically during and after studies, and most importantly the safe and friendly atmosphere.
Students also enjoy the worldwide reputation and standards because they express teaching and research excellence that is built upon a rich tradition of higher education.
Inexpensive Costs of Living
Living in Germany for international students is not quite expensive as you would expect in peripheral places but all this applies to students who are a bit smart with financial management.
However, House-rent is the major financial concern you will have to settle while studying in Germany.
Although, there are many options available to you and though the cost of rent varies it depends on the location of the apartment.
Therefore, to ease your financial burden you can find someone with whom you can share the room and this will cut in half your expenses.
Other miscellaneous which includes, the cost of other goods and services like food, basic amenities, and public transport, etc. are not expensive regardless.
7 Best German Colleges for International Students
Here are the 7 Best German Colleges for International Students 2020 and also their admission requirements with programs information relatively.
1. Technical University of Munich
The Technical University of Munich also known as TUM established in 1868 is highly rated and regarded as one of the best universities in Europe, known for academic excellence in research, teaching, and talent promotion.
The institution also has 15 different faculties respectively and still encompasses around 42, 705 students across all its degree programs, of which 32% of which are international students.
TUM however has 566 professors on staff who deliver high-quality teaching necessary to students who wish to excel in their career goals.
However, the Technical University of Munich offers degree programs in the following specializations:
- Computer Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Sports and Health Sciences
- Aviation, Space Travel, and also Geodesy
- Construction Geo Environment
- A Language Proficiency test is required
- A GMAT score of above 600 is considered to be valid proof for English Proficiency
- Certification of Qualification Assessment Examination may also be submitted as proof of your German Proficiency Test.
- Official high school transcript
- Aptitude test assessment results
- The students must also have sufficient marks in the entrance assessment test to pursue an undergraduate course at the Technical University of Munich
Visit the Official Website: Technical University of Munich
2. Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich also known as LMU is situated at the heart of Europe and it is relatively one of the leading research and training universities in Europe.
Furthermore, LMU Munich has over 500 years of tradition respectively, also offering some of the highest standards in teaching and research.
International students in LMU Munich make up 15% of the entire student population and are around 7,000 in number nonetheless.
LMU Munich however, has close corporations with several partner universities, respectively around 400 worldwide.
This, however, is an advantage to the students of the university who get to enjoy the exchange and joint degree programs.
The Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich offers courses in the following fields of study:
- Catholic Theology
- Protestant Theology
- Business Administration – Munich School of Management
- History and the Arts
- Philosophy, Philosophy of Science and also the Study of Religion
- Psychology and Educational Sciences
- Language and Literature
- Social Sciences
- Chemistry and also Pharmacy
- Mathematics, Informatics, and also Statistics
- Study of Culture
- Essay component required
- No official cut-off required
- University Entrance Qualification
- This is an advanced school-leaving certificate qualifying you for still pursuing a degree in German Universities
- Proof of German Language Proficiency.
- Official Certified copies of original certificates and also original translations from secondary school or university.
- Updated Curriculum Vitae.
- Financial support documentation or better still a sponsor’s affidavit of financial support.
- Visa certification
- Copy of official passport.
- Completed admission application form.
Visit the Official Website: Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
3. Ruprecht Karl University of Heidelberg
The university nevertheless has a long tradition as an internationally oriented research and teaching institution and also offering a variety of disciplines.
The University of Heidelberg aims at broadening the knowledge and also the skills of its students and preparing them for the future.
Heidelberg however provides qualitative teaching in its welcoming and comfortable environments.
Furthermore, Karl University focuses its attention on giving equal opportunities to both men and women thereby creating a comfortable diverse, and equal community of ambitious individuals.
The Karl University of Heidelberg offers degree programs in the following fields of study:
- Chemistry and Earth Science
- Mathematics and also Computer Science
- Modern Languages
- Behavioral and also Cultural Studies
- Economics and also Social Science
- Physics and also Astronomy
To be considered for admission, please submit the following:
- Online application through the CommonApp
- Copy of your passport
- Copy of your secondary school (high school) records
- Proof of English language proficiency
- ACT/SAT scores (optional)
- Personal statement and also recommendation letters (optional)
Visit the Official Website: Ruprecht Karl University of Heidelberg
4. Humboldt University of Berlin
The Humboldt University of Berlin also has about 35,475 students enrolled in its degree programs, out of which 5,610 are international students.
This university, however, has a well-known reputation for its teaching and also research ethics with around 420 professors and more than 1,900 assistants teaching and conducting research at the Humboldt University of Berlin.
Most of the academic staff at this university however come from outside of Germany.
Therefore it means that students get to enjoy quality teaching and an international perspective.
The Humboldt University of Berlin offer degree program from the following fields of study:
- Culture, Social Science, and also Education
- Life Sciences
- Mathematics and Natural Sciences
- Linguistics and also Literature
- Business and also Economics
However, the following are the documents required by international students applying to this university respectively:
- Copies secondary school certificate, graduation certificate, and also any other grade certificate
- German language proficiency proof
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic records and also valid transcripts
- Language Proficiency Proof
- A Curriculum Vitae from the commencement of education at school-level
- Fee Receipt produced by Uni-Assist
- Photocopy of Passport or better still an Identification Card ( Applicable only to EU Students)
- The Self-Assessment sheet, for PG admissions
Visit the Official Website: Humboldt University of Berlin
5. Free University of Berlin
The Free University of Berlin has a diverse network that has made the university has been one of the leading institutions in science and teaching since 2007.
The school nevertheless has around 33,000 students across its department out of which 13% of international students enrolled in its bachelor programs and 27% internationals in its master studies.
This University nevertheless seeks to ensure a future worth living by also providing efficient programs for its students.
And also ensuring its students acquire the needed skills to overcome some of the challenges that face society today.
The university nevertheless offers degree programs in 11 departments, including medicine:
- Earth Sciences
- Education and also Psychology
- History and Cultural Studies
- Mathematics and also Computer Science
- Philosophy and also Humanities
- Political and also Social Sciences
- Business and also Economics
- Also, Medicine
- School and also University certificates
- The final certificate of first degree with grade.
- Translation of certificates (if not originally in English) by sworn translators or an agency that still provides translations for government purposes regardless.
- German language proof
- English language proof
- Statement of purpose.
- Financial guarantee proof
- Letters of recommendation
- Copy of passport
- Resume (if applicable)
- Motivational letter
- Also an APS Certificate for students from China and Vietnam.
Visit the Official Website: Free University of Berlin
6. Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, KIT
Karlsruhe University aims to contribute immensely towards solving a few challenges that are, however, faced by the society, industry, and also the environment today.
KIT in the same fashion offers a worldwide exchange of knowledge to the numerous international research projects and its cultural diversity.
However, the university emphasizes opening up unique development perspectives for its students through an early integration into interdisciplinary research projects and international teams.
Nevertheless, KIT offers degree programs in the following fields of study:
- Civil Engineering, Geosciences, and also Environmental Sciences
- Chemistry and also Biosciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical and also Process Engineering
- Humanities and also Social Sciences
- Electrical Engineering
- Information Technology
- Entrance Qualification and also all previous transcripts as all universities are interested to know about the applicant’s previous educational background.
- Transcript of Grades as anyone can get a degree but some grades separate them. Although Some courses require minimum marks in a particular subject to offer admission.
- Proof of German Language Proficiency as most of the undergraduate courses in Germany are taught in the German language or still a typical English language proficiency for courses offered in dual language.
- Additional Standardized Tests like GRE/GMAT may also be required, depending on the course
- ID and also a Valid Passport Copies
- Letter of Motivation (Optional)
- Some graduate courses require previous work experience, Resume, CV, etc. so kindly check particular requirements.
Visit the Official Website: Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, KIT
7. RWTH Aachen University
This reputable university nonetheless is known for the degree programs it offers and the quality of its teaching, training, and also research.
In the same fashion, it is ranked among the top 10 universities in Germany and is still ranking to date.
The University however creates an avenue where innovative solutions are offered to solve global challenges.
Aachen University nevertheless develops in close connection with the industry thereby giving its students even more opportunities to acquire all the skills and knowledge they need in the labor market.
RWTH also has around 45,628 students, with a relative number of about 11,280 international students.
The University furthermore, offers several courses you can find your field in which includes:
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Arts and Humanities
- School of Business and also Economics
- Computer Science and also Natural Sciences
- Geo-resources and also Materials Engineering
- All official transcripts of colleges and universities previously attended
- A copy of all transcripts translated in English or German
- Proof of the university entrance qualification.
- Tabular Resume
- Proof of German Language Proficiency
- Proof of English Language Proficiency, for masters programs only.
Visit the Official Website: RWTH Aachen University
You should also read these related articles; the cheapest universities in the world.
These Best German Colleges for International Students stated above may not be the only best in the region. However, if you consider studying in an opportunity-filled country like Germany, these are options you can explore.
With a considerable number of excellent universities and bustling cities packed with vibrant and interesting features, German Colleges still stand to be the best.
This is because Germany is one of the few countries that offer free world-class education in the world and International students stand the chance to take advantage of some of the lowest tuition fees in the whole world.
We hope this article has been useful to you nevertheless, for more updates you can use this link to subscribe to our newsletter by signing up with your email, for more scholarship updates and career opportunities.