In Nigeria there are quite a number of affiliate marketing platforms you may need to know; making money online isn’t that hard anymore.
One of the things that made affiliate marketing the best among affiliate marketing includes but is not limited to the fact that:
- You need no single product to get started.
- There is no cap placed on how much you can make with affiliate marketing.
- You can start almost zero in your account; affiliate marketing requires less than $20 to get started.
Care to start a profitable affiliate marketing business in Nigeria, the list below may be a quick guide for you.
Most of you are already familiar with the term affiliate marketing, but for those of you that are not, let’s have a brief introduction of what affiliate marketing is.
Affiliate marketing is a type of online marketing where you market goods or services for an online seller. As a reward, the seller gives you a commission upon each successful sale. There are different ways a seller might pay an affiliate marketer, there’s the pay per sale, pay per click, and pay per lead. We have an entire section of blog posts dedicated to affiliate marketing, please check that out for more information on affiliate marketing.
However, many Nigerian affiliate marketers face strict and harsh conditions when trying to join most international affiliate marketing platforms. These strict conditions have made it difficult for affiliate marketing to gain a footing among many bloggers and content creators in Nigeria. However, some Nigerian affiliate platforms are now springing up in Nigeria, and in this post, we will be looking at the 4 Best Affiliate Marketing Platforms in Nigeria.
Breaking! Start Getting current updates on profitable skills, and top career opportunities with Jobreaders.org - Click Here to Subscribe Free.
We have compiled this list in order of the payout an affiliate is likely to get from these various affiliate marketing platforms, from highest to lowest. So without any further ado, let’s get started.
Expertnaire has become synonymous with affiliate marketing in Nigeria. However, most Nigerians are still skeptical of the platform as a legitimate means of earning income online, because of the way people view online businesses as shady. Most of this skepticism stems from the fact that most people have not yet understood the mode of operation of the platform, and others have pointed fingers at its meteoric rise in fame since its inception.
Expertnaire is a platform where digital content creators come to sell their products. The way this works is that, digital content creators who are in need of buyers for their products sign up with expertnaire as sellers and put their contents up for sale. The affiliate marketers in turn sell those products to their audience for a stipulated commission upon each sale. This is the entire modus operandi of expertnaire.
The entire process is transparent and both parties walk away happy. So far since it was created, there has not been any report of any fraudulent transaction on expertnaire, so it’s legit and is a proven way of making money online in Nigeria.
There are several ways through which one can make money on expertnaire, but the two most used ones that I will be going over in this post are; 1. As a vendor or product creator, and 2. As an affiliate.
How to Make Money as a Vendor on Expertnaire
The vendors or product creators in expertnaire are those that create the digital products for sale on the platform. Through research, it has been shown that the most effective method of sales is from referrals. As a result, expertnaire adopted this principle for its platform. As a vendor, the best way to get your product to sell fast is to get as many affiliates as possible to promote your product. At the time of writing this post, expertnaire has sold over 20,000 digital products.
How to Make Money as an Affiliate on Expertnaire
An affiliate partnership is the second way to make money on expertnaire. What this entails is that here you are responsible for selling products that have been created by vendors on the platform. The way you sell these products is totally up to you. The most important thing is that you make sales. After every successful sale, you receive a commission from the vendor. This is one of the easiest ways to make money on the platform.
As an affiliate marketer, you don’t necessarily need to own a blog to sell the affiliate products on expertnaire. You can use your social media handles, WhatsApp status, or any other online platform. You need to do is to copy the unique link assigned to you by the system to each product. Through that link, if a purchase is made, you will be paid your commission through tracking that exact link.
How Expertnaire Works
Here is the step by step guide to how expertnaire works, and how you can sign up and start making money.
- Sign up on the expertnaire market place- To sign up you would need to pay a yearly fee of N10,000. Failure to meet this payment at the end of the year means your membership will be terminated.
- Promote the listed products- As soon as registration is complete, the next thing is to get down to business. This is when you start promoting products that have been listed for sale on the platform through the link system given to you. As a word of advice, it’s preferable to promote digital products with high commission so that you can earn more.
- Receive payment- The final step of the process of earning with expertnaire. After selling the products you set out to market, expertnaire will pay the agreed commission to your account. The commissions you make are deposited directly into your bank account every Friday.
How to Become a Vendor on Expertnaire
You only need to follow one step to become a vendor on expertnaire. To become a vendor on expertnaire, you only need to sign up as one. But it is required that you pay a non-refundable annual membership fee of N25,000. Failure to meet this demand yearly means you automatically lose your membership as a vendor.
How to Register as a Vendor on Expertnaire
If you choose to go down the route of becoming a vendor on expertnaire and list your products for sale, there are criteria that you need to meet before your products can be accepted on the platform. These criteria are;
- Study the terms and conditions surrounding operating as a vendor on the platform.
- After studying it, if you’re satisfied with the terms and conditions, forward the details of your product to the platform for approval. It’s also important to note that everything you list on the platform must be original and that you own whatever you’re putting up for sale.
- The details of your product you need to submit to expertnaire include the following.
- URL of your product’s page. You’re not allowed to list a product on expertanaire without a sales page.
- Access to the product’s delivery system and access to check the quality of the product so as to put a value on it.
- Valid customer care/support information that buyers can use to reach you or your business in cases of emergency.
- The percentage you want to pay affiliates per products they sell.
You will submit these details to ‘[email protected]’ using your subject line as the title of your mail.
After expertnaire approves your request
After your request has been approved, the expertnaire technical team will set up your sales page for the product you sent in on the expertnaire platform. This is when the product will be available to affiliates.
There are still some things you need to know before you start selling on Expertnaire. Although these things were listed on their terms and conditions, it’s still important to bring your attention to them.
- Expertnaire charges 10% on all products listed.
- They collect the payments on your behalf.
- Expertnaire products come with a 30 days refund policy.
- They pay vendors once every two weeks on Friday.
I hope I have been over to cover to a large extent what expertnaire is and how you can make money on the platform. If you need more information on how you can use expertnaire to make money, you can visit their platform here; www.expertnaire.com.
Jumia Affiliate Program
Jumia is one of the biggest online retailers in Africa. The company started in 2012 in Lagos Nigeria as an online retail store like amazon. They have since then gone on to start a logistics company, a food service platform known as Jumia foods, a payment service, and a travel and hotel booking service known as jumia travels.
In essence, Jumia is into the business of buying and selling be it commodities or services. The company is currently traded on the floors of the New York Stock exchange. As of the time of writing this post, Jumia has partnered with 110,000 active retailers on its e-commerce platform.
This affiliate program is our second entry on the 4 Best Affiliate Marketing Platforms in Nigeria.
Jumia affiliate program is set up to reward affiliate marketers who refer jumia products to their audience when those people buy jumia products. Their affiliate program is pretty straightforward, you join, market jumia’s products and offers, once a sale is made, your commission will be sent to your account.
How to Join Jumia Affiliate Program
To register to become an affiliate on jumia, go to www.kol.jumia.com
When you get to the website, you can click on the ‘join now’ button and fill out the form. However, to become an affiliate with Jumia, you have to fall into one of these three categories.
- Micro-influencer / Creator- This is for people that identify as content creators, and love to give recommendations and reviews to loyal followers. You need to have a minimum of 5k followers to qualify to register as a micro influencer.
- Mega-influencer- This is for people who have a huge online following. These people should have well established social media followers and their posts should make the followers want to purchase the items they review as soon as possible.
- Affiliate- This is for people who have websites or social media pages that allows them to operate in fields of cashback, deals, reviews, email marketing, loyalty programs, coupons, price comparisons, or similar ventures.
How Does Jumia Affiliate Program Work?
To sign up with the jumia affiliate program, follow the following steps;
- Register- when you register, you can start working immediately if you’re an affiliate, or receive approval within the week if you’re a content creator/influencer.
- Advertise- Here you promote Jumia’s various Campaigns and enjoy tracking links up to seven days as well as discount codes.
- Earn- You get compensated for your sales with your payment method of choice at the end of every month.
The affiliate commission you receive will vary from product to product. So it’s left for you to pick the product with the highest affiliate commission.
Konga Affiliate Program
They are a direct competitor to jumia, in the sense that they offer almost the same service. The company was founded in July 2012. It has its headquarters in Gbagada, Lagos State. Konga is an online retail store with an extensive catalog of products. Konga boasts of over 100,000 retailers on its platform.
The Konga affiliate program
The konga affiliate program according to Konga is a creative sales scheme powered by konga. The aim of Konga affiliate program is to promote entrepreneurship in Nigeria with varying levels of growth according to performance from Associate, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. You can transact business worth millions of naira from the comfort of your home and have no one boss you around. The Konga affiliate program is an opportunity to earn unlimited commission and achieve your dreams within a short period of time.
Konga affiliate program made its way into our list of the 4 Best Affiliate Marketing Platforms in Nigeria because of its impressive reach and generous commissions. Konga affiliate program has over 10,000 affiliate partners in the 36 states of the federation. You can sell Konga affiliate products by using both online and offline channels.
How Konga Affiliate Program Works
To start earning from Konga, follow the next few steps, and you can start earning in no time.
- Sign up
- Place order
- Earn Commission
- Get paid
It’s as simple as that, but as is customary with every affiliate marketing program, you are only paid on the basis of how many products you can sell. Thus the more audience you have, the more your chances of selling the affiliate products and making money.
To start earning with Konga affiliate program, go to their affiliate page yuboss.konga.com.
Konga affiliate program offers training to all their affiliates, where they can learn from Konga’s extensive sales library, and get tips based on customer satisfaction.
Payporte is an ‘omnichannel retail company’ that was founded in 2014 by a group of young tech enthusiasts. They ran from 2014 to 2017 before they had a new mandate with a fresh vision to clothe Africa and beyond. Payporte operates from Lagos, Nigeria, with a presence in Philadelphia, USA, Manchester, UK, and Guangzhou, China.
Payporte has often rated the same level as Jumia, Jiji, and Konga. In 2016, Payporte received the e-commerce company of the year award given by CBN Cashless CardExpo Africa.
Payporte is a fashion store that deals in fashionable wear; you’ll notice that once you enter their website.
The Payporte Affiliate Program
Payporte is our last entry into the 4 best affiliate marketing platforms in Nigeria. PayPorte has a free-to-join affiliate model, unlike some of the entries in our list where you need to pay a certain amount before you can join.
The company goes the extra mile of giving you a N1000 sign-up bonus when you sign up to become their affiliate. According to them, their affiliate program boasts of the best commission rates. They also have a very fluid program that can help all classes of people from entrepreneurs to business people, and even students to be able to make money with their program.
They have a wide variety of products to choose from and market in any way that suits you best. These products range from fabric to furniture, to clothes, to health and beauty products, to fashion items and accessories. You can choose your preferred method of marketing these products using the medium that best suits you.
You can choose between using a website, social media, or email marketing to market their products and get paid either way.
To sign up with the payporte affiliate program, simply go to the payporte affiliate program’s page here https://payporte.com/affiliate-program.
How PayPorte Affiliate Program Works
To make money with the payporte affiliate program, you need to follow the following simple steps.
- Sign Up: To sign up, you will click the become an affiliate button on the affiliate page. After that is done, you’ll be taken to a page where you enter your details in the spaces provided, and take a reCAPTCHA test to prove you’re not a bot.
- Advertise: After sign up is complete, you will then be able to pick product to advertise. For any product you pick, a unique tracking link will be allocated to that product. This tracking link will inform payporte if a purchase is made through your link. Your banner links will be available on your dashboard.
- Earn: Once a purchase is made through your link, payporte will be notified and you will get your payment. However, you’re not allowed to withdraw your earnings until after 9 days of the purchase. Once the 9 days are complete, you can request withdrawal on your dashboard and you’ll be credited within 24 hours.
In this post, we saw 4 of the best affiliate marketing platforms available to Nigerians. With this 4 it’s a proven guarantee that you will be able to make money from the comfort of your homes. However, at this point, it is important to note that affiliate marketing is not a get-rich-quick scheme, you need to put in the works and you will definitely see the results.
At JobReaders, we are more concerned about teaching you how you can leverage the internet to create a cash flow. To this end, we have created the 7-figure affiliate marketing course. This course will show you all you need to know about affiliate marketing. The standard definition of affiliate marketing to how you can make money with affiliate marketing. We will also show you various pitfalls you should avoid along the way.
Hurry now to JobReaders Academy and sign up for the affiliate marketing course. See you there.