The Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC) Undergraduate Scholarships is inviting students in Nigerian universities for application for the 2021/2022 academic session
The Nigerian Agip Oil Company NAOC popularly known as Agip, the Operator of the NNPC/NAOC/Phillips Joint Venture, in pursuance of its Community Development Programme partners with other reputable Oil Companies to provide scholarship opportunities for undergraduates in Nigerian universities.
The Importance of a Degree
I think the right caption would have been the importance of a quality degree. What these schemes help you achieve are quality degrees.
Irrespective of claims, inadequate funding can limit one’s academic throughput, resulting in lower grades and educational dissatisfaction.
As a student who strives for best means to raise funds to start or complete your education, getting a scholarship is a good means.
When an excellent academic degree is obtained, it helps the individual:
- Make a better job choice
- Build Network for Business
- Challenge the mental strength and
- Upgrade his or social profile.
In as much as we preach against the entitlement mentality, it is also noble to note these core importance of pursuing an academic career, most notably at the early ages.
The Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC) Undergraduate Scholarships 2021 is one of those rare opportunities for students in Nigeria, to fund their educational paths throughout the tertiary institution periods.
Exceptional candidates are also given further opportunities to continue with their masters abroad, through this and other study opportunities out there.
Eligible Groups for Agip scholarships
The Agip Undergraduate Scholarship 2021, also known as Tertiary Institutions Scholarship Awards Scheme is for Nigerian students who are currently studying to obtain their first degrees in any registered Nigerian Tertiary Institution.
The Agip Undergraduate Scholarship 2020 categorized into two phases:
- Host Communities Merit Award: For applicants strictly from NAOC host communities, which includes Bayelsa, Delta, Imo, and Rivers states.
- National Merit Award: For applicants from non-host communities; this consists of every state in Nigeria.
The countries eligible for The Agip Undergraduate Scholarship 2020 award is Nigeria. Unspecified by the scholarship provider at the time of publication.
Before applying for The Agip Undergraduate Scholarship 2020, ensure you meet the requirements listed below:
- Applicants must be Full time Registered 100 level Students in a recognized Nigerian tertiary institution.
Applicants must provide the following during application;
- Passport photograph with white background not more than three months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
- School ID card
- Admission letter
- Birth certificate
- Proof of Local Government Area of Origin
- JAMB Result
Ensure to name the documents according to what they represent to avoid mixing up records during upload. Also, consider cross-checking all the documents before hitting the button by ensuring the appropriate materials on the right columns before uploading them. Also, ensure to provide a valid Email and Phone number for efficient communication
a). The student’s levels listed below, should not apply for the scholarship program:
- 200 level students and above
- Current and previous beneficiaries of similar awards
- Spouse/relatives of employees of NAOC, NAE, AENR, and NACPFA
b). Only indigenes of NAOC host communities (Bayelsa, Delta, Imo, and Rivers states) are to apply for the Host Communities Merit Award.
c). Only candidates who are currently studying any of the eligible courses approved by The Agip Undergraduate Scholarship 2020 board, which are; Engineering, Geology, Geosciences, and Agricultural Sciences are eligible to apply for the National Merit Award.
Eligible Courses for The Agip Undergraduate Scholarship 2020
For the ‘Host Community Merit Award,’ applicants studying an accredited course or field of study are eligible to apply.
For the ‘National Merit Award,’ Only applicants studying Engineering, Geology, Geosciences, and Agricultural Sciences are eligible to apply.
The scholarship providers have not specified the length of sponsorship for selected candidates at the time of this publication.
Having read the application requirements and eligible groups, if you qualify for the application, then carefully read the application procedures and go ahead to apply free.
To qualify, candidates should have completed the free online application before the deadline. This should be done by following all the procedures found in this article.
NAOC Scholarships Application Procedures
To apply, follow the steps below:
1. Click on “Apply Now” tab.
2. Click on “Register Now” to create an account.
3. Proceed to your email box to activate your account
4. Click on www.scholastica.ng/schemes/naocscholarships to return the home page www.scholastica.ng and select the 2021/2022 NAE Postgraduate Scholarship Awards to be redirected to the application page.
5. Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
6. Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, other information, and upload required scanned documents.
7. Ensure the name used in the application matches the names on all documentation in the same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
8. Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
9. When asked to upload a photo, upload a passport photograph with a white background.
10. Recheck application information to avoid errors
11. Click “Apply Now” to submit information
12. You will receive an email and an SMS that confirms your application was successful.
13. Return to www.scholastica.ng, enter your Email and Password to download your profile and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
14. Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
15. If the National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN)
Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
Click “Create Account” and fill in the required fields
Login with Email and Password to complete the form
After completion, schedule a date for photo and fingerprint capture
Visit any of the capture centres https://www.nimc.gov.ng/?q=nin-registration-centres to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
16. Return to www.scholastica.ng/schemes/naocscholarships and update application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion
The application procedure stated above is only for New Applicants; Previous Agip Undergraduate Scholarship applicants should kindly click www.scholastica. ng, log in with their registered email address and Password. Print The Agip Undergraduate Scholarship 2021 application form to be signed by their Heads of Department, after which they can upload the signed document to the same portal.
Application Deadline For The Agip Undergraduate Scholarship 2021
The Agip Undergraduate Scholarship 2021 application is usually open between August 1st to August 31st, 2021.
Please Note that Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship board.
The aptitude test will take place at designated centres to be communicated to applicants at a later date, and applicants are to fully bear the cost of transportation to and from Aptitude test centres.
Please ensure you understand the Instructions carefully before you start the application to avoid errors and disqualification.
For More Scholarship opportunities and updates on the Agip Undergraduate Scholarship 2021, frequently visit our Scholarship Portal.