This list of best colleges in South Africa was composed with the intention of guiding both local and international students who wish to enrol for higher education in the country.
A college in this context is an educational institution that may also include degree-awarding tertiary institutions in South Africa Secondary schools and the likes of any other college in SA offering Vocational degrees.
Despite the fact that we love to travel and tour, our journeys across Africa is aimed at exploring the best of the land, and sharing with us and the rest of the world; but with the interest of the youths in our hearts.
Jobreaders is a pure advocate of global benefits for students and any other set of scholars who deserve to be rewarded for great jobs and positive contributions, anywhere in Africa.
This post “Best colleges in South Africa” is one of the beautify outcomes of one our journeys, studies over the web and extracts from parental comments and other means that we might want to keep.
Breaking! Start Getting current updates on profitable skills, and top career opportunities with Jobreaders.org - Click Here to Subscribe Free.
There are numerous other colleges in SA, but there are distinguished institutions; maybe as a result of their commitment to improvising to world standards of education or simply people’s choice based on intimate factors.
But whatever the case may be, we have compiled a list that can guide students and parents while making decision and researches.
If there is a very good school whose features we failed to mention in this journal, you can also help us by including them through the comment section.
Who knows South Africa?
In Africa, the great nation is not known for numbers, political equations and oil, but by their unique diversity, in tribes, colours and ancients pedigrees.
We would have mentioned their position before other African countries but nations’ ranking is beyond the jurisdiction of this content.
In other words, we are not ready to rank countries in Africa.
But with regards to educational policies and government, South Africa is one of the most innovate in the whole of Africa, giving credence to the past and present administrations of the country governments.
And just like we must have aired in the past, the Xenophobia attack on other African nations has only been the dirty hands in the face of the country’s historical background.
And inasmuch as we are not ready to criticize or support the actions of the people, the government and the observing communities.
Africa will always continue to be the best land in the world, irrespective of the diversities and misunderstanding.
But do not forget that this post is designed to showcase the best colleges in South Africa, their locations and a few features that we can hold unto:
Government tertiary institutions
- Universities of Technology
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology, Western Cape
- Central University of Technology, Free State
- Durban University of Technology, KZN
- Mangosuthu University of Technology, KZN
- Tshwane University of Technology, Gauteng
- Vaal University of Technology, Gauteng
- TVET Colleges
Traditional and Comprehensive Universities in SA
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, Eastern Cape
- North-West University, North-West
- Rhodes University, Eastern Cape
- Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (formerly Medunsa), Gauteng
- Sol Plaatje University, Northern Cape
- Stellenbosch University, Western Cape
- University of Cape Town, Western Cape
- University of Fort Hare, Eastern Cape
- University of Johannesburg, Gauteng
- University of KwaZulu-Natal, KZN
- University of Limpopo, Limpopo
- University of Mpumalanga, Mpumalanga
- University of Pretoria, Gauteng
- University of South Africa (Unisa), Gauteng / national
- University of the Free State, Free State
- University of Venda, Limpopo
- University of the Western Cape, Western Cape
- University of the Witwatersrand (Wits University), Gauteng
- University of Zululand, KZN
- Walter Sisulu University, Eastern Cape
- ACT Cape Town
- Academy for Facilities Management (A4FM)
- Belgium Campus
- Centurion Akademie
- City Changers Institute
- College of Production Technology (CPT)
- College of the Transfiguration
- Concept Interactive
- CTI Education Group
- The Da Vinci Institute
- Durbanville College
- ea College
- George Whitefield College
- Helderberg College
- ICESA City Campus
- International Peace College South Africa
- IQ Academy
- Lyceum Correspondence College
- Milpark Education
- Monash South Africa
- Open Learning Group
- Oval International
- Pearson Institute of Higher Education
- Potchefstroom Academy
- Prestige Academy
- Quality Career Academy
- Rosebank College
- SAE Institute of South Africa
- SANTS Private Higher Education Institution
- Sonett International Academy
- The South African College of Applied Psychology (SACAP)
- Southern African Wildlife College
- St Augustine Private Tertiary Institution of South Africa
- Stenden South Africa
- TSIBA Education
- Varsity College
Boston City Campus and Business College
Business Management Training (BMT) College
Cranefield College of Project Programme Management Institute
East London Management Institute (ELMI)
Foundation for Professional Development
Henley Business School
IMM Graduate School of Marketing
International Trade Institute of Southern Africa
Management College of Southern Africa (Mancosa)
Production Management Institute of Southern Africa (PMI)
Regenesys Business School
Regent Business School
Southern Business School
Creative Arts and Design
AAA School of Advertising
The Animation School
BHC School of Design
Centre for Fine Art Animation and Design
Design Academy of Fashion
Elizabeth Galloway Academy of Fashion Design
Friends of Design Academy of Digital Arts
Greenside Design Center College of Design
LISOF Fashion Design School and Retail Education Institute
Open Window Institute for Arts and Digital Sciences
Red and Yellow School
Ruth Prowse School of Art
The South African School of Motion Picture Medium and Live Performance (AFDA)
Spero Villioti Elite Design Academy
Stellenbosch Academy of Design and Photography
Embury Institute for Teacher Education
Headstart Mercy Montessori Teacher Training Centre
Inscape Education Group
Centre for Creative Education
Medicine, Health, Fitness & Beauty
Camelot International Health and Skin Care Education
Health and Fitness Professionals Academy
Healthnicon Nursing College
International Academy of Health and Skin Care
International Academy of Reflexology and Meridian Therapy
International Institute for Sports Science and Fitness Training (IIFT)
Isa Carstens Health and Wellness Academy
Life Healthcare College of Learning
Mediclinic Private Higher Education Institution
IHT Hotel School
- The International Hotel School
- The Private Hotel School
- The Swiss Hotel School South Africa
- Durban Computer College
- Richfield Graduate Institute of Technology
Music and Production Colleges
- Academy of Sound Engineering
- The campus of Performing Arts
- Cape Audio College
Theology Schools in South Africa
In this list of best colleges in South Africa, we considered making a complete list of all the schools, to aid visitors search. The myths below motivates our listing.
- Die Afrikaanse Protestantse Akademie NPC
- Akademie Reformatoriese Opleiding en Studies
- Auckland Park Theological Seminary
- Baptist Theological College of Southern Africa
- Christ Baptist Church Seminary
- Christian Reformed Theological Seminary
- Cornerstone Christian College
- Hebron Theological College
- Southern Africa Bible College
- Mukhanyo Theological College
- South African Theological Seminary
- St John Vianney Seminary
- St Joseph’s Theological Institute
- Theological Education by Extension College
- Union Bible Institute
Myths about Colleges
Colleges in South Africa and through other nations in the world have the same stories and capabilities. Degrees and other certificates brag about certifying graduates in characters and in learning, but in the real sense, the ability to develop character and learn is individualistic.
If you happen to be in any of this South African school or intend to delve because of the entitlement mentality, then there is a problem somewhere.
The essence of schooling is to develop skills, learn communication and interaction. And the most paramount is to become a community solution. School titles do no convert the award of street credibility, to anyone.
It only proves that you have been trained, and the ability to put them to work becomes students’ choices.
Why do we say this, these have been one of the most dangerous myths that affect societal development and the earlier we understand these things the better.