The Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award 2021 is one of the ongoing undergraduate scholarship schemes by the Federal Government of Nigeria thought its education Ministry.
This scheme is one of the best national merit scholarships for undergraduates, masters, and Ph.D. students (who are Nigerian).
For the best interest of students from Nigeria, it is essential to note that this scholarship program has several other schemes that ensure fully-funded opportunities for Nigerians at all levels of Study.
But before you proceed with the BEA Scholarship 2021 application, it is pertinent that you know more about the academic funding plans and the basic requirements from different classes of students.
It is a prominent issue that raising funds to finance education (by myriads of students in Nigeria) is indeed a difficult challenge.
In this light of these facts, the Federal Government of Nigeria, through the Ministry of Education, has presented the Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award 2021/2022, to address your needs.
The Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award 2021
This section is a summary 2021 BEA; for candidates who do not know the requirements.
Now, pay rapt attention to the details of this scheme to avoid wasting both your time and other precious resources.
What this stands to achieve is that, if you are not eligible for this scholarship, applying will never amount to anything. Instead, search for other ongoing scholarship opportunities for students at your level.
Eligible Courses(s) for BEA 2021/2022
There is no limit to the discipline that should apply for this scholarship. As a federal government project, all courses are qualified to apply.
There is no department, faculty of the subunit that excluded in this scholarship program.
Eligible Course Level
The undergraduate (bachelors), Masters, and the PhDs are all qualified for the Bilateral Agreement scholarship 2021.
But this does not include the post-primary school graduates who are considered aspirants into higher institutions.
The Scholarship Provider
The BEA 2021 Scholarship is an effort of the Federal Government of Nigeria and through the Federal Ministry of Education.
It is a financial intervention program for high-selling students who qualify for academic financing through scholarships.
What this implies is that to take part in the Bilateral Agreement scholarship 2021 and emerge an awardee, you must be academically sound and healthy.
Country to Study in The Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award 2021) is to be taken in several developed and developing countries of the world.
Perfect Alternative to Scholarships in Nigeria
Africa is a nation blessed with lots of natural and human resources to the point that anyone can earn a living outside governmental structures.
It is also one of the most accommodating natures of the world and does not accept based on race and discipline.
In Africa, we have youths that believe in the power of the mind, the craft of the hands, and God’s blessings. It is in this light that we have come up with what we term the perfect alternative to scholarship opportunities.
If you are searching for a means of funding your schooling in any part of the world, the number one factor to consider is what you can afford.
We have countries where academic grants don’t work, and the governments do not consider investing so much on educational infrastructure and otherwise.
So the question comes into play. How can one fund his or her education outside scholarship, such as the Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award 2021?
When I was in University, I was more concerned with skills because I’d already known what I wanted, outside the fact that I needed means of paying my school fees.
I wasn’t the same with everyone in the class, in that I had a lot of these factors in my mind. It is not news that funding University degrees in Nigeria can be much more stressful for students from lower-income values.
However, striving to see ends meet for me was the greatest thing that happens to my career. Because having developed strong technological skills, experiences in web development, I did not have to bother about what the labor market had to say.
Without the need to stress upon this topic, one of the ways to fund an academic career as a student is to learn highly paying digital or regular skills.
And a simple list of this alternative includes:
- Graphics and Animation
- Computer Repairs and Installations
- Product Sales and Mini Importation
- Fashion and Graphics
Picking careers from any of the mentioned angles does not imply the end of needs in your pockets. But the genuine commitment to building lives out of the said points.
In your environment, you can look deeper into the market, to find out the most selling and needed commodities. In that, one can genuinely scale through the vast nature of wants that characterize some families in Nigeria.
Why the Bilateral Educational Agreement Scholarship Awards (BEA 2021)?
This scholarship scheme is one of the only scholarship schemes that are directly from the Federal Government in Nigeria.
Irrespective of the fact that it is highly competitive, victorious students enjoy the full support of the Federal government of Nigeria through the Bilateral Agreement Scholarship Awards.
Again, it is a scheme by the Federal Ministry of Education through the Federal Scholarship Board (FSB).
And the Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) 2021 Oversea Scholarships is for Nigerian undergraduate, masters, and doctoral students.
What is BEA Scholarship Award?
The best way to improve the standard of education and that of living in Nigeria is to fund the academics of the less privileged.
And to do this effectively, the government of Nigeria has come to become one with other nations who have the same interest in assisting the state o living in Nigeria, through education.
International Universities are also chosen as destinations for the Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award 2021, and its previous versions.
Because we have seen lots of students search for this question, it is now paramount that we explain what made up the Bilateral Agreement.
This offer is the only scholarship that is for Nigerian youths, and which comes after due process by development partners who have entered into a Bilateral Educational agreement with Nigeria.
In other words, the BEA 2021 (just like the previous versions of the scheme) does not receive full fund the Nigerian government.
Instead, there is an agreement, and each government plays its part. The Agreement involved, however, the following countries; China, Romania, and Cuba.
This awareness is to ensure that as a student, you have all you need to benefit mainly from the Global economy.
There is an open-end for scholars from various parts of the world to compete and provide world solutions to several challenges facing the globe today, and the focus and expectations lie in the hands of students.
We want you to be one of the top beneficiaries of these international career opportunities by providing you with instant information about these schemes, before others.
Where is the BEA Scholarship Award 2021 taken?
Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award 2021 is to tenable in any of the following countries:
- Czech Republic
- Tunisia and many other countries in the world.
Who is Eligible for BEA 2021?
The BEA 2021 is open for every student in Nigeria (which includes just undergraduates, Masters, and Ph.D.). And for clarity sake, only the following groups are invited for the application:
The undergraduate applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The category must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) from their West African Examination Council (WAEC) results, which must be (May/June).
- Other results aside from the Compulsory English and mathematics must only be in the subjects relevant to their fields of Study.
- The Certificates should not be more than two (2) years old (i.e., 2016/2017);
- The age limit is from 18-20 years old.
- You must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division. If you have received a previous Foreign Awards, you will have to complete at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria before applying.
- NYSC is always compulsory.
- For Masters, the age limit is 35 years; and 40 years for Ph.D.
Important Information for all BEA 2021 Applicants
The BEA countries are non-English speaking. This demand necessitates a mandatory one-year foreign language of your destination (country).
The communication grace (for the learning of language), has part of the scholarship duration.
The scholarship is tenable in all the institutions of higher learning in the participating countries. Specifically, these are countries that have Bilateral Educational Agreements (BEA) with Nigeria and the participating countries include:
For Undergraduate Category
- Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Russia, Hungary, Egypt, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Macedonia, Ukraine, and Japan.
The countries include Russia (only for those whose first degrees are taken in Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c.
The courses for available for undergraduates in the Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award 2021 include Engineering, Agriculture, Geology, Russia, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Biotechnology, Social Sciences, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), and so many other courses.
Related:20 Best Scholarships for International Students in the USA: An overview
Postgraduate level (Master’s Degree and Ph.D.). For this category, all field are eligible for the Bilateral Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award 2021
What are the Required Documents for BEA 2021 Applications
The following documents should be at hand for the online application ( as the portal opens for the BEA 2021):
- Passport Photo:
- O’ Level Certificate:
- Transcript/Results (SS1-SS3, for UG only):
- First Degree Certificate (for PG only):
- Master Certificate (for PG only):
- Transcript (First degree):
- Transcript (Master):
- Research Proposal (for Ph.D. only):
- Certificate of State/LGA of Origin:
- Birth Certificate (from National Population Commission):
The Worth of BEA Scholarship Awards
The participating governments assist the Nigerian government in the following areas:
- The tuition
- Students’ accommodation
While Nigeria government takes care of the following expenses:
- $500 monthly supplementation
- $250 yearly warm clothing
- $200 annual Health Insurance
- $500 annual medical scholars only
- $1000 Postgraduate research grant yearly were applicable
- N100,000 – Take off Postgraduate scholars were applicable
- N60,000 – Take off funds for undergraduates.
How can I apply for the Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award 2021
We are explaining the application procedures in four sections.
But note that this portal is only open for suitable and qualified candidates from (in) Nigeria, and to apply for this federal government scholarship, candidates must:
- Visit the Federal Scholarship Board online application system for BEA Scholarship Award 2020 to “CREATE ACCOUNT” form to register. You can only do this with a valid email and password of choice. But if you have already registered, you can proceed with the “Log In” form.
- Fill the details clearly and save your steps as you go. You can also go back to the previous actions to make changes on your dashboard so far the application deadline is not met. Be informed that all asterisk ( *) fields be input with data.
- Upon completion, do print out the form.
- Then submit the two sets of the Printed Application Forms at the venue of the interview that you will see in the subsequent section of this article.
It has always been customary that all eligible applicants are to report for interview at the places scheduled for their respective Zones of origin.
This first instance if for proper identification.
Till now, we do not know the exact pattern for the Application Deadline for the Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award 2021 screening schedules.
On this note, we suggest that you submit the applications and keep your fingers crosses as we update you.
It is also useful that you subscribe to our email news on the box, as we are going to keep you posted with accurate dates and time.
Then submit the completed application forms at the various interview centers, with the following attachments:
- Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous institutions (two sets)
- Only WAEC is accepted ( and we advise you go with both the original and photocopy)
- Birth Certificate ( from National Birth Commission only)
- Local Government/State of Origin (documents must be duly signed and stamped)
- Four (4) recent passport photographs with white background
- Postgraduate candidates should submit their Academic transcripts and NYSC certificates.
Successful Candidates nominated by the scholarship Board will be required to submit the following:
- Original and copies of their academic documents
- The Data page of their valid international passports
- Medical Report from approved Hospitals
- Police clearance certificate (this is only where necessary)
The Bilateral Agreement scholarship (BEA) 2021 will not deflect from the original goals for the Nigerian populace.
The scheme also encourages applying students to be law-abiding as many activities on the site may lead to automatic disqualification.
- Do not engage in multiple registrations.
- Avoid upload of falsified documents into the website
Warning: Do note that this scholarship application does not attract any fee. Therefore, beware of fraudsters!
When is the Application Deadline BEA 2021?
Usually, the application deadline is February. But for the actual Application Deadline for the Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award 2021, we advise you to reach the official websites for proper guidelines. Leave a comment below this post, to be guided by one of our team.