Are you a student looking for a community college scholarship for international students in the USA? Then you are on the right page.
The United States of America is one of the famous countries for international students.
Even though US colleges and universities are providing financial assistance and scholarships available to international students, most international students at colleges still rely on their sources of funds for their education.
This article contains all you need to secure admission into the community college, requirement, how to apply, and worth are compiled here for your pursue.
What is a community college?
Community colleges sometimes are called junior colleges, technical colleges, or city colleges and they are primarily two-year public institutions providing lower-level tertiary education known as continuing education. And these colleges grant certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees.
Why a community college?
These colleges offer a 2-year programs that provide an “associate” degree, at much lower fees than a four-year school.
With a degree from a community college, students can also move on to a full college or university to complete their undergraduate degree program in only 2 years.
Instead of paying four years of fees at the higher rate colleges or universities, students pay 2 years of community college and 2 years of university tuition.
What are the reasons why students study at community college?
Below are some reasons why students study in community colleges:
- It is cheaper than going to university
- The classes are small
- Take a bachelor degree at a lower cost
- Try the America college experience
- Work in the United State for one year on opting
- It is easier to get accepted
How to apply?
For you to apply to a community college you need to submit the following:
- Submit the college application form
- Application fee
- Your high school diploma translated to English
- A copy of your passport
- Proof that you can finance your studies
- Proof that you have the required English level, for example, a TOEFL or IELTS test.
There are times where you need to submit other documents like a personal letter.
Every school has their admission processes, you should endeavor to check the application procedures of the college you are interested in.
What are the requirements for community college?
The requirement to register in a community college varies from school to school, nevertheless, students need to complete the following:
- Earn a high school diploma or GED
- Register and pay for courses
- Fill out a college application
- Submit proof of residency
- Apply for financial assistance (if there is a need)
- Complete new student orientation
- Take a school required placement tests such as the ACT, SAT, or ACCUPLACER
How much do community colleges cost?
Community college fees are usually thousands of dollars cheaper than what you will pay in your four-year public or private school.
In California, first–time college students may even attend community college for free.
According to the College Board published the following average yearly amount for tuition and fees for 2019-2020:
- Public two-year college (community college) $3,730.
- Public four-year college (in-state students) $10,440, or $21,950 with room and board.
- Public four- year college (out-of-state students) $26,820, or $38,330 with room and board.
- Private four-year colleges $49,870 with room and board.
Below is the list of community colleges for scholarship in the United State of America
The average cost after aid is $3,254
In-state tuition $4,870.
Avg cost after aid is $4,100
In- state tuition is $4,800
The average cost after aid is $4,262
And In-state tuition is $4,740
Frequently asked questions
Do community college credits transfer?
One of the questions surrounding the decision to go to a community college is this: do community college credits transfer to a four-year university?
yes, but it all depends on the classes you plan on taking.
What are the for and against going to a community college?
- Lighter workload
- Limited Curriculum
- Qualified Professors
- Smaller classes
- Cost of tuition. The main reason why students attend community college is for the financial advantage
What’s so bad about community college?
Many community school students simply do not think that their schools have a lot to offer in terms of career opportunity planning and other support services.
These can also make the students not to take their study and work very seriously because they so much bear in mind that community colleges are offering a low quality of education.
Conclusively, are you a student looking forward to studying in the United State of America? Endeavor to check which of the community college list above and apply.