This is a comprehensive overview of the Core British Universities in Dubai that offers students a range of career-building opportunities and also a life-time experience for all students who aspire to study in UAE.
Higher education opportunities in the UAE have skyrocketed with the opening up of regional campuses by a variety of foreign universities.
To provide students with problem-solving skills that assist in a professional career, they provide a multi-ethnic learning atmosphere and international content.
A number of foreign institutes, such as British, American, and Australian universities, are located in Dubai.
There are several career-defining reasons for studying in the UAE, apart from quality education, international degrees, and comprehensive campus facilities.
Opportunity For You : Are You Searching for a Legitimate Income Stream (in Dollars)?
Our primary goal at Jobreaders.org is to help you learn profitable skills; to properly position you for global career opportunities that will transform your life.
As a mother, father, student or that 9-5 person who's searching for extra (passive) income, here is an opportunity to boost your income
Are you ready to learn? Let's teach you proven ways you can earn sustainable income in a stable currency This method has been used by so many students, to raise funds for their studies abroad; or take quality care of their needs
Both the younger and older people can learn this skills, and be earning strong income from any country of the world.
Have you done that already? Let's proceed with the content of this blog post. At Joreaders, our mission is to connect you with high-paying skills and rare global career opportunities.
Multidisciplinary programs such as business management and engineering are provided by some top universities, with an emphasis beyond theoretical expertise.
For their academic excellence and international recognition, these British universities in Dubai have sought after. there are also Cheap Universities in Dubai and they are open to international students.
1. The British University of Dubai
In 2003, the British University in Dubai (BUiD) which is one of the Core British Universities in Dubai was founded as a university focused on science.
BUiD is authorized by the UAE Higher Education Affairs Ministry of Education and all its programs are approved by the Academic Accreditation Board.
Also, BUiD is part of a strategic partnership with the University of Edinburgh, the University of Manchester, and the University of Glasgow, the three universities of the UK Russell Community.
In Dubai International Academic City, Dubai, BUiD is situated.
The British University of Dubai is one of the reputable institutions in the emirate, offering a variety of undergraduate degree programs.
It also provides corporate administration undergraduate programs with specialties in Accounting and Finance. An e-learning facility is also provided by this university.
Additionally, It is also one of the best engineering universities in Dubai to deliver programs in industrial and electromechanical engineering, apart from the acclaimed business management courses on offer.
There are a digital library and an engineering laboratory on the university campus, an architecture laboratory, and a physics lab to improve the learning experience.
Indoor and outdoor sports and a recreation room are also featured on the campus to involve students in their off-duty period.
In order to support the competitive spirit among students, the British University of Dubai also organizes competitions and events.
- Bachelors in Business Management,
- Accounting, Industrial Engineering,
- Electro-Mechanical Engineering,
- Computer Science
- Software Engineering and
- Artificial Intelligence.
Doctoral and Postgraduate Programs:
- Masters in Finance
AED 225k – AED 250k for undergrad programs and AED 165k for an entire doctoral program
English requirements: EmSAT minimum score of 1100, TOEFL score of 500 (173 CBT, 61 iBT) or equivalent, IELTS academic minimum score of 5.0 or equivalent on another nationally or internationally recognized standardized test approved by the Ministry of Education.
(Non-Credit Bearing) Preparatory Modules
General Mathematics (to be offered to learners who demonstrate a requirement after testing.
English learning and communication skills (to be given to TOEFL students between 500 and 530)
Tests for Placement
English Language Modules must be taken by students with a score less than the minimum required and will be placed at the appropriate level.
Students must provide the required Math score for their respective training track or pass a placement test for Math.
Conditional admission may be granted to students who have not met the Math requirements or passed the Math Placement test.
But they can not enroll in any Math or any other modules that have Math as a prerequisite until they meet the Math requirements.
The Requirement for Probational Entry:
Under the following conditions, candidates with a school average of less than 70 percent but 60 percent or more may be considered for admission:
- In at least one of the three most relevant subjects, the student achieved 70 percent, as separately specified for each program; and
- As part of the student application, an interview/assessment/other records of achievement were submitted.
- On a case-to-case basis, similar student cases from other national systems will be considered.
- An English language proficiency equivalent to a TOEFL score of PBT 500/iBT 61 or IELTS 5.0 or equivalent must be obtained by non-English native speakers using a standardized test approved by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- Candidates with 11 years of education in the British System (O levels/GCSE) may be considered for admission as part of the student application subject to an interview/assessment.
- As detailed later in this document, students who have completed 13 years of education may be deemed exempt from equivalent first-year modules in line with the University Policy on Advanced Standing.there are also various Types of UAE Visa.
UAE students who have displayed an excellent record are given a British University Scholarship in Dubai. Now you can begin your 2021 application!
Students applying for a Masters in Finance and an MSc are granted scholarships.
In Building Law & Services for dispute resolution. So, hurry now and apply for this program as the only qualifying person will be considered.
What You Need To Know About the British University Scholarships
Level of Study
These Scholarships, however, are for candidates interested in pursuing only a Master’s program at the British University of Dubai.
The British University Scholarships are awarded in Finance, Construction Law, and also Dispute Resolution.
Additionally, the Scholarship Program will be taken at the British University in Dubai.
Also, the beneficiaries of the British University Scholarships will get access to;
- Masters in Finance: 25,000 AED scholarship to be offered for eligible candidates.
- In Construction Law and Dispute Resolution: 32,000 AED scholarship to be offered for eligible candidates.
Eligibility for the British University Scholarships
Note that all applicants must meet the below criteria to be eligible for these scholarships
- Applicants must be a UAE National.
- The applicant must also meet the university admissions criteria and hold a valid offer relatively.
To apply for a British University Scholarship, degree certificates and transcripts in any language other than English should be accompanied by legally translated copies.
- Initial degree certificate attested by Higher Education Affairs, UAE Ministry of Education.
- Original transcript attested by Higher Education Affairs, UAE Ministry of Education.
- For all degree certificates granted by institutions outside the UAE, a certificate of equivalency (CoE) is also required. Sponsored by the Higher Education Affairs Ministry of Education.
- Initial English test report form for IELTS/TOEFL/PEARSON/Cambridge/City & Guilds
- Employer’s certificate of professional teaching experience with at least 2 years of experience (MEd/Ph.D. Education/EdD applicants only)
How to Apply
The following documents are expected to be submitted by applicants. When completing your submission, upload these documents
- Copy Degree Certificate
- Copy of transcript
- Copy of passport
- Language of English (IELTS/TOEFL) certificate
2. Heriot-Watt University
The Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus was initially opened at the Dubai International Academic City University Complex in 2005.
It originally began with 120 students, with plans to raise the number to 1,500 students within a 5-year time frame.
However the speed of its expansion outpaced this estimate, and by 2010, it had exceeded its original capacity of 2,000 students.
The construction of Heriot-Watt University’s purpose-built campus in Dubai International Academic City started in 2010.
This state of the art campus opened officially on 3 November 2011, expanding the size of the Heriot-Watt Dubai Campus to 4,500 students.
With a 700-seater auditorium, on-site accommodation for men and women, food court, gym, indoor games room, food court, convenience store, and beauty salon.
Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus opened its phase 2 expansion campus in 2013.
Additionally, Heriot-Watt Dubai is one of the finest British universities to offer multidisciplinary programs in Dubai.
In the Dubai Academic Region, Heriot-Watt University is one of the best universities to offer a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs. dubai also gives Golden Visa Requirements.
Heriot-Watt University students can use the ultra-modern campus facilities, including indoor sports and social events.
It is the only British engineering university in Dubai to offer a range of specialties in an engineering discipline.
Over 77,000 students work at this institution in key roles across the globe, which also signifies its prestige.
Not only does Heriot-Watt University in Dubai educate students, but it guarantees a thriving career with its international teaching standards.
Also, it is one of the best foreign universities in Dubai if you are looking for architecture, computing, and other technical courses.
- Computing and Electronics,
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering,
- Robotics and Interactive Systems,
- Chemical Engineering,
- Automotive Engineering,
- Civil Engineering and
- Petroleum Engineering
- Advanced Mechanical Engineering,
- Renewable Energy Engineering,
- Petroleum Engineering,
- Software Engineering and
- Civil Engineering
Undergraduate AED 63,000 per year, postgraduate AED 81,900 per year
Admission to the programs is by individual evaluation – in addition to academic credentials, experience, and abilities are respected.
The institution look for proof of motivation, comprehension of the goals of a proposed study program, reports from referees.
Please contact the Student Recruitment Service for more detailed details on the entry requirements.
Qualifications from the UK
- Qualifications from school
- College credentials
- University credentials
Those holding Level 3 BTEC certificates, including the Extended Diploma, are invited to apply.
In certain cases, programs may have subject-specific criteria, where A-Levels are often required.
The institution relatively recognizes that not all candidates would have the same education opportunities.
If you do not meet the entry requirements for one of our degree programs, you will be able to use other routes.
The Institution furthermore, welcome foreign students’ applications and accept qualifications from all over the world. For more information please refer to the entry requirements for your country.
Level/Field of Study:
The scholarship is open to undergraduate students to study in any of the schools in the university listed above.
The scholarship is to be taken in the U.K at Heriot-Watt University.
This scholarship is open to International (non-EU) applicants holding an offer for an eligible Undergraduate Degree Programme.
For overseas (non-EU) applicants for eligible undergraduate degree programs, Heriot-Watt University is continuing its new Scholarship Programme for 2020.
In one of three categories, Successful Scholarships will benefit from a fee reduction:
- Heriot-Watt Merit Scholarships – 25% reduction
- Heriot-Watt Excellence Scholarships – 50% reduction
- Heriot-Watt Distinction Scholarships – 100% reduction (maximum of FIVE Scholarships in total)
- Overseas (non-EU applicants) for eligible programs for undergraduate degrees.
- The criteria are based on academic merit, but for higher value scholarships, financial needs will be taken into account.
- Candidates must be offered a place to study at Heriot-Watt University in the United Kingdom.
However, to study at this university, you have to speak English. To test your English language proficiency schedule an IELTS test.
How to Apply:
Visit the Application Portal, which is now open for users, until you have an offer of a position in the UK (on-Campus). Please complete, by the deadline, the correct application form.
These scholarships are not eligible for Distance Learning Programmes.
Reasons to Study Here
- Truly Global: Voted by The Times University Guide 2018 as the Foreign University of the Year, Heriot-Watt has five campuses in the UK, Dubai, and Malaysia.
- Career-focused courses and highly employable students: within six months of graduation, 90 percent of Heriot-Watt students go into jobs or further study.
- Excellent services highly regarded teaching and world-leading research offer an outstanding atmosphere for learning and teaching.
3. University of Birmingham Dubai
The University of Birmingham (formally Birmingham University) in Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom, is a public research university.
In 1900, it obtained its royal charter as a successor to Queen’s College, Birmingham (founded as the Birmingham School of Medicine and Surgery in 1825).
And Mason Science College (established by Sir Josiah Mason in 1875), making it the first university in England to earn its royal charter.
There are 22,940 undergraduate students and 12,505 postgraduate students in the student population, which is the fourth-highest in the UK (out of 169).
The institution’s annual revenue for 2017-18 was £ 673.8 million, with an expenditure of £ 663.2 million, of which £ 134.2 million was from research grants and contracts.
Birmingham University accepts applications from United Arab Emirates students.
They currently have a number of UAE students pursuing a variety of university base, undergraduate, and postgraduate courses, and are receiving a number of students funded by the UAE Embassy.
Building view of an internationally acclaimed University of Birmingham Dubai
Are you thrilled to be part of the world’s top 1 percent of universities? The University of Birmingham is one of the top British Universities in Dubai, with its origins dating back to 1900.
So you can choose to study at the University of Birmingham’s Dubai campus with globally acclaimed courses. The distinctive attribute of this UAE British University is that it is known for transforming students’ lives.
Students will be challenged to realize their true potential with its foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
There are a number of facilities provided to students at the University of Birmingham in Dubai.
Study rooms, for example, have Wi-Fi on campus and there is a campus kitchenette.
To meet their spiritual needs, there are also separate prayer rooms for male and female students.
Expat students can opt for inexpensive rental apartments in the Dubai Silicon Oasis, apart from the university hostel.
- Business Management,
- Computer Science,
- Mechanical Engineering and
- Computer Science,
- International Business,
- International Commercial Law,
- Teacher Training and
- Inclusion & Special Education Needs
AED 94,080 per year for undergrad Business Management program. It varies for course
As well as meeting the specific entry requirements of your chosen course, which can be found in our course finder on course-specific pages, you must also be accepted for your course by the Admissions Tutor.
Furthermore, if you have the following: GCSE English and GCSE mathematics (including IGCSEs), both grade C and above the institution requires literacy and numeracy skills which can normally be demonstrated.
In one or both of these subjects, some programs may require a particular grade.
This will be noted in the Course Finder with the course entry. Normally, applicants must also be 17 years of age by 1 October of the year in which their program begins.
They accept the following qualifications:
- Three (including International A Levels) levels of GCE A
- The Diploma for the International Baccalaureate
- SQA Highers and Advanced Highers (Highers without additional Advanced Highers would be approved by several programs)
- The Cambridge Pre-U (three different subjects minimum)
- A mixture of A levels and Cambridge Pre-U subjects (a total of at least three)
- The Higher Standard Irish Leaving Certificate
- The Baccalaureate of Europe
For certain programs, some qualifications may be considered, such as:
- The Diploma in Advanced
- Relevant BTEC National or Higher National Merit and Distinction Qualifications obtained
- Qualification for Access to Higher Education. You can contact the Admissions Tutor for your proposed study program at the University of Birmingham if you have, are completing, or are still beginning an Access to HE certification. You will be able to tell the Admissions Tutor whether the contents of your Access qualification will be appropriate.
Scholarships at University of Birmingham
For more than a century, the University of Birmingham has been challenging and cultivating brilliant minds.
The Birmingham Masters Scholarship helps the brightest and best candidates who wish to study at the university for a Masters’s degree between 2020-21.
Birmingham Masters scholarships will be awarded to up to 200 applicants starting their Masters’ studies in 2020 and awards will be based on prior academic and/or professional results.
Fields of Study Available
Departments, Colleges, & Schools
- College of Arts and Law
- Engineering and Physical Science
- Life and Environmental Science
- Medical and Dental Science
- Social Sciences
To help the brightest and best candidates seeking to pursue a Master’s thesis, up to 200 awards of £ 2,000.
Criteria for Qualifying
On the basis of previous academic and/or professional results, the Scholarship will be granted.
It is predicted that candidates will achieve a First-class or Upper Second-class (2:1).
Applicants are supposed to have a clear personal statement to show their accomplishments. Read Also How to Write a Statement of Purpose (Sample)
The last date to apply for the University of Birmingham Scholarships 2021, United Kingdom is 31st July 2020
How to Apply for the Birmingham Scholarship
For the Scholarship to be considered. The applicants sent a proposal for their planned Master Programme. You have to apply through the Course Finder for your specific course.
All relevant supporting documents must be included in the application: references, transcripts, if appropriate, and English language certification, if applicable.
The Birmingham Masters must also be completed by applicants.
Not only do individuals who study in the UAE bring new experiences and perspectives with them, but they also communicate and share these ideas.
I knew that this was, of course, going to be reflected in the student body at UAE universities.
And as a person, there is no better way to grow than being in a community of diverse people.
In addition, faculty members teaching at UAE universities usually come from respected educational backgrounds with previous professional experience.
This post explores extensively the 3 core British Universities in Dubai and also their admission and scholarship information for your perusal.
You can connect with us today by subscribing to our newsletter, all you have to do is simply sign up with your e-mail to get more related and thrilling articles.