The DESW Scholarship is open for eligible 10th and 12th students who are included in the application criteria stated on this guide.
The reason the DESW Scholarship is tagged as the PM scholarship is that the scholarship was founded by the Prime Minister. Alternatively, you can also start learning how to apply for the Venkat Panchapaksan Memorial Scholarship for Indians.
The Scheme was introduced in 2006. Five thousand five hundred (5500) scholarships are being awarded annually under this scheme. Therefore, the prize of scholarships was Rs.2,000/- for boys and Rs.2,250/- for the girls per month and is paid annually.
This has now been increased to Rs.2,500/- per month for boys and Rs.3,000/- per month for girls w.e.f. FY 2019-20. The payment is made through ECS into the bank account of the selected students.
Arrangement for the for DESW Scholarship
With technology taking over the face of the universe, the school upgraded from a manual system to an online platform started from the Year 2016-17. This Scholarship is applicable for the students who have passed 10th or 12th, children of Ex-Serviceman (Military) who are determined to achieve their higher education.
Thus, this Desw Scholarship is specifically meant for 10th or 12th students. So if you are one of those categories, please kindly ensure to apply for the Scholarship.
Specifically, the candidates who have passed 12th with a minimum of 75% score will get a reward of INR 1000 per month under this Desw scholarship. Furthermore, Students who have scored 85% in Class 12th will get the INR 25,000 P/A under this program.
As a result, the Desw Scholarship has many schemes but we will mention the top 3 most preferable scholarship which will be listed below:
1. PM Scholarship for Ex-Serviceman (DESW)
2. Siksha Abhiyan Scholarship
3. National Merit Cum Means Scholarship
With this in mind, don’t just pass the links click on the links to know more about the scholarship schemes. Nevertheless, you don’t know which may work out for you.
Related Post: Venkat Panchapaksan Memorial Scholarship for Indians
Eligibility status for DESW Scholarship
Next students need to know their ground if they are qualified for a scholarship. Especially this type of scholarship, you must know your eligibility status.
Now stay with me, I will take you through what you have to possess to be qualified for the Desw Scholarship. Information lies below:
- Students should complete their Diploma/Graduation course in the year 2019-2020.
- The candidates must have passed class 12th or any Graduation or any Diploma course with least 60% imprints.
- Any understudy who is a reliant ward or a widow of Ex-Servicemen and Ex-Coast Guard staff who passed on in outfit or got incapacitated during the coast watchman administration or military administration can apply.
- The applicant who is certifiably not a regular citizen or grant of Para Military Personnel.
- Any understudy who isn’t getting any pay for an expert degree course.
- And the applicant who is seeking after examinations through just an ordinary, not a separation adapting course.
- Students should seek after Master’s Degree Courses aren’t qualified.
- Students studying abroad are not eligible.
- A Student who has secondary income Sources (job, part-time jobs, etc.) are not eligible.
According to the information provided by the www.deswgov.in official website…
Related Post: NTU India Connect Research Internship Programme for 2021
What are the necessary Documents Required for the Application?
- Copy of Ex-Servicemen /Ex-Coast Guard Certificate
- Self-attested certificate – 10th and 12th
- Birth Certificate
- PPO Copy self-attested
- Bank passbook front pages
- A cancellation cheque
What are the DESW Scholarship Rewards?
- The boys would receive Rs. 2500 per month
- The girls would receive Rs. 3000 per month
- Duration of the scholarship is 1-5 years
You can also visit these pages to access other scholarships designed for students in India and Indian students in the Diaspora.
Are you wondering about the courses offered under the Program?
Anyways, there are various courses packaged for students under this program and these courses will be listed below:
- B. Search Agriculture, Horticulture, Public Health, Neuro, Technology, Agro Marketing, Technology, Animation, Multimedia, Forensic Science, Mass Media, Computer Science, Electronics, Medical Lab Technology, Assistant, Operation theatre, Nursing
- B. Arch (Bachelor of Architecture)
- B.E (Bachelor of Engineering)
- BA (Bachelor of Arts)
- B. Com (Bachelor of Commerce)
- BJMC (Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication)
- BHM (Bachelor of Hotel Management)
- B.F.Sc. (Bachelor of Fisheries Science)
- B. Ed (Bachelor of Education)
- B. Voc. (Bachelor of Vocation) Food Processing
- BFA (Bachelor of Fine Arts)
- B. Des (Bachelor of Design)
- BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Where can I check the notification?
Stay updated and well-informed about the scholarship. Although, notifications and the date for application will be announced via the official website directed published here.
Related Post: Pm Modi scholarship for Indian student 2021
Do you Want to apply?
As at the time of creating this article, the application portal for the 2021 version of this Indian scholarship opportunity has not been made public. However, we encourage you to revisit the official website below, for updates and current directives: http://www.desw.gov.in/
To get recent updates on scholarships, jobs and other career opportunities you can also go back to our Homepage to subscribe free to the Email Newsletter. This will simply help opportunities locate you.