Confidently apply for the ongoing Dubai Golden Visa and secure space for yourself, family, and friends. The visa calls out for competent personnel with intellectual abilities in applying, with the aim of achieving rapid economical, technological growth in the country.
This was announced on Sunday by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the Prime Minister of the UAE and leader of Dubai.
You may also want to compare with this Complete Canadian Student Visa Requirements and Guides.
However, the Dubai Golden Visa which is also referred to as the UAE long-term visa has been dominating the trend on my many social media platforms in the country since the announcement gained ground.
The good news about this visa is the space it has given to investors and people from specific career path to apply for the 10-year long term UAE residency visa. Also, the visa comes with another package which only lasts for five solid years!
Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the current Prime Minister of the UAE made it explicit in this statement of the country’s intention to create an enabling environment for bringing in talented and skilled people from various fields.
This new development by the Dubai governing body has sparked up more interest from people around the world who have been waiting for the right time to relocate into the country.
Presently, the city is considered to be the next face of artificial intelligence and sophisticated technology because of how the government has invested so much in ensuring the city gains it stands in the world statistics.
And so far, the system hasn’t disappointed expectations. So if you fall in the categories of eligible groups for the visa, kindly follow up on the visa and apply Asap!
The decision was approved by the UAE Cabinet and aims to attract and sustain competent and talented personnel from various fields (another is scientific disciplines).
Irrevocably, the changes will take action starting from December 1, 2020. Golden Residency holders and their families will be offered ten-year residency visas.
One major purpose you should take note of on the new Golden Residency categories is the expansion of the program to further encourage innovation, creativity, and applied research.
This benefit is in addition to the ones residents enjoy in the country which are security, safety, health lifestyles, adventurous locations, etc.
This is a general overview of the Dubai Golden Visa requirements, the cost, eligible groups, and step-by-step application guides for immigrants who aspire for various careers in the United Arab Emirates.
If you are a student and have ever faced student visa denial, read these 3 Reason and How to Avoid it.
BENEFITS OF THE GOLDEN VISA
- It will allow individuals to stay in the country maximum of 10 years, and individuals with the visa get to renew it without difficulties.
- Since most people think of greener pasture whenever they read or hear about Dubai, the visa would be the best option you ever chose. Why? Because the visa allows you to create and own your work, secure a job, and do other major services with no obstruction.
- It’s a visa that depicts freedom. Here, you get to travel in and out whenever you want so far it’s still within the 5 years or 10 years authorized.
- With UAE Golden Visa, your family would also enjoy the benefit to come to pay you a visit or secure their personal Golden Residency Visa
If you an entrepreneur, you stand the 100% chance to have access to;
- A Five-year visa can be upgraded to an investors’ visa
- Five-year visa for dependents
- Six-month validity entry visa with permits for multiple travels, which can be extended by 6 months
- Five-year visa for three executive directors
Unfortunately, you aren’t a resident of the country nor a citizen of the country? Yes, I feel sad about that too because you are probably thinking you might not be qualified for such opportunities.
You may also need this: Types of UAE Visa: Cost and Career Opportunities
Good News! Business Gold Visa offers permanent residency to non-national and non-resident entrepreneurs from around the globe to set up their businesses in the UAE. It’s a 5-year visa that can be recycled or renewed.
But eligibility requirements applies for applicants. Check below for the eligibilities;
- Authenticate the entrepreneurial experience
- Hold/have held the majority shares in a startup and/or a senior leadership position in it
- Be willing to legally set up a business and relocate to UAE
- Have a business plan or ideas for their entrepreneurial venture in the UAE
Since the visa is referred to as golden, it should occur to you that the visa won’t be for general usage but for specific potential groups equipped with both the tangible and intangible skills to develop the country.
The eligible categories for the visa are;
PhD holders in the UAE
Top graduates from UAE-accredited universities with a GPA of 3.8 and above
- UAE-based physicians
- Engineers in these following fields;
- Computer science
Other categories granted UAE Golden Residency are specialists in;
- Artificial Intelligence
- Big data
INVESTORS AND ELIGIBILITY
As an investor, to be eligible for this visa, you must have crossed these following bridges;
- Public investments either through deposits or via a company amounting to no less than AED 10M
- Out of this total investment, more than 60% has to be in non-real estate assets. Reference
- The investor should hold full ownership of these assets. In the case of loaned/ mortgaged assets, he/she can prove that they reserve the rights of investments for three years as a minimum.
- The asset should not be embroiled in any claims or financial disputes
- Investor must be partnering in an on-going or new company with value that is not
But to successfully own this type of visa, there are DON’Ts you must be aware of and the conditions are;
- Amount invested must not be loaned
- Investment should be retained for at least three years
- There should be a financial solvency up to AED 10 million
Is there a permanent residency visa in the UAE?
Basically, the UAE doesn’t grant a Permanent visa to foreigners but in the case of the golden visa, you can still refer it to the permanent visa.
Why? Because it allows applicants to renew after 10 years and this will not be done once but as long as the country gets her benefits from your establishment.
The Major General said the visa would be renewed so long as residents continued to satisfy the terms and conditions under which they were granted the visa.
“After 10 years, [the visas] are continuous for another 10-year period every 10 years. According to the Maj Gen Mohammad Al-Marri (Director General of the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affair) there are medical insurance and other procedures that need to be done, however, without conditions.
SPECIALIZED PROFESSION AND ELIGIBILITY
This position must present qualified applicants with their specific roles and a valid work contract of where they specialize on. Specialists in this space include;
The requirements for specialized personnel and Conditions are explained below for applicants.
- Scientists must be accredited by Emirates Scientists Council or holders of the Mohammed Bin Rashid Medal for Scientific Excellence
- Creative individuals in culture and art must be accredited by Ministry of Culture and Knowledge Development
- Inventors must obtain a patent of value, which adds to the UAE’s economy. Patents must be approved by Ministry of Economy
- Exceptional talents must be documented by patents or a scientific research published in a world-class journal
- Executives must be owners of a leading and internationally recognized company or holders of a high academic achievement and position
DOCTORS and SPECIALISTS must meet at least two of the following conditions:
- Ph. D. degree from one of the top 500 universities in the world (refer to ICA for information)
- Award or certificates of appreciation in the field of the applicant’s work
- Contribution to major scientific research in the respective field of work
- Published articles or scientific books in distinguished publications in the respective field of work
- membership in an organization related to the field
- a Ph. D. degree, in addition to 10-year professional experience in his field
- Specialization in areas of priority to the UAE
Visit the official website and get equipped with more technical information on the amazing long term visa.
ENTREPRENEURS AND ELIGIBILITY
- Entrepreneurs should own a project worth at least AED 500k
- Have in possession accreditation certificates from the government
- Must provide a comprehensive health insurance document for themselves and their family.
OUTSTANDING STUDENTS AND ELIGIBILITY
- Students with a minimum of 95 per cent in secondary school with a distinction of 3.75 GPA upon graduation from any university
- Outstanding students will also be allowed to sponsor their families (spouse and children)
YEAR OF DURATION AND COST
The Visa has two major duration that lasts for 5 years and 10 years with the necessary information you should know.
The golden visa has different price tag;
The prices for the UAE golden visa is for 5 and 10 years is very affordable and made it easy for applicants eligible. Below are the prices of both long term durations;
- Five years; the cost of five-year visas is AED 650. This includes AED 150 for application and AED 500 for issuance
- 10 years; the total cost for the Dubai 10 year visa is AED 1,150. This includes AED 150 for application cost and AED 1000 for issuance
- After the last stage of applying for the visa, these are the general requirements that an applicant must be able to comply with;
- You will need to complete the requirements of the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship, which can take up to an additional thirty (30) days
- Currently, residing outside of the UAE? Then, expect to be given a six-month visa to enter the UAE, explore the opportunities, and settle. Then, during this period you will be required to convert your temporary visa into the residency permit
- If you are currently residing within the UAE, you will be given a temporary one-month visa and will be required to convert your temporary visa into a residency permit during this period
- In both cases, you can convert your (reference) one or six-month visas into the residency quickly and conveniently at SERVICES 1 in Emirates Towers, Dubai, United Arab Emirates; or, directly through the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship.
How to Apply
Applying for this Visa has been easy for you and you don’t have to go through many difficulties before getting yourself a golden visa.
Visit the highlighted link for more information on how to apply for the Dubai golden visa.
Dubai visa photo requirements (General photo requirements)
- The photograph must be of 45.0 mm x 35.0 mm dimensions
- The face must cover 70% of the photograph that is 32.0 mm x 36.0 mm
- Face orientation must be frontal
- Photo background must be white with no frames and shadows
- No hats, masks, allowed
For more information on the Visa, contact the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship the address below;
Email: [email protected]
Did you find the article interesting? or maybe helpful? Kindly visit the site and stay glued to getting more updates on Visas and Scholarship programs.
Also ensure to share on your social media platforms (FACEBOOK, Instagram and Twitter)