The Goodnight Scholarship is one that offers comfort to whoever achieves it. Having an academic dream is good but achieving it takes effort.
In this blog post, You will be guided on how to apply for the scholarship having in mind the necessary Eligibility and Required documents needed to guaranty you a smooth application and acceptance.
Before diving into the details about the Goodnight Scholarship, it is important we know what the origin and background information on the scholarship. This will help us sync our minds with the aim behind the scholarship program.
Carefully go through the post and note the necessary details needed. If you face any problems in your application you can contact the Jobreaders team and subscribe to our newsletter for more updates.
Related post: Google Scholarships for International Students in 2020
What is the Goodnight Scholarship Program & its Background?
The Goodnight Scholars Program started in 2008. It was funded by a gift from Dr. Jim and Ann Goodnight, which began with 25 scholars. Since then, it has grown into a comprehensive student development program designed to develop scholars into leaders within the STEM and/or education fields.
The Goodnight Scholarship Program provides a select group of transfer students with great tuition assistance per academic year which is renewable for up to three years.
The best part is that if you are a Prospective transfer student and wish to be considered for an invitation but do not get invited, you may nominate yourself for consideration.
Most scholarships have an aim and this spirit governs the ideology behind it. The spirit of the Goodnight Scholarship Program for transfer students is to support North Carolina community college students who are pursuing their first bachelor’s degree from a four-year university.
The scholarship is offered by the North Carolina State University, North Carolina, USA. It is ideal if you have plans to study in the USA to apply for the Goodnight Scholarship Program.
Related post: Google scholarship | How to apply?
The goals of the Scholarship program
- To develop essential skills and competencies necessary for academic and professional achievement.
- Encouraging commitment and persistence within STEM and STEM education disciplines.
- Developing influential and informed advocates for STEM and STEM education.
- To inspire active participation in leadership and group collaboration activities with practical application for future academic, social, and professional aspirations.
- To increase awareness and appreciation of civic responsibilities, social issues, and self in community.
- Cultivating global awareness and appreciation for the many cultures that comprise our intrinsically connected world.
- Establishing a strong personal and professional relationship with fellow Goodnight Scholars, NC State faculty/staff, NC State alumni, and STEM/STEM education professionals.
How to know if you are eligible for the Goodnight Scholarship Program?
Eligibility is what determines the success of any scholarship entry. To know if you are eligible carefully go through the eligibility requirements below:
- You need to indicate that your family income is less than $110,000 on the NC State application (confirmed via the FAFSA)
- It is compulsory that you must be a North Carolina resident
- You need to select a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) major or STEM education major.
- Gather data that Demonstrates a history of your exceptional academic performance.
- Additional criteria may be used to address critical needs in STEM and STEM education fields and encourage diversity and inclusion per the University’s strategic plan
- If you are amongst those who qualify as residents of North Carolina, as well as undocumented DACA students, are eligible to apply
- You must be a student who is living in North Carolina and will graduate from a North Carolina high school or community college to be eligible
- As a prospective student, you must enroll as a full-time student at NC State
- It is necessary that as a prospective student, that you check the list of eligible majors is available before applying
- It is necessary that you know how to communicate in English, as it is a language requirement for those studying in the United States of America
After going through the list of the Eligibility requirements you can move on to the next phase which is “how you will apply”.
Related post: Generation of Google Scholarship For USA And Canada
How much is the Scholarship worth?
The Goodnight Scholarship is valued at $20,500 per year for up to four years for traditional students and three years for transfer students.
How to Apply for the Goodnight Scholarship program?
This is the part that needs your full and undivided attention. Application processes can be tough, but here at Jobreaders we want to simplify the process for you.
Read thoroughly through the application process below.
- The online application is accessible via Pack ASSIST (which stands for- PACK A Student Scholarship Interactive Search tool). To receive an automatic invitation to apply, a student must submit the general NC State Prospective NC State students who wish to be considered for an invitation to apply may nominate themselves for consideration.
- Supporting Documents: First-year candidates for the Goodnight Scholars Program must submit their FAFSA by February 15th. Transfer candidates must submit their FAFSA by March 1st.
- Admission Requirements: All first-year and transfer Goodnight Scholars are required to enroll in GSP 250 for their first fall semester.
Here are some important tips to keep in mind when applying.
- Mark the start date and the deadline of the application
- Consistently check up on your application through their mediums of communication with you
- Ask questions. There is an Igbo proverb that states “the person who asks questions doesn’t miss the road on his journey”
- Stay updated through the communication mediums. You can do this by joining social groups of people going through the same application process as you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When should I start applying for the Goodnight Scholarship 2020/2021?
A: The application begins on December 1 for students who are already on the scholarship and wish to continue. New students need to get an admission into the North Carolina State University before applying.
Q: When is the deadline for applications?
A: There is no specified deadline. But those who finish their applications before February 15th are given first consideration when the selection process begins on February 16.
Q: What if I miss the deadline, will I still be considered?
A: Yes, you will be considered if you submit after February 15th but those who submitted before then will be selected first.
Q: Should I save my application as I work on it?
A: Yes. This is necessary because the system times out after 30 minutes of inactivity. So, it is important that you frequently click on the SAVE & KEEP EDITING during your application.
Q: After submission, can I still make changes to my work?
A: Yes you can by updating it.