Google has announced its $250 worth assistance to the World Health Organization (WHO), $200 million funds in support for NGOs and Financial institutions around the world, and other aids for other categories of students, in response to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
The $340 ads aid for midsize businesses all over the world is only a provision for businesses with an active ad account, as a credit for their online promotions. This is a huge package that is resulting from Google’s response to the Corona Virus outbreak that has held the world standstill. This news hit the internet on Friday when the Company’s CEO made the announcement to all the beneficiaries and the world at large.
“As the coronavirus outbreak continues to worsen around the world, it’s taking a devastating toll on lives and communities,” said Alphabet and Google CEO Sundar Pichai in a blog post-Friday. “To help address some of these challenges, today we’re announcing a new $800+ million commitment to support small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), health organizations and governments, and health workers on the frontline of this global pandemic.”
As part of the package, the company is also donating the following:
- A $200 million investment fund that will help NGOs and financial institutions provide small businesses with capital
- $250 million in advertising grants to help the World Health Organization and government agencies offer information on how to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- $20 million in Google Cloud credits for academic institutions and researchers
- Unspecified financial support to help increase production capacity for lifesaving equipment, including face masks and ventilators.
Sundar Pichai (The CEO of Google and Alphabets), on his twitter handle, also made this known on the 27th March.
We’re committing $800M+ in new #COVID19 response efforts, incl $340M in @GoogleAds credits for SMBs worldwide, $250M in ad grants for @WHO & 100+ govt orgs globally, a $200M investment fund for NGOs & banks to help small businesses access capital, and more https://t.co/oVj6MMs9Bl
— Sundar Pichai (@sundarpichai) March 27, 2020
The pronouncement by the technology giant is a follow-up response to other top brands that have declared and given out their relief packages to address economic damages caused by the ongoing pandemic. Recall that Apple, Salesforce, and Facebook has previously contributed their quota
The CEO added that employees from across Alphabet are “bringing engineering, supply chain, and healthcare expertise to facilitate increased production of ventilators, working with equipment manufacturers, distributors, and the government in this effort.”
To add to the beauty of this impact, Google announced on Friday that it has increased the gift match Google offers every employee annually to $10,000 from $7,500.
this relief package is only open for businesses with active ad account, that are affected by the outbreak of COVID-19. For the students’ category and others, it is recommended that you access the original blogsite and we mentioned in this content.
These actions will ensure clarity and prevent unreasonable expectations. However, we encourage one to share validated information as this; because of the mass that will be benefited.
- World Bank Young Professionals Program (WBG YPP) 2020 - June 2, 2020
- How to Pass FUTO Post UTME 2020/2021|Examination Details - May 31, 2020
- List of Documents Required to Study Abroad in Different Countries - May 28, 2020