Google’s Limelight Scholarship 2023 and education programs aim to inspire and help students become future leaders in computing and technology by breaking down the barriers that prevent them from entering these fields.
Google is partnering with Lime Connect to give scholarships to eligible students who are pursuing various degrees in computer science – this scholarship is tenable in the United States and in Canada.
You will find the details of the Application for the Google Lime scholarship and every necessary career detail in this post.
Related Post: 15 Best Universities in Canada without Application Fee (Start Now)
Note: Lime Connect is a nonprofit organization that supports students with disabilities while they pursue education and promising careers, to help university students with disabilities work toward their academic goals in the field of computer science.
Selected students will receive 10,000 USD (for those studying in the US) or 5,000 CAD (for those studying in Canada) for the 2023-2024 school year and will be invited to attend the Google Scholars’ Retreat in the summer.
Description of Google Limelight Scholarship
- Organization: Google, Inc.
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Bachelors, Masters, PhD
- Award: $10,000 for those studying in the US and $5,000 for those studying in Canada
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: U.S. or Canadian
- The award can be taken in the United States and Canada
Eligible Countries: Applications are open only for the United States and Canada
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be granted for undergraduate study in computer science, computer engineering, or a degree in a closely related technical field
- Admissible Criteria: Applicants must match the given criteria:
- A current undergraduate, graduate, or PhD student enrolled at a university in the U.S. or Canada (newcomers/first years and international students studying in the U.S. or Canada are eligible to apply)
- Continuing current studies or intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a new program (e.g., graduating and pursuing an advanced degree) at a university in the U.S. or Canada in the 2021-2021 academic year
- Pursuing a Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree, or a degree in a closely related technical field (such as software engineering; or electrical engineering with a heavy computer science course load)
Maintaining a strong academic performance
A student with a visible or invisible disability (defined as someone who has, or considers themselves to have, a long-term, or recurring, issue that impacts one or more major activities that others may find to be a daily function); this definition also includes the perception among others that a disability exists.
They know that 90% of limitations on campus are invisible, and candidates with all disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a commitment to and passion for computer science and technology
- Previous Google Lime Scholars are unfortunately not able to be considered
- This grant is not open to current high school students.
These documents are very important and if any of them are missing, your scholarship application will be in jeopardy:
- Current resume & unofficial transcripts
- Four essays – this is your opportunity to show us your passion for computer science
- One letter of recommendation from professors, advisers, or supervisors (names and email addresses of references must be entered by the application deadline – letters of recommendation themselves are due one week later)
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must submit an online application to win this educational award.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants are in need to submit one letter of reference, resume, transcript(s), and four short answer responses on your passion for computer science
- Entry Requirements: Applicants must be a current undergraduate, graduate, or Ph.D. student studying at a university in the U.S. or Canada
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have excellent proficiency in the English language (Reading, writing, speaking)
- Nominated scholars will also be called to join the annual Google Scholars’ Retreat at the Googleplex in Mountain View, California, in Summer 2023.
- Aspirants will also be considered for software engineering internship opportunities with Google.
- Grants will be granted based on candidates’ strength, academic background, and a demonstrated hunger for computer science.
- Based on tuition costs, a $10,000 award is available for those learning in the US and a $5,000 grant for those studying in Canada.
Securing a placement (job or scholarship opportunity) with Google might be one of the most admired career ambitions that anyone can nurse; but what happens when you learn profitable skills that fund your career.
Affiliate marketing, blogging, website development, email marketing and a number of high in-demand skills and services can help anyone create and grow wealth from anywhere in the world.
This is where Jobreaders.org comes to your aid, our goal is to create and distribute high-quality knowledge products to help you grow your business, earn a living working from anywhere in the world; and have the career of your dream.
You can also check out our popular courses and educational materials here; you stand encouraged to start learning new skills – become more relevant to land your dream jobs.
Related Opportunity: Get All Grow with Google Scholarships this Year
This scholarship opportunity is open for disabled students and those that studied any computer-related course in the U.S or Canada, this Google Limelight scholarship 2023 will go a long way in helping you achieve your dreams.
Visit the official website for more details: https://buildyourfuture.withgoogle.com/scholarships/
Note: The Google Limelight scholarship is a yearly program – and this guide has existed for several years, helping students and other eligible candidates apply for scholarships and internship opportunities at Google.
If you find any phrase or part of this content that do not align with the subject matter, do well to leave us a comment. However, at any point you gate value from this blog, do well to share. This way, you will be helping others get opportunities that can shape destinies.
Valentine Nnanyere is the founder and lead instructor at Jobreaders.org, an e-Learning community that focuses on technology, profitable skills, and high-quality knowledge sharing. Nnanyere is a digital marketing consultant, website/software developer, and new media advertiser with an undiluted interest in spreading high-income knowledge and career opportunities. For business, inquiries, support and partnership, kindly mail [email protected]