This article will help you to support your education by applying for the 2020-2021 DVC Scholarships at Diablo Valley College in the United States.
These program is open to all students who have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 and going to enroll in at least 6 units at DVC for both the fall 2019 and spring 2020 semesters.
Officially started in 1949, Diablo Valley College (DVC) is one of the publicly supported two-year community colleges in the Contra Costa Community College District.
Why at Diablo Valley College?
DVC is one of the best ways you can accept a four-year college. DVC is not only known as one of the best community colleges in California, but it also leads the state to move to four-year institutions.
The DVC Foundation offers numerous scholarships funded through donations from alumni, faculty, staff, and friends of DVC. The online DVC Scholarship Application is currently closed. The 2020-2021 application will open on October 30, 2020. Review the information below to learn more about the DVC scholarship application process.
- You must be enrolled in at least 6 units at DVC for both the fall 2019 and spring 2020 semesters and must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0.
- You do not need to wait until you have registered for the spring 2020 semester to start the application process.
- The additional criteria for each scholarship varies and may include financial need, declaration of a particular major, community service, and/or other requirements.
Scholarship award notifications will be emailed to recipients by the end of April each year. The email will provide details of the scholarship award, including the name of the scholarship, the amount of the award, and information regarding disbursement. Applicants who are not selected to receive a scholarship are also notified by the end of April.
The online DVC Scholarship Application is currently closed. The 2020-2021 application will open on October 30, 2020.
- University or Organization: Diablo Valley College (DVC)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: College program
- Award: Multiple $500 to $20,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: US citizen
- The award will also be taken in the United States
DVC students may apply through the online DVC Scholarship Application portal when the 2020-2021 online DVC Scholarship Application opens on Friday, October 30, 2020.
The scholarship opportunities are listed on the application homepage, and you will be able to apply for all DVC scholarships with a single online application.
You are not required to select individual scholarships for which you would like to receive consideration, as the auto-match feature of the application will automatically match your application to the scholarships for which you meet the minimum criteria.
Additional application requirement:
Applicants must upload their unofficial DVC transcript as part of the application process.
- Unofficial DVC transcripts are accessible via InSite Portal.
- Instructions for accessing your unofficial DVC transcript are provided in the application.
You must write a 500-word essay in which you will be asked to:
- Discuss your educational and career goals
- Provide information about your financial need
- Discuss your campus involvement
- Provide any examples of community service and/or leadership
- Highlight any other strengths which you feel make you a strong candidate for a scholarship
- Consider including information about special or unique circumstances and/or examples of life-changing experiences
You must secure two references.
- At least one reference must be from a DVC faculty member (DVC academic course instructor or DVC academic counselor).
- The second reference can be from another individual who knows you professionally or academically (a second DVC faculty member, a DVC staff member, a supervisor, a high school teacher/counselor, a community leader/member, etc.). Recommendation forms submitted by family members, relatives, or friends will not be considered.
- Your recommenders should be able to highlight your academic performance, leadership abilities, community service activities, and/or other strengths/attributes which they feel make you a strong candidate for a scholarship.
- In the application, you will be prompted to provide the email addresses of your recommenders so that they can receive instructions by email for submitting the recommendation forms through the Online DVC Scholarship Application portal. Please ask your recommenders to serve as references and obtain their permission prior to entering their email addresses in your scholarship application. After you have entered the email addresses of your recommenders in the online application, the system will automatically send them your request with a link to submit the recommendation form.
- You can log in to your application and click on the “References” tab to confirm that your recommenders have submitted their recommendation forms.
- The DVC Scholarship Committee recommends that DVC faculty and staff complete a recommendation form for no more than three DVC scholarship applicants. If more than three recommendations are being submitted, the DVC Scholarship Committee suggests that recommenders do their best to differentiate them.
Scholarship award notifications will be emailed to recipients by the first week in May each year. The email will provide details of the scholarship award, including the name of the scholarship, the amount of the award, and information regarding disbursement. Applicants who are not selected to receive a scholarship are also notified by the first week in May.
All the necessary requirement for a student to apply for the DVC scholarship are all stated above. Interested applicants are expected to apply. We will continue to give you updates concerning other scholarship opportunities, helping you to achieve your dreams at any school of your choice.
Other Related Topics : https://jobreaders.org/tag/scholarships-in-usa/