This is a comprehensive article on how to apply for the Obama foundation scholarship 2020/2021.
The Obama Foundation Scholarship at Columbia University will participate in Columbia World Projects, an initiative that mobilizes the university’s researchers and scholars to work with governments, organizations, businesses, and communities to create tangible solutions to real-world issues.
How to apply for The Obama Foundation Scholarship Program will give rising young leaders around the world who are already making a difference in their communities the opportunity to take their work to the next level through a newly designed curriculum that brings together academic, skills-based, and hands-on learning.
The Scholarship Program empowers individuals with a proven commitment to service with the tools they need to make their efforts more effective, to identify innovative solutions to complex global problems, and promote change through values-based leadership.
The Obama foundation scholarship program will build lasting relationships among emerging leaders who are committed to working together to solve the most pressing challenges of our time, creating a global network that spreads across issues and borders.
After completing the program, the Obama Foundation Scholars will return to work on their global issue of focus and continue the important work they started in the program by implementing their personalized action plan to accelerate positive change within their community. They will also have an opportunity to play a role in the Obama Foundation’s efforts to inspire, train, and connect rising leaders from around the globe.
About Obama Foundation Scholarship
How to apply for The Obama Foundation Scholarship is an initiative of the former president of the USA, Barack Obama. The major aim of this program is to support energetic, collaborative, and rising leaders from around the world through an innovative one-year academic and leadership experience.
Presently, the Obama Scholarship Program holds at only two institutions in the USA– Columbia University, and the University of Chicago.
When was the Obama Foundation founded?
The Obama Foundation Scholarship started in January, 2014
What does the Obama Scholarship cover?
The Obama Foundation Scholarship Program covers monthly stipends, studio apartment, health and medical insurance, flight ticket to and from your home country, and free leadership development programs.
Why apply to Obama foundation Scholarship Program?
If you are a leader and are passionate about making a difference in your community, and you are looking for an opportunity to take your work to the next level to make an impact in the world, then you should apply for the Obama Foundation Scholarship Program.
Who can apply for the Obama Foundation Scholars Program?
The Obama Foundation Scholarship Program seeks a diverse cohort that represents a cross-section of backgrounds including those working in government, the private sector, and NGOs, and civil society organizations. Please check back for more information on the application for the 2021-2022 Columbia University Scholarship program.
The Columbia University Obama Foundation Scholarship Program seeks rising leaders from around the world to meet the following criteria:
- Have a proven commitment to service and leadership within a community, region, or country outside the United States, coupled with a demonstrated commitment to return to these communities following their completion of the Program and apply their enhanced training, skills, and connections on a long-term basis for the benefit of these communities going forward.
- Are emerging leaders who have made meaningful contributions to their field and are now at a “tipping point” (career).
- Are fluent in English (verbal and written).
- Have the ability and inclination to positively shape the future of their community.
- Have a demonstrated commitment to humility, integrity, inclusivity, stewardship, fearlessness, imagination, and teamwork.
You can find more information on Columbia University Obama
Visit the Official Website: https://worldprojects.columbia.edu/about-obama-foundation-scholars-program
How does the Obama Foundation Scholars Program differ from the Obama Foundation Fellowship Program?
These programs are both parts of the Obama Foundation Scholarship goal of inspiring and empowering emerging leaders from around the world but offer different paths for participants so they can tailor their Foundation experience to their unique situation.
The Obama Foundation Scholarship is a one-year, full-time program and participants will live in New York for the duration of the academic year. Given the COVID-19 pandemic and ongoing safety precautions around international travel, the program will commence virtually during the 2020-21 fall semester.
The Obama Foundation Fellowship is a two-year, non-residential program that offers hands-on training, resources, and leadership to community-minded rising stars from around the world. Throughout their program, Fellows participate in four multi-day gatherings and digital programming which empowers them to tackle the problems they face in their communities in different and innovative ways.
If you’ve ever imagined becoming an Obama Scholar, the time is now! The application for the 2020-2021 Obama Foundation Scholarship Program at Columbia University, New York, USA is now open. This program seeks for and sponsors rising leaders from all over the world for a fully-funded leadership program at Columbia University for a year.
Scholars from every part of the world have an equal opportunity to join like minds in the 2020-2021 Obama Scholar Program at Columbia University. However, you must meet the eligibility requirements and submit your application before the deadline.
In this post, we will review the detailed application requirements for the Obama Scholars Program at Columbia University. We will also guide you on how to apply for the program before the application deadline.
About Obama Scholarship Program Columbia University
The Obama Foundation Scholarship program also takes advantage of the unique opportunities for engagement that come with being at one of the world’s most important centers of research and in the city of New York.
In addition to classroom activities, the Obama Foundation Scholarship will offer a robust program of leadership development throughout the academic year to help both cohorts of Scholars gain the real-world skills, networks, tools, and experiences to expand the impact of their work when they return home.
Obama Scholarship Program University of Chicago.
Applications are invited for the Obama Foundation Scholarship Program at the University of Chicago. This program provides emerging leaders from around the world who will earn a Master of Arts degree focused on International Development and Policy at the University Of Chicago Harris School Of Public Policy.
The Obama Foundation Scholarship and the University of Chicago Harris School of Public Policy share a goal of ensuring that talented young people from around the world can build the skills they need to advance their work as active citizens and to make a real impact in their communities.
The University Of Chicago Harris School Of Public Policy also referred to as “Harris Public Policy,” is the public policy school of the University of Chicago in Chicago, Illinois, United States.
The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Course Level:
The studentships are available for pursuing a Master of Arts degree program.
- Study Subject:
The studentships are awarded in the field of International Development and Policy.
The Obama Foundation Scholarship Program offers an extraordinary scholarship that covers tuition and expenses and provides a monthly living stipend, funding for books and course materials, and opportunities to experience unique out-of-the-classroom programming. Any travel costs for these experiences will also be fully covered.
Eligibility Requirement for the Obama Foundation Scholarship:
Of course, not everyone is eligible to participate and benefit from the 2020 Obama Foundation Scholarship Program at Columbia University.
To be eligible for the Obama Foundation Scholarship program, you must be a rising leader from anywhere in the world as well as meet the following requirements:
- Have a proven commitment to service and leadership within a community, region, or country outside the United States. You must also be desirous of returning to your community following the completion of the program. You will then apply your enhanced training, skills, and connections on a long-term basis for the benefit of your community.
- Are an emerging leader who has made a meaningful contribution to your field and is now at a stage in your careers where small changes can create a huge impact.
- Fluent in verbal, written, and spoken English
- Possess the ability and inclination to positively shape the future of your community, and
- Have the ability and inclination to positively shape the future of your community.
Applicants from around the world are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements for the Obama Foundation Scholarship:
University is seeking emerging leaders from around the world who meet the following criteria:
Significant work experience (typically 3-5 years or more) and professional accomplishments with a clear trajectory of increasing impact.
Demonstrated record of community service or working for the public good, either through a full-time professional role or significant engagement outside of primary employment.
Possess a clear focus on a global challenge or policy issue.
A clear commitment to return to and reinvest your new skills in your community after the program concludes.
If that sounds like you, then you have the opportunity to participate in the Obama Foundation Scholars Program.
You’ll earn a Master of Arts in International Development and Policy (MA-IDP) at Harris Public Policy and receive a fully-funded position that includes access to exceptional programming outside of the classroom.
English Language Requirements:
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores are required for international students. The Harris institution code is 1849 or 1832. Both codes will be accepted.
You can make your reservations to take the TOEFL with ETS directly. You will also have the option of submitting other scores (e.g., IELTS, GRE, etc.), but the GRE is not required.
All applicants must complete the online application and include the following, which are required to apply for the Harris MA-IDP and participation in the Obama Foundation Scholars Program:
- Transcripts: You may submit unofficial transcripts through the electronic application process; however, official transcripts will be required upon admission for enrolling students. Please submit transcripts for all prior academic work from any institution of higher education.
- Test Scores: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores are required for international students. The Harris institution code is 1849 or 1832. Both codes will be accepted. You can make your reservations to take the TOEFL with ETS directly. You will also have the option of submitting other scores (e.g., IELTS, GRE, etc.), but the GRE is not required.
- Work Experience: Please include current and prior positions, preferably demonstrating 3–5 or more years of work experience, the nature of your job, and responsibilities. You may upload a current resume reflecting this information along with your education, community service, professional honors, and any other relevant information.
- Letters of Recommendation: University will prefer to have at least one reference from a previous professor who can speak to your academic background and preparedness for graduate studies. Those making a recommendation should submit letters through the electronic application—hard copy letters will be accepted but are not preferred. (Your references will receive an email requesting a recommendation.)
- Short Essay Responses: Tell us about your current work (which may be your paid employment or your significant volunteer activity). In answering, please describe the concrete impact – however you define impact – your current work is having. Why have you chosen this work? What are the challenges you have faced in this work and how have you sought to overcome them? (400 words or fewer); what impact do you want to have on the world? How would becoming an Obama Foundation Scholar help you achieve this? What do you plan to do after the Obama Foundation Scholars Program? What will you do if you are not selected? (300 words or fewer)
Level/Field of Study
Related Post: Best Buy Scholarship 2020 Worth $1000 Full Details
The Obama Foundation Scholarship Program 2020 is available to working graduates from around the world. Also, the program is open to individuals pursuing a career in any field of study.
The Obama Foundation Scholarship Program takes place at Columbia University in New York, United State of America.
The 2020-2021 Columbia World Project of the Obama Scholarship Foundation is open to all races and nationalities. You can apply for the scholarship whether you’re an international or domestic student.
The Obama Foundation Scholarship Worth
If your application to the Obama Foundation Scholarship Program at Columbia University is successful and the foundation selects you to participate, you’ll enjoy the following benefits:
- A monthly stipend to assist with your cost of living in New York City
- Furnished studio apartment within walking distance of Columbia University
- All tuition and fees for up to four courses at Columbia University
- Basic medical, dental, and life insurance for the lifespan of the program
- Air ticket to and from home country and any program-related activities.
- Leadership development programming led by the Obama Foundation that will help you gain the real-world skills, tools, and experiences to expand the impact of your work when you return home.
How to Apply for the Obama Foundation Scholarship
You can only complete your application for the 2020-2021 Obama Foundation Scholarship Program at Columbia University using the online application form.
Below is a comprehensive instruction on submitting your Obama Scholars Program application.
- Fill the Online Application Form
Click on the “START APPLICATION” button below to access the Obama Scholars Program, Columbia University online application form. You will have to create an account with the Obama Foundation Scholarship, or log in to the portal if you’re an old user, to begin your online application.
- Provide Resume/Curriculum Vitae
To complete the application form, you must provide a CV. Please ensure that your CV/Resume is a chronological listing of your employment and academic history, and other significant activities, including any awards, publications, or other achievements․ To complete the application form, you must provide a CV.
- Make and Upload a Personal Video Statement
You will make a personal video statement which should not be longer than five minutes. In the video, you are to introduce yourself and your work to the selection committee. Furthermore, you will upload this video to hosting services like Video and YouTube and then include a link to the video in your online application.
- Respond to the Short Essay Questions
The selection committee requires you to answer all the short essay questions on the application form. This will help them understand your work, your motivation, and how the program fits into your career flight.
- Prove your English Proficiency
If you are not a native English speaker, you will have to prove your English Language proficiency to the selection committee. Meanwhile, you can do this only through the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL); the International English Language Testing System (IELTS); or the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic).
However, the committee will waive this requirement for you if you have completed a Bachelor’s degree in a country where English is the Official Language.
English proficiency proof will also be waived for you if you have taken any of the above-listed tests in the last five years and scored above 100 in TOEFL-IBT, 600 in TOEFL-PBT, 7.0 in IELTS, or 68 in PTE Academic.
You will upload a scanned copy of your score to the online application if you will be using this waiver.
- Provide Three Letters of Recommendation
You will also submit three letters of recommendation that are not written by any of your family members. These letters should be written by individuals who are familiar with you and your work in an academic, professional, or community service setting.
Furthermore, the letters should directly address your suitability for admission to the Obama Foundation Scholarship Program.
- Review and Submit Application
Double-check to ensure that you fill in the right information and uploaded the correct document before submitting your application.
The deadline for applying for the 2020-2021 Obama Foundation Scholarship Program at Columbia University is December 13, 2019; on or before noon EST.
Meanwhile, we encourage you to apply long before the deadline date.
To learn more about The Obama Foundation Scholarship Program 2020, visit the scholarship website below:
Visit the Official Website: https://worldprojects.columbia.edu/about-obama-foundation-scholars-program
How to Apply for The Obama Foundation Scholarship Program 2020-2021 at Columbia University, USA is your chance to upgrade your leadership skills. This scholarship program will also allow you to network with future leaders from other parts of the world.
You will develop a strategy with them to create an impactful solution to a global challenge and then implement your work within your community. If you envision yourself a Change Agent and you meet the eligibility requirements, then apply today for this scholars program.