Getting a Certificate, applying for a visa, education loan, employment, or any other opportunities, the first document that comes to mind you will require is a Bonafide Student certificate.
Do you want to know about it? Bonafide Certificates are gotten by applying. This is by writing a letter with a format. Bonafide Certificate is an important document. It must not be found missing in your file. Also, it tells you about your personality. It tells about your roles and what you do.
What is the Bonafide Certificate?
A bonafide Certificate is an evidence document. It is issued to show that you are a member of a particular institute. Also, it’s issued to show that you’re a member of a particular organization. Also, it shows that you are a student at a particular school. And that you run a course in an institution during a specified time. Also, it shows the authenticity of your identity.
What is the use of a Bonafide Certificate?
Since the bonafide certificate acts as proof of being part of an organization, it is usually demanded in the following cases:
A student seeking to obtain student concessions offered by public transport agencies such as city buses, local trains, and metros may be required to produce this certificate while applying for the concession.
The certificate may also be required while applying for a passport.
Visa applications sometimes require this certificate especially in cases where a separate student visa is issued to students who are studying abroad or where a work visa is issued to an employee of a company.
Certain lending institutions offer loans to students at concessional rates. The student may be required to produce this certificate to receive this benefit.
The documents produced before various traffic authorities to apply for a driving license may include a bonafide certificate as additional ID proof.
Certain conferences, seminars, or other such events are conducted exclusively for students/employees, and entry to such events may be granted on the production of this certificate.
To apply for various student scholarships.
Corporates may have tie-ups with businesses to provide additional perquisites. For example, a company may have a tie-up with a taxi service to provide a concession for their employees.
The employees may prove their eligibility with the help of this certificate.
The bonafide certificate includes information like your full name, school or college name, entrance number, and the class in which the student is currently studying. The bonafide certificate issued to a person shall be only in the letterhead of the institution/school/company and should be duly signed and sealed. This certificate issued is valid only for three months.
Purpose of Bonafide Certificate
- To obtain the pass of public transport agencies such as city buses, metros, and local trains.
- It may also be required while applying for a passport.
- This certificate requires when a separate student visa is issued to a student who is studying abroad.
- To attend a seminar, conference, or another such event, students or employees required this certificate.
- It required while applying for a pan card, and voter id card.
- To apply for various student’s scholarships and to take a loan from a bank.
How to Write Application Letter for Bonafide Certificate
Many students who wish to apply for Bonafide Certificate from College for their respective scholarships, often ask this question ” how to write an application letter for a bonafide certificate from college for scholarship”. The truth is that it is very much important to learn how to structure your application letter for any Bonafide Certificate.
For instance, if you are studying Medicine in College and you desire to get a Bonafide Certificate from your principal. You can now get it all done now. Because we will be showing you the application method on how to write this Bonafide Certificate application for college for your scholarship.
Hence, to get a Bonafide certificate for Scholarship from college, you need to write an application to the school. And you can do this through the principal of the school.
Quickly scroll down to see the application format for this request letter from the school.
Note, While every college may have its format for the certificate, it will contain particulars such as the college name printed on the letterhead, date of issuing, details of the student to whom it is issued, and signature by the head of the institution.
Bonafide Student Certificate
As a student, to acquire the Bonafide certificate, the individual has to apply to the head of the institution with a handwritten letter. This means they have to write an application letter. And this letter is simply a request letter to the concerned person of the company for applying for a certificate.
Note that in some institutions students will have to submit an application in a prescribed format to the institution. In the case of the first year and direct second-year students, they need to attach their leaving certificate of earlier college along with the application form.
Content of Bonafide Student Certificate
Bonafide student certificate usually includes the name of the school, information of students, and the entrance number, the class in which the student is currently studying in case of students.
However, the contents of the letter may include name, address, documents attached, the reason for seeking certification, and necessary personal details. The letterhead of the institution/school/company and should be duly signed and sealed.
When applying for a fresh passport, then this certificate is an important document to be submitted. However, if the original mark sheet of class X is available, then there is no requirement for this certificate.
Certain documents are required when applying, especially your photo ID proof, applicable Application form, and receipt of the fees. basically, for the Bonafide Students Certificate, they need:
- Application Form
- Fee Receipt (this fee receipt is from the fee paid at the counter while submitting application form)
- Photocopy of ID card
- And also the letter is to be addressed to the head of the institution or the concerned person.
Format of the Certificate
1. It is certified that Mr. /Ms. _______________________________________ , Son/Daughter of _______________________________is a Bonafide student of _____________________________ __________________________________ College (Name of the College). His / Her roll number is ______________ and he / she is studying in the _______________ (Name of Course)____________ (Name of Semester) . He / she has joined this College in the Academic Year _______________ .
2. This is also certified that _________________________________ (Name of the College) is a Govt./ Provincialised College in the State of Assam.
3. This is also certified that the student is not availing any other assistance in the form of scholarship or sponsorship from Govt. of Assam/ Govt. of India or any other Organization.
College Seal Signature of Principal / Dean (Rubber Stamp of signing authority will be affixed)
Date ______________ Place ______________