Secure your space with the Faculty of Medicine at Cairo University which has been established to be a special block on its own. The faculty was said to have been discovered in 1827. It comprises about 35 sections in different medical specializations.
The number of study years of the faculty is six years as well as the training year, concession period. English is the language of study.
The faculty grants Bachelor, Post-Graduate Diploma, Master, and Doctorate degrees. Cairo University is a public higher education institution located in Egypt.
Cairo University has always dedicated its energy and commitment to preparing students for the challenges of a rapidly changing workplace.
The institution adopts an interactive learning technique to enable graduates to apply their skills in today’s technological markets.
Goals Faculty of Medicine Cairo University Egypt
- Raise the efficiency of the educational process altogether
- Develop the system of postgraduate and support scientific research
- The development of community service and work to achieve community satisfaction
- Improve the institutional capacity of the College
The University rankings
- One of the best universities in Egypt
- Ranking 476 worldwide
- 300 among the best in the quality of education
Ensuring to graduate quality physicians capable of implementing various levels of health care practices, following medical ethics, and ready for continuing professional development.
To train specialized physicians to conduct advanced scientific research, apply updated technologies, and follow national and international medical standards.
Establish an environment that cares for the development of the competitive edge of human resources, serve the community, and share in solving national health problems.
The institution has 17 faculties targeted at assisting the students to achieve their academic goals. However, all the departments are accredited and recognized in the country.
Check below for the list of faculties in the university:
- Oral and Dental Medicine
- Veterinary Medicine
- Mass Communication
- Specialized Education
- Economics and Political Science
- Computers and Information System
Documents required for MBBS Admission:
- 10th and 12th mark-sheet color scan copies
- Passport size photograph with white background
- Birth certificate of the student along with 10th and 12th school certificate and college name
- Student and his parents Aadhar Card
- Make provisions for two mobile numbers (personal and home number)
- Attach photographs
- Colored scanned copies of original documents
Admission Procedure: MBBS in Egypt
- Fill the online application form along with all the necessary documents
- Get verified after which you will receive detailed information
- Here, students would know if their admission process is completed or not
- Apply for visa
- If the Visa application is successful, then what are you waiting for!? EGYPT!!!!!
General admission process for Undergraduates
- Students with the highest secondary school grades are admitted through the admission office of the Ministry of Higher Education.
- Placement aptitude or achievement examination aren’t required
- Applicants with the highest grades in the Egyptian National Secondary schools certificate “Thanawiya Amma” are highly considered
- Other National secondary school certificates, as well as International (i.e. GCSE, IGCSE, etc.), are also accepted through the admission office
- Geographical distribution, Good Health & reputation are also considered
- Fees for the Egyptian students are 138 L.E. for newcomers and 110 LE per year thereafter
General admission process for Transfer Students:
- Transference between Faculties is done centrally at the Cairo University
- Priority is given to students with the highest Grades
- Only “Excellent” and “very good” grades are accepted
- Applicants have to apply for Admission within the first month of the academic year.
- The work & residence of the student’s father should be in Cairo
- Transference from Universities located in the greater Cairo area and of different learning programs (e.g.: Suez-Canal University) are not allowed
- Transference after the completion of the clinical-stage (fourth grade) is not allowed
- The number of transferred students should not exceed 5% of the registered students of each year
General requirements for Foreign Students
- An equivalent certificate of the latest academic qualification awarded by the Supreme Council of Universities in Egypt.
- A letter of candidacy
- One copy of the student’s passport that is valid for one whole year.
- A document which proves that the student does not have AIDS, before seeking admission or registration.
- An Excellence Certificate valid for one year (for medicine students)
- Filing in 3 data forms at the desired faculty
- Four personal photos
- The grades of the four-year bachelor
- A diploma or pre-master certificate
Note: All documents is to be kept inside a file folder!
General requirements for local students (Egyptians)
- The temporary bachelor’s certificate with the grade required for applying for Diplomas or Master degrees.
- The temporary Master Certificate with the required grade (for PhD applicants)
- A score report of the four-year bachelor.
- A birth certificate or an official copy of it.
- A copy of the National ID Card
- Six personal (4*6) photos
- Approval of the student’s workplace that he/she can enroll for postgraduate studies.
- If the student is a civil servant, he/she has to have approval of his/her workplace that he/she can give all his/her time to studies if necessary (or according to the faculty bylaws
- The Military Status Certificate (postponed / temporarily exempted / finally exempted)
- The Armed Forces approval in the case of conscripted students
- The Officers Affairs Departments approval if the student is a military officer or a police officer
The university is affordable for both the low earners and high earners. The tuition fee for the institution is $1000.
You see!? It’s very affordable and also, the institution comes with different kinds of scholarships
Cairo University has affordable bachelor’s programs that cost less than 1,000 USD/year. In order to obtain a master’s degree, the student must spend about 1,000 USD per year
Procedures for admission of students to the university
Students should offer the application prepared for that which include:
- Academic case data accredited from the university for student
- Ensuring the payment of accommodation fees approved by the guarantor that works out
- Certificate from Social Assurance Bureau of the original home of the student
Sports Activities at Cairo University
The sports in which they take part are:
- Table tennis
Don’t you think joining one of the sports will be a good idea?
How many years does it take to study medicine in Egypt?
Doctors in Egypt will complete their basic medical-education course work in five years and then will get two years of clinical training, making it a total of seven years.
For more inquiries, please comment below because we dedicate this platform for you alone… I wish you good luck
Related Post: Top Scholarship Opportunities for African Students|2020
Address Faculty of Medicine Cairo University Address
Kasr Al Ainy St. Cairo, Egypt
Post Code: 11562
Faculty Website: www.med.cu.edu.eg www.kasralainy.cu.edu.eg
Dean’s office: [email protected]
Student Affairs office: [email protected]
Administration: [email protected]
Did you find the post informative? If yes, kindly share via your social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, and IG)
Also, to receive more explicit information on new scholarship alerts, sign up through this link.