How to get admissions into the faculty of engineering Ain Shams University lies in the Preparation of distinguished undergraduates students who are willing to keep pace in diverse fields of global technologies.
Fulfilling the demands of local and international markets, as well as the opportunity to undertake science and applied research.
By establishing satisfactory conditions for members of the faculty and their assistants and students.
In the sense of engineering research and design, the faculty educates students on basic ideas, critical thought, technological knowledge, and ethical values.
And to provide specialized undergraduate and graduate study and continuing education training services, and the establishment of advisory centers and research laboratories.
This requires a sophisticated contribution to the service of society and to its needs.
To be one of the best colleges recognized for their geographic and international leadership in engineering education.
Meeting the needs of the city and contributing to environmental growth through interdisciplinary and unique academic programs.
In 1950, Ain Shams University was founded and was based in Egypt. The university has seven campus sites and offers both undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
The Ibrahim Pasha’s University which happens to be the third-oldest non-sectarian native public Egyptian university (former Islamic universities such as Al-Azhar and private schools such as the American University in Cairo are older).
A former royal palace, called the Zafarana Palace, used to be its site.
Cairo University (formerly Fuad I University) and Alexandria University (formerly Farouk I University) are the two former universities of this kind.
Ain Shams University had a variety of colleges and academic institutes when it was first founded, which were later transformed into a university.
The institutional composition of the university comprises of 14 universities, 1 kindergarten, and 2 middle schools, plus 12 centers and special units.
In Alabassya four are found, two in Heliopolis and one in Shubra Elkheima.
The University of Ain Shams focuses on integrating theoretical and practical skills and on enhancing regional and international collaboration between scientific research centers.
In many fields of study, Ain Shams University (ASU) includes courses and programs leading to formally recognized higher education degrees, such as bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, and doctoral degrees.
ASU also provides students with a range of academic and non-academic resources, including a library, as well as administrative services.
Why study at the University of Ain Shams?
- Research at one of the best universities in the country (QS ranked 14; Times Higher Education 33).
- Different services, unique and rating faculties.
- Concurrent programs in Engineering and Business schools.
- Access to the Information Bank of Egypt (EKB).
- Relations and alliances with many top-ranking universities across the globe.
- Extremely competent students and workers.
- Experience life and community in one of the world’s oldest cities, Cairo.
Related Post : Advanced Programs in Cairo University Faculty of Engineering
Address: El-Khalyfa El-Ma’moun, Abbasya Lane,
11566 from Cairo
Tel +20 (2) 683 12311 1231
Fax to +20 (2) 685 9251
Dimension and Profile
15,000-19,999 College Registration
Academic personnel-Not mentioned
Form of Control- Public
Form of Entity-Non Profit
Continuous School Schedule
Facilities and Amenities
Library-Yes, Go to the Library of Ain Shams University
Sport Facilities-Not known
Financial Aids-Not registered
Abroad Study-Not mentioned
Distance Learning-Not known
Academic Counseling-Not notified
Career services-Not told
Institutional Hospital-Unreported not
Admissions from University
Men and Woman (coed) Gender
International Students- Yes, international candidates are welcome to apply for entry.
Level of Admission-Not mentioned
Related Post :
Ain Shams University is ranked third in Egypt, 25th in the Arab World and 15th in Africa, according to the 2014 Webometrics World Universities rankings (aimed at encouraging web publishing, not rating institutions).
Agency of Admission
it will be very important to know that the admission policy and the rate of acceptance may differ by field of study, level of degree, nationality or residency of the student, and other requirements.
For specific details on a particular admission screening policy and acceptance rate, please contact Ain Shams University’s Admission Office.
The above details on university enrollment are only descriptive and may not be accurate or up-to-date.
Faculty of Engineering
This University offers courses in at least one of the following subjects:
Civil and Environmental Engineering
Computer and IT Engineering
Electronic and Electrical Engineering
Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineering
Mining and Metallurgical Engineering
Other Engineering Studies
The courses were structured to concentrate on different Structural Engineering specializations on the basis of job opportunities.
To follow the expectations of reputed international universities and to cope with recent trends, the courses and curriculum are periodically updated.
Courses with our experienced faculty members are scheduled, including the following:
- Structural Examination and Stress.
- Philosophy of Systems.
- Concrete Reinforced Construction.
- Construction of Structural Steel.
- Earthquake Science.
- Geotechnical Engineering.
- Properties and Substance Inspection.
- Management of building.
Eight campuses are situated at Ain Shams University. Two of them, separated by a major road called El-Khalifa El-Maamoun, are adjacent to each other; both of them are in Greater Cairo.
In addition to the faculty of Computer Literature, Science, Law, and Architecture, the main campus is in Abbassia, Cairo and houses the Administration and Management at the Saffron Palace, Science Education Growth Centre, Central Library, Child Hood Center, and the University City (students’ hostel).
The Faculty of Business, Alsun, Pharmaceutical Science, and Dentistry were located on the opposite campus.
Women’s College has a campus of its own. In Abassia, Heliopolis, and Shubra El Kheima, the Faculty of Specific Studies, Faculty of Education, and Faculty of Agriculture are each situated on different campuses.
In order to host international students and students residing in rural provinces, Ain Shams University offers a variety of campuses to act as university towns.
But the university imposes certain requirements for the student to attend the University City that must be fulfilled.
University Cities provide students with numerous facilities, from accommodation, food services, health, and therapeutic support, to leisure services, facilitating the availability of an adequate research environment.
Every year, the university strives to sustain university towns and raise the standard of facilities it offers in accordance with students’ demands and specifications.
Either in architecture or in manufacturing, the graduate has several work openings.
A Structural Engineer will usually be hired in the construction world by a consultant architecture firm in an office setting to formulate designs and requirements for projects such as homes, towers, stadiums, and bridges.
On the other side, the structural engineer would usually work with a civil engineering contractor supervising the erection of the building in question in the design sector.
Study Fees/Tuition For International Students:
The IUSD-Cairo research fees are set at 5000 Euros for each academic year for the 2019-2020 academic year.
For the 2020-2021 academic year, the IUSD-Cairo research fees are set at Euros 5500 for each academic year.
These costs include administrative fees, classes, access to research facilities, computing systems & libraries, and repair of the building.
At the beginning of the 1st and 2nd academic years, each student has the option of either paying the research fees in full or paying half the fees of an academic year at the beginning of each of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th semesters.
Via the IUSD-ASU Steering Committee Team, the fee amounts are subject to periodic revision.
Applicable only to the 10th intake of the study-starting IUSD program in the winter of 2020.
In Cairo, monthly living expenses
Leasing of accommodation rooms-140, € -300, €
Expenses for life-50€ – 130,-€
Mobile telephone-10 €
Public health insurance-€ 65
Public Transit-€ 15
Transportation by taxi -110€
Students from Egypt:
The IUSD-Cairo study fees for Egyptian students are determined on the basis of the number of credit hours (CH) recorded at the start of each semester.
The amount of one CH is set at 1054 EGP for the 2020-2021 academic year.
These costs include fees for administration, course offerings, access to testing equipment, computing systems & libraries, and renovation of facilities.
Laboratories and Technological Installations
The Department of Structural Engineering has well-equipped labs with all the latest equipment in specialized fields to satisfy the needs of undergraduate and postgraduate students.
The laboratories in the department that are open are:
• Institute of substance research.
• Institute of structural research.
• Reinforced laboratory for concrete research.
Laboratory of Steel Research.
• Geotechnical Laboratory.
Staff officers of the faculty
In different fields of expertise, the department has highly qualified faculty members.
ASU believes in supplying students with quality education and welcomes leading figures and scholars from prestigious universities and fields to give lectures.
Based on the 2014 census, the branch includes:
• 85 teachers.
• 35 adjunct professors.
• 30 training mates.
• 30 assistants to instruct.
• 40 post-graduate students.
• 600 students undergraduate.
The Seminars and Science Research
The Department pursues an agenda for science study and collaborates to define and meet research needs with government departments, private sector, and foundations.
In order to refresh their skills, faculty members and technical personnel frequently attend numerous seminars and seminars.
The department is also closely interested in the organization of regional and national conferences on recent civil engineering patterns and innovations.
The following conferences in the department have been organized:
- International Structural & Geotechnical Engineering (ICSGE) Conference
- Structural Composites Symposium in the Middle East (MESC).
• Prof. Dr. Abdel Aziz (1951-1968) El Aroosi
• Prof. Dr. Mohamed Abbas (1968-1972)
• Prof. Dr. Ahmed Shaker (1972-1972)
• Prof. Dr. Abdel Karim Atta (1972-1974)
• Professor Dr. Ali Shaban (1974-1977)
• Prof. Dr. Abdel Karim Atta (1977-1979)
• Professor Dr. Ali Shaban (1979-1984)
• (1984-1989) Prof. Dr. Abdel Hadi Hosni
• Professor Dr. Kamal Naseef (1989-1991)
• Prof. Dr. Abdel Gawad Safaan (1991-1992)
• Professor Dr. Kamal Hassan (1992-1994)
• Prof. Dr. Elatrozi Nabil (1994-1996)
• Professor Dr. Hamdi Mohsen (1996-1999)
• Professor Dr. Abdel Wahab Abu Elaeneen (1999-2001)
• Prof. Dr. Korashi Ahmed (2001-2002)
• Prof. Dr. Okba Samir (2002-2004)
• Prof. Dr. Zidan Mostafa (2004-2005)
• Prof. Dr. Hegab Hassan (2005-2007)
• Prof. Dr. Elnahas Fathallah (2007-2009)
Prof. Dr. Abel Raheem Desooki (2009-2011) •
(2011-2012) Prof. Dr. Mohamed Elaghoori
• Prof. Dr. Imam Soliman (2012-2014)
• Prof. Dr. Amr Abdelrahman (2014-current)
- Distinct and effective management of working on the continual development of the educational process.
- Distinguished education lives up to the value and the quality of students ‘ learning.
- Faculty members to meet the distinct needs of the educational process.
- Promoting and creating an educational environment.
- Maintaining the competitive position of the College.
- Graduate sophisticated system.
- The research excellence in college leadership locally, regionally, and internationally.
- Graduate sophisticated system.
- Establish trust between Consulting Engineering Center and society.
- Work on uniforms Nations base of financial resources to improve the educational process.
- Community service locally, regionally, and environmental awareness.
Education Future International Scholarship 2021
Apply for the Education Future International Scholarship 2021. The scholarship is for bachelor’s, master’s degrees in all courses.
The Education Future International Scholarship 2021 is a program that is created by scholarship winners worldwide.
The scholarship is an initiative offered by past scholarship holders to provide back to society for educational causes and to help build a brighter and smarter future.
- Applicant should be an Indian national with a valid Indian passport
- Also, the applicant should have a minimum score of 60% in 10th and 12th.
- Likewise, offered to the meritorious Indian students for studying overseas at any of the top universities globally.
- Additionally, applicants should reflect that they lack means of self-funding their education abroad. Hence, the applicant should be planning to fund himself at least 50% through an education loan.
- Furthermore, the applicant should be able to start the course before 31st March 2021.
Additionally, the education future international scholarship 2021 is only for Indian nationals and applicable to all overseas education centers and subjects.
This scholarship cannot be availed for studying in India. Likewise, the scholarship amount ranges between 2 lakhs and 10 lakhs.
Furthermore, the applicant should submit the scholarship application for spring 2021 classes before the deadline of 15th October 2020.
Graduate School of Education Fellowships at American University in Cairo 2021
Apply for the Education Fellowships at American University in Cairo 2021.
The deadline for the application is 3rd November 2020. The scholarship is for a master’s degree.
Eligibility for Graduate school of Education fellowships
- Open to all nationals
- Additionally, for new graduate degree-seeking students who satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements.
- Also, admission to the Master of Arts in international and comparative education.
- Furthermore, for continuing students; to retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2
- Also, demonstrated or potential academic qualifications, professional experience.
- Similarly, students must register in a minimum of two graduate courses.
- Financial need
Value of Scholarship
The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees, for a maximum of three credits per semester
- Also, may cover remedial English courses and pre-requisite courses.
Responsibilities of Fellows
- In support of their professional training, fellows are assigned eight hours per week of related research work.
- Also, this work will provide research in support of GSE scholarly interests and provide professional development and research mentorship to fellows.
- Also, candidates must complete teaching assistantship mandatory training if the fellow involves in teaching assistantship duties.
In addition to partial tuition support, the highly competitive GSE fellowship will provide students with the opportunity of working with a faculty member on their research, and other professional work.
AIWA Lucy Kasparian, 2020-2021 Aharonian Scholarship
In any of the available Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Ph.D. degree programs, the Armenian International Women’s Association announced a scholarship for the academic year of 2021.
These scholarships will be awarded to hardworking, creative, and worthy students under the title of the AIWA Lucy Kasparian Aharonian Scholarship, 2021.
Based on the grant you receive, this educational reward will provide you with partial support, $1,000.
The more coverage you will be able to get is the best track record you have.
The Armenian International Women’s Association (A.I.W.A) is providing scholarships to provide higher education for female students of Armenian origin.
Applicants must join either their undergraduate or graduate schools.
The scholarship is based both on economic need and merit. There are four different available scholarships.
Up to 25 students are selected to earn scholarships each year in total.
In the fields of astronomy, mathematics, engineering, information technology, computer science, and architecture, the Lucy Kasparian Aharonian Scholarship is given.
AIWA Lucy Kasparian Aharonian Scholarship Qualifying Requirements, 2021:
- The Lucy Kasparian Aharonian Scholarship is open to Armenian-bred female students.
- Applicants should be licensed as full-time students, attending approved institutions or schools.
- Candidates can have a GPA of at least 3.2.
- The scholarships are awarded on the basis of merit and financial necessity of the candidate.
- The awards may be sought by graduate students and students beginning their junior or senior year of college.
The Required Documents:
- A completed application form should be sent to candidates for the Lucy Kasparian Aharonian Scholarship.
- It needs a Certified Copy of University / College Transcripts.
- Letters of recommendation (two), one from an Academic Instructor / Advisor and one from a Group Official, should be submitted.
- A picture of the passport size is required.
AIWA Lucy Kasparian Aharonian Scholarship’s Worth, 2021:
$1,000-2,000 will be given to the winner of the Lucy Kasparian Aharonian Scholarship.
AIWA Lucy Kasparian Aharonian Scholarship Date, 2021:
The deadline for this grant and the value of the grant are normally $1,000-$2,000.
The last date for applying for the AIWA Lucy Kasparian Aharonian Scholarship is normally every year in APRIL.
A fully funded scholarship at the University of Ain Shams, Egypt
For the energy scholarship at Ain Shams University, applications are available.
USAID — funded by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in collaboration with Ain Shams University as a center of excellence for energy.
The purpose of the CEO-Energy academic scholarship is to increase the supply of eligible energy and clean energy graduates while fostering fair opportunity for the recipients of the scholarship.
In addition, the USAID funded CEO-Energy scholarship offers scholarships for students completing the four-year credit hour program for energy and clean energy at Ain Shams University.
The Center of Excellence for Energy Scholarship encompasses four years of maximum energy education and is also a clean energy engineering initiative at the University of Ain Shams.
- In the energy and renewable energy engineering program at Ain Shams University, undergraduate students must be eligible for enrollment.
- Citizenship of Egypt
- Applicants have to be graduates of public or experimental Egyptian institutions.
- In addition, qualifying students from Egyptian public engineering schools are welcome to apply. Priority is granted to candidates from the Center for Energy Excellence.
- Similarly, in the faculty of engineering freshmen academic year 2020/2021, students must score a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Proposals must be received by 14 August 2021 at 11:59 pm. There won’t be submissions after this date.
- Furthermore, the full kit, including the motivation letter for the online application, must be submitted; otherwise, the application for students will be incomplete and excluded.
- The project actively supports the inclusion of women, people with disabilities, as well as candidates with socio-economic limitations who meet the requirements for academic/professional eligibility and stand out in the participant selection process.
Euro Africa scholarships
The Assistant Minister of Foreign Relations for European Affairs reported that the Embassy of the Arab Republic of Egypt in Nicosia had received a message.
That includes 15 scholarships from the Athanasios Ktorides Foundation and Euro-Africa for the academic year 2020/2021.
Based on what has been reported on the website of the Cultural Affairs and Missions Sector.
Core Scholarship Administration, Coordinated Announcement of the Fourth Year 2020/2021 Scholarship Program
According to the website of the Cultural Affairs and Missions Sector, the Central Administration of Scholarships of the Egyptian Ministry of Higher Education and its partners (British Council, Japanese Foreign Cooperation Organization JICA) announce the consolidated annual scholarship program for the fourth year 2020/2021 of the eighth five-year plan 2017-2022 in the competitive framework.
Scholarships are given by the University of Peking, China
The Egyptian Cultural Office in China reported that Peking University is offering Egyptian students scholarships to study at the Faculty of Medicine and other faculties of the University, and applicants for such scholarships can register on a number of websites, as indicated on the website of the Cultural Affairs and Missions Sector.
Scholarships are given in the United Arab Emirates by Mohammed bin Zayed University
The Egyptian Cultural Office in Abu Dhabi announced that the door was opened to apply for scholarships in the field of artificial intelligence provided by Mohammed bin Zayed University to enter master’s and doctoral programs in the following specializations (computer vision, machine learning) and natural language processing for the fall of 2020.
Scholarships offered by University POLITECNICO DI TORINO, Italy
The Egyptian Cultural Office in Rome has announced that the door to the scholarships offered by the University of POLITECNICO DI TORINO in Italy has been opened to enter the doctoral program for a 36-month academic year starting on 1 November 2020.
According to the Cultural Affairs and Missions Business website-Central Scholarship Department.
Luiss University grants to receive a Ph.D. in political science in Italy
The Egyptian Cultural Office in Rome has announced that the door has been opened to apply for a scholarship to enter the doctoral program in political science offered by Luiss University of Italy for the academic year 2020/2021.
In conjunction with the Cultural Relations and Missions Business website.
Grants from Università Degli Studi di Trieste, Italy
According to the Egyptian Cultural Office in Rome, it has opened the door for applicants for grants provided by the Università Degli Studi di Trieste to receive scholarships to join research missions in various disciplines, as indicated on the Cultural Affairs and Missions Sector website.