The Indira Gandhi Girl Child Scholarship came into existence after educational research was performed. As a result of this, the research shows that the number of girls in some certain parts of the country is declining to leave the boys with higher numbers.
If this Indira Gandhi Girl Child Scholarship, didn’t favour you, you can also check here to know if you are eligible to apply for this Pm Modi Scholarship for Indian Student 2020 – Comprehensive Details
Also, in the education sector, girls are denied education opportunities than boys.
To the extent that girls are forced to always give birth to boys instead of girls.
Although, the government has taken a lot of steps to fight this issue by implementing and executing various schemes including free education for girls.
Next, the UGC (University Grants Commission) has established a postgraduate Indira Gandhi Girl Child Scholarship.
Breaking! Start Getting current updates on profitable skills, and top career opportunities with Jobreaders.org - Click Here to Subscribe Free.
The major aim is to promote girl’s education and compensate direct costs of girl education to all levels especially for such girls who happen to be the only girl in the family.
Click on this link to check: NED University of Engineering and Technology | Admissions Requirements, available for local and international students
The objective of the Indira Gandhi Girl Child Scholarship
- To recognize the value of observance of the small family norm
- To support postgraduate education of single girl child in non-professional courses only
Eligibility for Indira Gandhi Scholarship:
- Girl students without having any brother or the girl student who are twin daughters/ fraternal daughters may also apply for scholarship under the aforesaid scheme. In a family, if one son and one daughter are available then the girl child will not be considered for scholarship under the scheme.
- Girl students up to the age of 30 years at the time of admission in PG courses are eligible.
- The scheme applies to such a single girl child who has taken admission in regular, full-time first-year Master’s Degree course in any designated university or a post-graduate college. This scholarship is available to PG-I year students only.
- Admission to PG Course in Distance education mode is not covered under the scheme.
If you are an Indian student looking for scholarship opportunity to fund your academic career, here is the Venkat Panchapaksan Memorial Scholarship for Indians|Requirements
Amount of fellowship:
Rs.36,200/- p.a. for two years only i.e. full duration of a PG course. Here, students only pay medical charges, and the hostel charges.
You can also click on this link to know about these 7 Best Indian Restaurant in Omaha (the United States of America)
How do I apply for the Indira Gandhi Scholarship?
- It is very simple and straightforward to apply for this Program online through the National Scholarship Portal under the UGC Schemes Tab. Similarly, you can also use this link to register
- It is expected from the institutions where the student has taken admission in the first-year PG course. No tuition fees will be charged by the institute from girl students to pursue PG degree courses in Universities/Colleges/Institutions.
You can get access to the guidelines of the Indira Gandhi Girl Child Scholarship,here
Visit this page to get detailed information about NTU India Connect Research Internship Programme for 2020
FAQs/frequently asked questions
- Whether the candidate has to select “scholarship” or “incentive” in the type of scholarship for applying under the scheme?
The candidate has to opt for an “incentive” to be able to apply under the scheme.
- the scheme for the award of a scholarship is to consider whether a girl child with a brother in the family is eligible.
No, only single girl children are eligible to apply under the scheme. However, twin/ fraternal daughters are eligible to apply under this scheme.
- Whether a candidate who was within 30 years of age during admission to the PG course but has crossed this limit at the time of application be eligible to be considered.
Yes. The candidate applying under the scheme can apply if she is below 30 years of age as on the last date of application too.
- Can students of second-year post-graduation apply under the scheme?
No. The candidates who are pursuing first-year postgraduate courses only can apply under the scheme.
- Can the awardee avail of any other scholarship scheme during the tenure of this award?
Yes. This scheme can be availed with any other scholarship scheme as this is an incentive.
You can always confide in us for the latest information on scholarships and various career opportunities around the world, every moment. All you need to do is to always visit us at www.jobreaders.org. Or subscribe to our free email newsletter for notifications on the latest update, you can also visit our Facebook page here