The International Fellow Programs is a short-term accredited scientific and practical training program that lasts from a particularly short time until a longer period and are often executed abroad.
You can also check this related post here: Google Org Impact Challenge for Women and Girls 2021 ($2 Million in Funding)
International Fellow Programs puts its attention on the practical and professional development of individual colleagues and provides them with an excellent beginning to their career with all the resources, support, and professional networks that enable them to achieve goals that you may not be able to achieve in a typical job.
About International Fellow Program
The major goal of the program is to improve the life standard of people, by raising, talented people from different academic field who has demonstrated, leadership quality in their various host communities. This initiative can either sponsored by the Government of different level, Non Governmental organisation, some individual and a certain group of people.
How do they achieve that?
- By pulling their resources either to give more training to the young people, that are talented or demonstrated leadership quality, so they can also give back to their host communities, and to the larger society.
- By giving monetary reward to young persons, who embarked on a project targeted at improving the standard of life of people within the host communities and the society at large.
If you are a student looking for scholarship opportunity to fund your academic career, check here to know if you are eligible to apply for any these scholarship opportunities available for both local and international students here.
Undeniably, the process adds value to their CV, as they allow them to work with professionals and receive advice, improve training opportunities and establish many connections in their chosen field, and fellow programs frequently lead to better employment opportunities.
You can also check these 15 Universities in Canada without an Application Fee for Aspiring Students. If you want to pursue your academic career in Canada
The fellow programs solely direct their purposes at providing practical, real-life experiences to colleagues, as they are saddled with a great responsibility to become problem solver in this period. As they have unique experiences and in-depth training that may not be suitable for them in other circumstances.
The awards are available to graduates and researchers. The program doesn’t exclude seminars both physical and online seminars. It also gives room for an extensive skill acquisition program. Fellow Programs are sponsored and funded by various kinds of organizations worldwide.
For instance, foundations, non-profit organizations, government agencies, universities, the media, and businesses, with most fellow programs offering a living allowance or monthly salary. In addition to other expenses such as accommodation, housing, and health insurance. Isn’t that great? Please kindly read through and not miss any important information.
Furthermore, every organization has its goals and objectives that guide in delivering their day to day activities. So does the international fellowship. The funding varies on which organizations are sponsoring the fellow programs but at least the price range from $18,000 to $30,000.
If you want to study in Canada, here are Free Waiver Canadian Universities 2021 (All you Need to Know)
List of international fellowship programs
Here are the list of international fellowship programs and their eligibility requirements;
NESG Bridge fellowship
Eligible and interested applicants are advised to apply for this ongoing NESG Bridge fellowship program, this initiatives is sponsored by Nigerian economic submit group in collaboration with Leap Africa to empower young people with leadership qualities in research and policy, advocacy skills.
The program is established to empower and training to acquire skill to discharge oriented research and advocacy for national transformation. Selected participants will go through a rigorous and engaging capacity development process where they will contribute to knowledge and policy advocacy on a National level. The selected Bridge Fellows will also be matched to the NESG Policy Commissions to have hands-on experience in the area of Policy Advocacy, Research and Leadership.
Application deadline: 7th April 2021
Application for The NESG Bridge Fellowship open for young Nigerian between the ages of 22 to 35 years of age.
Do you fellowship program
Interested applicant are required to make their applications while the offer last.
Application deadline: April 12th 2021
German chancellor scholarship
Application for German chancellor fellowship is on, interested applicant are advised to apply early to stand a better chance to win the award. This program is available, for University graduates from USA, Russia, China Brazil and India.
Application Deadline: 15 September 2021
To check your eligibility status and application procedure;
Allan Gray Orbis Foundation Fellowship Programme – South Africa
This fellowship program is designed to train young people in entrepreneurship, so they can positively impact on with values.
Application deadline: 30th April 2021
For further details on the eligibility criteria;
Check here to see other: 5 Operating Grants for Non-Governmental Organization in the USA |How to Apply
Goals and Objectives of the International Fellows Program (IFP)
- To actualize the Centennial Plan’s commitment to accelerate global learning,
- Supporting the Centennial Plan’s commitment to transformation learning, and
- To fulfill an unmet student and faculty need for financial support to conduct international research and creative activities.
- Besides, one hope is that some funded projects might grow into longer-term, self-sustaining international relationships, or study abroad programs.
Eligibility Status for the Programs:
- Citizens or permanent residents from any country (applicants from countries outside the United States must hold a valid passport and be able to obtain a J-1 visa even if they are currently in the United States). Please contact the Center if you have any questions about your eligibility to obtain a J1 visa.
- Women and men with outstanding capabilities and experience from a wide variety of backgrounds (including academia, business, government, journalism, law, and other professions)
- Academic candidates must be at the post-doctoral level and have published a book or monograph beyond the Ph.D. dissertation.
- Practitioners or policymakers with an equivalent level of professional achievement
- English proficiency as the Center is designed to encourage the exchange of ideas among its fellows
Now that you are eligible for this program, don’t you care to know more about how to apply for the international fellow programs? See below:
How do I apply for the International Fellow Programs?
A current CV (not to exceed three pages); The Center will only accept the first three pages; please list your publications separately.
A list of your publications that includes exact titles, names of publishers, dates of publication, and status of forthcoming publications (not to exceed three pages);
A Project Proposal (not to exceed five single-spaced typed pages, using the 12-point type); The Center reserves the right to omit from review applications that are longer than the requested page length;
A bibliography for the project that includes primary sources and relevant secondary sources (not to exceed three pages);
Two letters of reference.
Selection processes for the International Fellow Programs
- Applicants residing in their home country at the time of application, from developing/emerging countries, or from an underrepresented group in any region, will receive special consideration.
- Position on return to the home country.
- Academic and/or professional qualifications.
- Applicant’s commitment to the advancement of women and girls in her home country.
- Proposed schedule.
- Quality and feasibility of the proposed plan of study or research.
You can always confide in us for the latest information on scholarships and various career opportunities around the world, every moment. All you need to do is to always visit us at www.jobreaders.org. Or subscribe to our free email newsletter for notifications on the latest update, you can also visit our Facebook page here