Are you in search for how to transfer airtime on MTN using the transfer codes? Search no more as this compilation has the codes needed.
There are times we have excess airtime or data and we hope to share with our loved ones. MTN understands that moment and has made it possible to share love this way.
About MTN Transfer Code
MTN Transfer codes include the multiple codes needed to transfer airtime or data to another MTN customer wherever you are from your MTN SIM by applying the correct form. It is transparent and easy to use.
MTN users are helped by the MTN Transfer codes to transfer or exchange credit or information to friends, relatives, and well-wishers.
They often use the MTN conversion system most of the time in business centres to offer their available credit to their clients.
In order to place phone calls and use cell data, airtime is the amount of money paid to your account.
Often, an individual needs to ‘borrow’ or ‘send’ his or her airtime to another MTN line, you can still take advantage of the quick MTN airtime transfer service and share with others your airtime.
In case you also have a Glo sim, you can review this article on the Best and Efficient Glo Recharge Code – Updated Method
MTN Transfer Codes for MTN Share ‘n’ Sell
MTN Share (formerly Share ‘N’ Sell) is a program allowing you to pass airtime (credit) from your MTN account to the accounts of other MTN customers. check out this related post How to Transfer Airtime on Airtel: Activation and Usage
Both new and current prepaid and postpaid customers on the MTN network will use MTN Share. Free of charge, you can now switch airtime.
You must change the default PIN, which is 0000 before you can pass airtime.
How to Activate the MTN Transfer Code
- Send a message containing your Default PIN space Current PIN space Current PIN to 777. For example, send an SMS with ‘0000 1234 1234’ to 777. OR
- By dialing * 777*Default PIN*New PIN * New PIN # on your computer, you can also update your PIN and then click on send/press OK. Dial * 777 * 0000 * 1234 * 1234 #, for example, and then send / OK.
You will get an SMS as soon as you change your PIN using any of the choices above, telling you that your PIN has been changed successfully.
Also, we had compiled a post for 9mobile users who want to check their data plan. Check this Review on How to check 9mobile Data Plan
How to Transfer Airtime Using SMS on MTN
- Send an SMS with the Transfer, the number of the receiver, sum, and PIN to 777. check this example, send an SMS to 777 with ‘Move 08031234567 1500 1234’.
- You will get an SMS after sending this message asking you to confirm that you want to make the move by sending an SMS with ‘YES’ to 777.
How to Transfer Airtime Via USSD on MTN
Via the USSD code, you can also share credit with others. You know, of course, that this solution is simple and fast, all you have to do is dial the shortcode and you’re fine.
- Dial * 777 * Number of Recipient * Amount * PIN # on your phone and then select OK to send / press. For instance, dial*777 * 08031234567 * 1500 * 1234 # and send / OK afterwards. OR
- To exchange airtime, quickly dial * 600 * Recipient’s Number*Amount*PIN #. Dial * 600 * 07012345678 * 1000 * 9153 #, for instance,
- You will get a message telling you that the transfer was effective after the transfer has been completed.
However, you must be aware that:
- Only Naira sums can be moved and not kobo sums, i.e. NGN71.00 can be moved, but not NGN71.99.
- In a single transaction, you can transfer between NGN50.00 and NGN5, 000.00.
- Any day, up to NGN100, 000.00 can be moved from your phone to either a single or several MTN accounts.
- The actual number of transactions per day does not have a limit.
- The conversion will not be completed and you will get an error message if you’re MTN prepaid account does not have enough airtime to cover the balance you have asked to move.
- You would only be allowed to switch airtime if you are a postpaid client when your account is positive. When your account is negative, you won’t be able to transfer airtime-). If your account balance, for instance, is N-300.00. MTN Share would not authorize you to use it.
- On the other side, you’ll be able to move airtime up to the available N1, 000.00 in your account if the account balance is N1, 000.00.
How to Convert a Plan to MTN Share ‘n’ Sell Plan
Except for the MTN beta-talk, the MTN plan will run on any MTN tariff scheme such as true-talk, pulse, etc.
However, one has to change the default pin on the share n sale plan, which is always ‘0000’, to start using this program.
How to Recover your MTN Airtime Transfer Code
You can lose your transfer code or pin, however, don’t panic, since you can still recover your code.
After dialing 180 and showing them the right information about your SIM card, the other method is to contact MTN customer service representatives.
This method can be a little complicated, but, by following these steps, you can also reset your pin.
- Press ‘Yeah’ in the text message and give it to 5566
- To receive a message that your MTN pin has been reset to 0000, wait a few minutes.
- Give the current PIN to 556 or follow the steps to update the pin to adjust the pin
MTN Data Transfer Code
To be able to support friends and loved ones with data, this was launched for individual consumers.
If you have an excess on your cell line, your friends could need info. Simply register with them and start sharing.
However, before you can exchange data, you must agree to a data pack.
You should take the following steps after subscribing:
1. Dial * 131 * 2 * 1 # to 131 or SMS Reg. With your default pin, you will receive a message that is 0000 and you will be asked to change that pin.
2. Adjust the PIN. By dialling * 131 * 2 * 5 # or SMS ‘update 0000 new pin new pin’ to 131, the pin can be changed. For eg, submit a shift from 0000 2864 2864 to 131.
3. Adding recipients. By dialing *131*2*2# or by sending ‘Add phone number PIN’ to 131, for example, to add 08037654321, I will send ‘Add 08037654321 2864’ to 131.
However, you will be asked to add recipients to your MTN shared data bundle. Dial * 131 * 2 * 3 # to access the service.
Code To Review MTN Balance of Mutual Data
Via the following networks, you will be able to verify your data package balance:
- SMS: Messaging 2 from 1311
- USSD: * 131 * 4 # dialing
How to retrieve the MTN data transfer code
By contacting the MTN customer service agent by dialing 180 and answering specific questions on your SIM card, you can recover your MTN transfer data pin.
It’s very fast and quick to use to transfer data and airtime. For some people, it has also been an outlet for the company.
While some people only like the privilege of giving their friends and loved one’s airtime and data without leaving their comfort zone.
Here at Jobreaders, we believe this information about MTN Transfer Code 2021 and how to Check Different Types of MTN Transfer Codes is helpful to you?
Why not share it with your friends out there to enjoy the advantages of MTN Transfer codes and accessibility.