This is how to apply for Macquarie University Africa Development Scholarship in Australia. Macquarie University is offering Africa Development Scholarship to pursue the undergraduate or postgraduate programme.
Note: All African students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
As a leading International University, Macquarie is consistently ranked in the top two percent of universities in the world and within Australia.
Why Macquarie University Africa Development Scholarship?
Being a Macquarie student will be one of the best times of your life because you’ll have so many opportunities to discover your potential. As well as starting to carve out a fabulous career for yourself, you’ll have opportunities to travel the globe with our support, undertake an internship with a leading organisation and awaken your adventurous side.
Whether you’re an audacious high-school leaver, a non school applicant, a highly skilled postgraduate or an ambitious international student, we look forward to welcoming you to Macquarie University.
You will be Employable
Some still see university and the eventual job you get as two separate entities. We don’t. At Macquarie we work with both Australian and international students to ensure your studies lead you to a satisfying and prosperous career, one that allows you to dream big and make a difference in this world.
Uni is about so much more than getting a degree and a great job at the end – but let’s be honest, carving out that dream career is definitely one of the major reasons people come to uni. At Macquarie, we ensure your studies lead you to a satisfying and prosperous career – one that allows you to dream big and make a difference in this world.
The scholarship is available to candidates who choose to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate programs in Macquarie University
This scholarship can be taken up in Australia.
The sum of AU$5000 is donated annually towards your tuition fees for the length of the course (AU$2500 is credited against your tuition fees each semester).
- Be a citizen of an African country.
- Have applied for undergraduate or postgraduate coursework through a registered Macquarie University agent or through our online application system.
- Have met the University’s academic and English requirements for the course offered at our North Ryde campus.
- Have enrolled and be ready to begin your course in 2019 (commencement may not be deferred).
- Commence study in the session and year indicated in your scholarship letter of offer. Commencement may not be deferred.
Also, note that you won’t be eligible for this scholarship in cases such as;
- You’re not eligible if you are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency of Australia.
- Students who are on an English-packaged course are eligible for this scholarship if they commence their course in 2019.
- You’re not eligible if you have received any other Macquarie University scholarship (which may include the UAC Scholarship) for this course of study unless you have been advised otherwise by a representative of the university.
- To remain eligible for this scholarship, you must stay enrolled in your original approved course of study and pass all units within the course.
- If you withdraw from your program before completion, you may be required to repay any scholarship previously awarded to you during your study period at Macquarie University based on the outcome as decided by the scholarships and grants committee.
Macquarie University Africa Development Scholarship Application Process
You don’t need to apply directly to be considered for a country scholarship. Applicants who meet the criteria will be automatically advised of their eligibility in their Macquarie University course offer letter.
- Details on how to apply to Macquarie University for a coursework degree are available on the website.
- Applicants who meet the criteria will be automatically advised of their eligibility in their Macquarie University course offer letter sent via email.
Important dates for this scholarship are noted in the table below;
|SCHOLARSHIP TYPE||SESSION 1 (FEBRUARY)||SESSION 2 (JULY)||OUTCOME ADVISED|
|All Scholarships (except listed below)||21 December||14 June||Every 2 – 4 weeks|
|Global Allianz Fund||14 December||Within the last 2 weeks of January|
|30 June||Within the last 2 weeks of July|
The application and official link for this scholarship is connoted below: