The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world’s largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Franchise Marketing Manager – Stills
Job ID: R-24147
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
- The Franchise Marketing Manager – Stills is the critical link in developing WABU’s #2 Strategic Pillar – Winning With Stills, in line with the Global High-Performing Marketing Organization strategy; covering four key Stills categories (Juice, VAD, Tea, Water). The position includes both the responsibilities of a traditional Strategic Marketing Manager but also includes the responsibilities of a Senior Franchise Marketing Managers. In that the associate is expected to deliver outstanding short & long-term Stills Business Growth Strategies (including Portfolio management, Innovation Development, & Communication Platforms) that enable transformation from 143MM Unit Cases today to 250MM Unit Cases by 2020 while managing full implementation of the marketing agenda across 6 Bottling Franchises.
- This role will have responsibility for ensuring that all WABU Stills Marketing Activities are aligned with TCCC Global Brand Strategies and Frameworks, Innovation Priorities, & Brand Standards. The role with provide on-going, to TCCC Corporate, reporting and collaboration covering: Visual Identity Adherence, Charter Communication Platform Leadership & Input, DME Spending Recommendations, and Importing & Exporting of Best-In-Class activities to grow the entire Global Marketing Community.
- The role will lead the strategic dialogue with our IMC Marketing team, & Global/EMEA Charter leaders to ensure that all WABU Stills Marketing Communication requirements efficiently & effectively meet the business needs of all 31 markets through – writing of briefs, participating in feedback sessions & Global Marketing Gate meetings, creating local marketing plans, and adapting local communication, etc.
- The role will also provide strategic marketing thought leadership and capability to the General Manager Stills & VEB – WABU and cross-functional team; applying the portfolio strategy into their M&A plans from design through to acquisition and ultimately towards full integration into The Coca-Cola Company’s management. This will include but not limited to: Brand segmentation within each category, defining the proper Visual Identity transition and/or creation using Global Brand Guidelines, Brand positioning and investment strategies to ensure complementary equity building with existing TCCC Still brands.
- The role will also be fully accountable for all local market (31 countries) 3-year Strategic Business Plans AND Annual Business Plan alignment with Bottler & Internal stakeholders plus all implementation activities. They will do this through managing three direct-reports: (1) Marketing Manager – West & Eq Africa; (1) Brand Manager – Islands & Mid-Africa; (1) Assistant Brand Manager AND one indirect report: (1) Senior Brand Manager – Nigeria 5 Alive. During 2018, they will closely work with CHI marketing team to integrate TCCC & CHI marketing teams into one cohesive unit; ultimately leading to additional direct reports covering Nigeria CHI business in 2019.
- Lastly, this role will be the co-owner of the Business Units’ new capability – Design Thinking Co-Laboratory Process. This process will enable the BU to leverage consumers to co-create business challenges (Innovation platforms, Asset/Platform exploration, Commercialization advancement, etc.). The role will work with key stakeholders throughout all functions to both brief, implement, and build capability within the organization to carry out 6-8 co-lab executions per year.
Develop 3-year Stills Category Portfolio & Growth strategy; communicating and driving Strategy alignment & implementation across the 31 WABU markets:
- Define Portfolio Segmentation for the business unit; approving Portfolio and Brand Strategies in line with agreed segmentation; leading the innovation agenda for the Stills portfolio through identification and execution of insight driven opportunities (Product, Package, Media, etc.) to engage consumers and customers.
- Align strategy across the Business Unit, TCCC Corporate, & BU Leadership to ensure best-in-class implementation and engagement across the system; including CHI acquisition.
- Challenge all aspects of the marketing mix in terms of understanding and awareness of global, business unit and regional trends and their impact to local brands and subsequent plans; be the guardian of the integrity of TCCC Brands.
- Manage business unit portfolio as a business in terms of drivers, opportunities and return; from “shelf” (OBPPC) to “sofa” (IMC) – using financial insight to make principle based strategic decisions which benefit the business unit;
- Create Category & Brand Frameworks that establish growth corridors & strategic marketing platforms across each Core Category (Juice, VAD, Tea, Water); ensuring relevancy and flexibility to meet the diverse needs of all 31 markets as well as Stills/VEB Business Development Managers’ acquired brand positioning.
Lead Development & Implementation of BU-Wide & Global Charter projects to support the 3-Year Strategic Plan; ensuring Annual Business Plan is both on-strategy & best-in-class in delivering financial objectives:
- Lead consolidating, transmitting, and adaptation of the collective needs with Sub-Saharan Africa & Global Marketing IMC teams; ensuring full integration of all marketing efforts (advertising, promotions, experiential, marketing assets…) within a consistent overall BU Category & Brand plan
- Define marketing DME requirements and proper allocation across the Marketing mix elements; Ensuring global best practice is effectively communicated to manage risks and impact to the business.
- Actively observe and ensure adherence to quality standards across all initiatives across the business unit; ensure advertising executions meet agreed success criteria & are in line with TCCC Brand Standards & guidelines.
Provide effective People Management & Marketing Community Development:
- Lead coaching, development, and overall performance enablement of two direct – Marketing Manager (Gr12), Brand Manager (Gr10), Assistant Brand Manager (Gr8) and two indirect reports – Senior Brand Manager (Gr11) & CHI Marketing lead (Gr TBD); providing on-going coaching and feedback to improve their performance & potential.
- Develop and train remaining all West Africa BU Marketing Managers (6 – Gr12s), through mentorship, to build functional capability in Portfolio Strategy, Communication Plan Development, and People Management
- Lead training & development of West Africa Marketing Community through leading “Lunch & Learns”, providing mentorship to junior marketing associates, and other activities; building overall capabilities and performance of the Business Unit.
- Participate in talent factory process – auditing both their and other members of the marketing community against agreed role description & competencies.
Lead Development, Implementation & Capability Building on the Design Thinking / Co-Lab Process across the Business Unit:
- Create a more entrepreneurial, agile, user centered culture by developing design thinking capabilities across function heads and agency partners. In order to accelerate adoption, provide support for user functions as they build their own indigenous capability.
- Assist users in ownership of the process while identifying and develop agency capabilities in executing Co-Labs; ensuring strong insight generation and solution recommendation is consistent with TCCC standards
- 10-15 years job experience, within Brand Management in the FMCG industry.
- Performance Driven and Accountable: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- Fast/Agile: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- Empowered: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
- Growth Mindset: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- Smart Risk: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- Externally Focused: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply