Microsoft explore has been a blessing to many. The Microsoft Explore Internship 2020 has been set up by the Microsoft company to train and enlighten the minds of many youngsters.
From time to time, Microsoft corporation have seen the importance and need of training young minds. They have brought out so many paid internships for the youths that can train and educate them in their respective fields.
In this blog post, you will be informed about the Microsoft Explore Internship 2020 session and how you can apply and benefit from it.
Before getting into your application details, let’s have a look at Microsoft Corporation and understand what drives them towards changing the world.
For more updates subscribe to the jobreaders newsletter.
Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. They have become a household name in many nations. Many homes across the globe use products and services offered by Microsoft and the most popular one is the Microsoft office.
Microsoft Explore Internship
An internship offers you the opportunity to work in your industry in real-time. It’s one of the best ways to prepare you for life after graduation and open your eyes to the industry of your choice.
The Microsoft Explore internship 2020 is an opportunity for you to be involved in the world of tech. The program is a 12-week summer internship program designed for students in their first or second year of their bachelor’s degree program.
The program is designed in a three-phase form of product development with a focus on Design, Build, and Quality. If you are a computer engineer or in a related field then this program is for you as it encourages your interest in computer science. If you are a student beginning your academic studies and would like to learn about careers in software development, then I suggest you enroll in this internship.
While learning on the job, you will be coached, mentored, and placed in community building processes. The program also opens you up to multiple networking opportunities in your field.
What are my Responsibilities?
This internship is so awesome that they let you keep ownership of the designs you develop. Interning at the Microsoft Explore internship means that you have some responsibilities and they are:
- Working closely with Explore interns to develop a product. It is important that you put in your best here as your product will impact your broader team.
- You will be working closely with managers and mentors. Your task will be to evaluate requirements, estimate costs, create and implement features and services.
- Throughout the 12 weeks of interning, you will be placed in a great working environment where you will core tech disciplines. This is to give you a heads up of what’s involved as a program manager and software engineer.
It is necessary that you understand if you are qualified. To simplify this for you I have compiled below the necessary things to check if you are qualified. They are:
- You must be a freshman or sophomore student, currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program within the United States, Canada, or Mexico. You need to be in your first or second year of college and enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program.
- Demonstrated interest in majoring in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, or related technical major.
- Completed an Introduction to Computer Science course (or equivalent class) as well as one semester of calculus (or equivalent) by the start of the program.
- Demonstrated interest in the software industry.
- When submitting your resume, be sure it includes your email address, school address and phone number, permanent address and phone number, intended major, and expected graduation date. Please also include a list of your current courses within the body of your resume. Only resumes in English are accepted.
It is important to note that Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. As an applicant, you will receive consideration for employment regardless of your past criminal histories, if you have any. It’s a fair and good chance for you to try and get yourself enrolled.
Related post: 9 Paid Biomedical Engineering Internship | How to Apply?
How can I apply for the Microsoft Explore Internship 2020?
Application, most times sounds stressful to many, but that’s just a mindset and I am here to enlighten you on how to go about it. For your application, it is necessary that you go through qualification criteria and make sure you are not lacking.
Application is done online, where you fill in the required categories with relevant information needed. To apply, simply visit the official website link https://careers.microsoft.com/students/us/en/us-explore-microsoft-results
Is the Microsoft Explore Internship 2020 a paid one?
From our collective research, it has been confirmed that Microsoft internship programs are all paid for. Meaning that you are paid as you work. This can be great for you as you build up little savings. The minimum monthly pay at Microsoft is $7,100. They are directly second in the list of internships that pay in the United States. With Facebook being the first on the list according to the CNN Business report.
Related post: Disney Summer Internship Program 2020
Benefits of the Microsoft Explore Internship 2020 can drive many into applying for the program. Some of the benefits are:
- While interning, you will be provided with industry-leading healthcare
- You will be given the opportunity to network and connect with the big corporations and guys in your industry
- The sweet part is that you get discounts on products and services offered at Microsoft. You know this means that you can buy equipment at a cheaper price and much more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What benefits will I receive during Explore Microsoft?
A: Benefits offered by Microsoft are always great and the Microsoft Explore internship 2020 is no exception. The Explore program offers you competitive pay, relocation, training, transportation, and many more. These benefits are really cool when you get started.
Q: When should I apply for internship?
A: This is a generally asked question by many students. The best way to get an internship is to apply early. Most internships consider early application over late ones. Paid internships like the Microsoft Explore internship 2020 require you to apply on time.
This article must have been very helpful to you since you read it until this point. For more great articles such as this subscribe to the jobreaders newsletter. Don’t miss a thing!