The National Open University of Nigeria application forms for admission into the school for the academic session 2021/2022, is now ongoing. Interested students seeking for admission into the Unversity for the award of the following Certificate, Diploma, BSc, Post Graduate Diploma, Master’s Degree, and Doctor of Philosophy certificate, are advised to apply now.
If you are looking for a scholarship opportunity to fund your academic career, here are about 50+ scholarship opportunity for Nigerian undergraduate student. check to know if you are eligible to apply.
The sales of NOUN admission forms for the 2020/2021 admission was recently announced by the management of the Institution. The admission procedure has also been simplified by the management.
If your own problem is how to secure a job in Nigeria here are Federal Government Jobs in Nigeria with 100 Genuine Career Websites (Apply Now)
A lot of people are confused as to how to apply for NOUN Admission, we have come up with an easy way for interested candidates on how they can easily apply for NOUN.
Check also for How to Seat for IELTS Exam in Nigeria | Complete Processes.
This is a golden opportunity for those who want to study in Canada, these are 9 cheapest universities in Canada for international students
What are the admission requirements for various programs in the NOUN?
Candidates seeking admissions into various programs in NOUN must have the minimum entry requirement as follows;
What are the requirements for Certificate Programs?
a) Proficiency Certificate Programs
No previous experience or qualification is necessary. The ability to read and write will be an advantage.
Candidates for Proficiency Certificates will not be qualified to proceed to Certificates / Diploma programs without possessing the requisite basic qualifications.
b) University (Academic) Certificate Programs
- Junior Secondary School Certificate.
- Minimum of 2 credits in SSCE / GCE ‘O’ Level, NECO, NABTEB, and at not more than two sittings.
- T.C II with at least 2 merits at not more than two sittings.
- Mature candidates of 30 years and above with relevant work experience of not less than 10 years or evidence of prior knowledge/proficiency in a relevant field may be considered on their merit.
- I’dadiyah Certificate of Standard Islamiyyah School.
What are the requirements for Diploma Programs?
- A minimum of three credits in SSCE / GCE ‘O’ Level, NECO, and NABTEB at not more than two sittings with at least a pass in English Language.
- A minimum of three merits in Teacher Grade II Certificate at not more than two sittings.
- Senior Islamic School Certificate / Higher Islamiyyah Certificate including Arabic and Islamic Studies
- Thanawiyyah Certificate of Standard Islamiyyah School.
- NOUN Academic Certificate and Certificates of other recognized institutions.
What are the requirements for undergraduate application into NOUN programs?
- To proceed to the appropriate degree program of NOUN, holders of Diploma Certificates would be required to make up for any deficiencies in their SSCE / GCE, NECO, NABTEB, and T.C II.
- Applicants for undergraduate programs are expected to have a minimum of 5 O-level credits including mathematics and English language.
- Additional requirements might be applied for some programs and this can be viewed after selecting the Program and entry-level at the faculty’s admission page.
- Applicants are expected to fill in the details properly before submission.
- All payments at every step are expected to be completed before proceeding.
- The applicant’s area is expected to go to the screening centres with valid documents including proof of payments.
What are the requirements for post-graduate applicants into the NOUN?
- To qualify for the admission for a post-graduate program in the NOUN, candidates must have 5 0-level credit passes including mathematics and English language. Though some programs accept a pass in mathematics.
- Those applying for postgraduate diploma programs are expected to possess either a minimum of pass Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized university, approved by the NOUN or a Higher National Diploma with a minimum of lower credit.
- For a postgraduate diploma in Legislative Drafting, the candidate must have been called to the Bar.
- Also, for admission into the school of business and human resource management postgraduate Diploma programs, candidates with professional qualifications such as ACA, ACIS, ACIB, ASCII, ACIA, etc., may be considered on individual merit.
What is the Requirement for a master’s degree?
For master’s degree programs, candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of second class lower in the relevant field of study from a university recognized by the senate of the NOUN.
However, holders of lower classification with a minimum of two years of relevant post-qualification experience may be considered on individual merit.
Or a Higher National Diploma with a minimum of upper credit in the relevant fields of study. Candidates with membership certificates of relevant professional bodies may apply for the masters of business (MDA) program.
You may be interested in this: The American University of Nigeria | Admission, and Courses
What are the requirements for a Doctor of philosophy?
For the Doctor of Philosophy Degree programs, candidates must possess a master’s degree in relevant fields of study,
from the university recognized by the senate of the NOUN with a minimum score average of not less than 60% or Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 5- point scale preference.
What are the list f courses that the national open university (NOUN) offers?
The national open university of Nigeria offers the following courses:
- Agricultural extension and management
- Education and integrated science
- Agricultural science and education.
- Education and biology
- Business education
- Communication theology
- Computer science
- Education and mathematics
- Conflict and peace resolution
- Cooperative management
- Criminology and security studies
- Education and chemistry
- Data management
- Early childhood education
- Education and integrated science
- Education and physics
- English language
- Entrepreneurship and business management
- Environmental science resources management
- Education and English language
- French and international relations
- Hotel and catering management
- Education and French
- Hotel and tourism management
- Islamic studies
- Mass communication.
- Mathematics with computer science
- Nursing and nursing science
- Peace and development studies
- Primary education studies
- Public administration
- Public health science
- Shipping and maritime technology
- Tourism studies
Where can I locate a national open university in Nigeria?
National open university of Nigeria (NOUN) is located in almost all the states in Nigeria.
How can I apply for the NOUN admission 2020/2021?
- Visit the school website here: National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) Admission and Courses in 2021
- Select either the Undergraduate Program, diploma program, certificate program, or Postgraduate Program. Another program is not available at the moment
- Select Faculty, program of study, and level (Note: postgraduate level is preset).
- Apply after payment of a fixed compulsory non-refundable fee to proceed with the application.
- After payment, fill the form carefully, and print the Admission Letter.
- Applicants are expected to visit the nearest study Centre for screening.
Note: Please take note that applying for the National Open University of Nigeria is done entirely online and electronic and operates 24-hours a day, which means, you can apply anytime from the comfort of your home. You are to fill the National Open University Admission Application form online.
Also, fields marked with a red star are compulsory.
You can always confide in us for the latest information on scholarships and various career opportunities around the world, every moment. All you need to do is to always visit us at www.jobreaders.org. or subscribe to our free email newsletter for notifications on the latest update.