National Open University of Nigeria application forms for admission into Certificate, Diploma, Undergraduate, Post Graduate Diploma, Master’s Degree, and Doctor of Philosophy Programs for the 2021/2022 Academic Session is NOW ONGOING.
The sales of NOUN admission forms for the 2021/2022 admission was recently announced by the management of the Institution. The admission procedure has been simplified by the management.
A lot of people are confused as to how to apply for NOUN Admission, we have come up with an easy way for interested candidates on how they can easily apply for NOUN.
What are the admission requirements for various programs in the NOUN?
Candidates seeking admissions into various programs in NOUN must have the minimum entry requirement as follows;
What are the requirements for Certificate Programs?
a) Proficiency Certificate Programs
No previous experience or qualification is necessary. The ability to read and write will be an advantage.
Breaking! Start Getting current updates on profitable skills, and top career opportunities with Jobreaders.org - Click Here to Subscribe Free.
Candidates for Proficiency Certificates will NOT be qualified to proceed to Certificates / Diploma programs without possessing the requisite basic qualifications.
b) University (Academic) Certificate Programs
- Junior Secondary School Certificate.
- Minimum of 2 credits in SSCE / GCE ‘O’ Level, NECO, NABTEB, and at not more than two sittings.
- T.C II with at least 2 merits at not more than two sittings.
- Mature candidates of 30 years and above with relevant work experience of not less than 10 years or evidence of prior knowledge/proficiency in a relevant field may be considered on their merit.
- I’dadiyah Certificate of Standard Islamiyyah School.
What are the requirements for Diploma Programs?
- A minimum of three credits in SSCE / GCE ‘O’ Level, NECO, and NABTEB at not more than two sittings with at least a pass in English Language.
- A minimum of three merits in Teacher Grade II Certificate at not more than two sittings.
- Senior Islamic School Certificate / Higher Islamiyyah Certificate including Arabic and Islamic Studies
- Thanawiyyah Certificate of Standard Islamiyyah School.
- NOUN Academic Certificate and Certificates of other recognized institutions.
To proceed to the appropriate degree program of NOUN, holders of Diploma Certificates would be required to make up any deficiencies in their SSCE / GCE, NECO, NABTEB, and T.C II.
What are the requirements for undergraduate application into NOUN programs?
Applicants for undergraduate programs are expected to have a minimum of 5 O-level credits including mathematics and English language.
Additional requirements might be applied for some programs and this can be viewed after selecting the Program and entry-level at the faculty’s admission page.
Applicants are expected to fill the details properly before submission.
All payments at every step are expected to be completed before proceeding.
The applicant’s area is expected to go to the screening centers with valid documents including proof of payments.
What are the requirements for post-graduate applicants into the NOUN?
- To qualify for the admission for a post-graduate program in the NOUN, candidates must have 5 0-level credit passes including mathematics and English language. Though some programs accept a pass in mathematics.
- For postgraduate diploma programs, candidates are expected to possess either a minimum of pass Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized university, approved by the NOUN or a Higher National Diploma with a minimum of lower credit. For a postgraduate diploma in Legislative Drafting, the candidate must have been called to the Bar. Also, for admission into the school of business and human resource management postgraduate Diploma programs, candidates with professional qualifications such as ACA, ACIS, ACIB, ASCII, ACIA, etc., may be considered on individual merit.
What are the requirements for a master’s degree?
For master’s degree programs, candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of second class lower in the relevant field of study from a university recognized by the senate of the NOUN.
However, holders of lower classification with a minimum of two years of relevant post-qualification experience may be considered on individual merit or a Higher National Diploma with a minimum of upper credit in the relevant fields of study.
Candidates with membership certificates of relevant professional bodies may apply for the masters of business (MDA) program.
What are the requirements for a Doctor of philosophy?
For the Doctor of Philosophy Degree programs, candidates must possess a master’s degree in relevant fields of study from the university recognized by the senate of the NOUN with a minimum score average of not less than 60% or Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 5- point scale preference.
What is the List of courses offered in the NOUN?
- Agricultural extension and management
- Agricultural science and education.
- Business education
- Communication theology
- Computer science
- Conflict and peace resolution
- Cooperative management
- Criminology and security studies
- Data management
- Early childhood education
- Education and biology
- Education and chemistry
- Education and English language
- Education and French
- Education and integrated science
- Education and mathematics
- Education and physics
- English language
- Entrepreneurship and business management
- Environmental science resources management
- French and international relations
- Hotel and catering management
- Hotel and tourism management
- Islamic studies
- Mass communication.
- Mathematics with computer science
- Nursing and nursing science
- Peace and development studies
- Primary education studies
- Public administration
- Public health science
- Shipping and maritime technology
- Tourism studies
How can I apply for the NOUN admission 2021/2022?
- Visit the school’s website address http://www.nouonline.net/
- Select either the Undergraduate Program, diploma program, certificate program, or Postgraduate Program. Another program is not available at the moment
- Select Faculty, program of study, and level (Note: postgraduate level is preset).
- Apply after payment of a fixed compulsory non-refundable fee to proceed with the application.
- After payment, fill the form carefully, and print the Admission Letter.
- Applicants are expected to visit the nearest study Centre for screening.
Note: Please take note that applying for the National Open University of Nigeria is done entirely online and electronic and operates 24-hours a day, which means, you can apply anytime from the comfort of your home. You are to fill the National Open University Admission Application form online. Also, fields marked with a red star are compulsory.