The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) COVID-19 Innovation Challenge is one of the many Nigeria’s responses to the global pandemic and an opportunity for the innovative candidates that are to compete for the rewards listed in this category.
In this post, you will learn who is eligible for the programme and how to apply for the innovative challenge. We encourage you to subscribe to our free Email Newsletter, and also join our Telegram channel for updates on current domestic and global career opportunities, from Jobreaders. However, you are to learn more about the NITDA Covid-19 innovation challenge.
About the Programme
The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) COVID-19 Innovation Challenge is an initiative of the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) aimed at identifying and showcasing innovative technology that will contain the pandemic, cushion the effects of the pandemic, create awareness on measures to prevent the spread, engage stakeholders in discussion as well as point Nigerians to educative tools to engage with during the lockdown period. Nigeria COVID-19 Innovation Challenge is open to Nigerians both at home and in the diaspora.
Opportunity For You : Are You Searching for a Legitimate Income Stream (in Dollars)?
Our primary goal at Jobreaders.org is to help you learn profitable skills; to properly position you for global career opportunities that will transform your life.
As a mother, father, student or that 9-5 person who's searching for extra (passive) income, here is an opportunity to boost your income
Are you ready to learn? Let's teach you proven ways you can earn sustainable income in a stable currency This method has been used by so many students, to raise funds for their studies abroad; or take quality care of their needs
Both the younger and older people can learn this skills, and be earning strong income from any country of the world.
Now, Let's proceed with the content of this blog post. Don't forget that at Joreaders, our mission is to connect you with high-paying skills and rare global career opportunities.
The initiative consists of the following components
- Nigeria COVID-19 Innovation Challenge
- Educative tool
- Innovative Technology
- Startup Interactive Forum
- To mitigate the health and social impacts of COVID-19 in Nigeria using innovative technologies.
The challenge will deliver on the following (more detailed objectives)
- Showcase relevant innovative technologies developed by Nigerians towards COVID-19 and similar future pandemics.
- Facilitate and enhance processes along the prevention-detection-treatment value chain of COVID-19.
- Cushion the financial and social impact of COVID-19 during and after the pandemic in Nigeria and possibly beyond.
Nigeria COVID-19 Innovation Challenge
This will be implemented in partnership with the government and private sector. Participants are allowed to express creativity within their business case and are encouraged to develop unique solutions with an emphasis on using the latest technology.
Requirements for Innovation Challenge
- Submission of form before the deadline
- 2 minutes video of products/services
- Each participating team is responsible for whatever hardware and/or software they believe they need to participate (e.g. programming application, laptops, phones, etc), including any necessary chargers.
- Individuals may register. They will be placed with a team that complements their skills and background. Teams with female members are preferred.
- Each team will be attached to a mentor to enable them to conclude the 48-hour hack. Three champion teams will be identified at the end.
- It is expected that teams will build working applications, proofs of concept, or prototypes, as well as presentation materials, to explain, pitch, and present the application.
- Teams can consist of two to three members, and at least one member must be female.
- All teams should have any two of the following: graphics designer, software developer, and a business developer.
- All teams should have a team name.
- The Innovation Challenge organisers have the right at their sole discretion to determine whether an entrant is eligible for the contest.
FIRST POSITION: ₦1M
SECOND POSITION: ₦750K
THIRD POSITION: ₦500K
NOTE: HALF OF THE CASH PRIZE WILL GO TOWARDS INCUBATING THE PRODUCT
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should visit https://nigeriacovid19.futurehack.ng/