The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) COVID-19 Innovation Challenge is one of the many Nigeria’s responses to the global pandemic and an opportunity for the innovative candidates that are to compete for the rewards listed in this category.
In this post, you will learn who is eligible for the programme and how to apply for the innovative challenge. We encourage you to subscribe to our free Email Newsletter, and also join our Telegram channel for updates on current domestic and global career opportunities, from Jobreaders. However, you are to learn more about the NITDA Covid-19 innovation challenge.
About the Programme
The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) COVID-19 Innovation Challenge is an initiative of the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) aimed at identifying and showcasing innovative technology that will contain the pandemic, cushion the effects of the pandemic, create awareness on measures to prevent the spread, engage stakeholders in discussion as well as point Nigerians to educative tools to engage with during the lockdown period. Nigeria COVID-19 Innovation Challenge is open to Nigerians both at home and in the diaspora.
The initiative consists of the following components
- Nigeria COVID-19 Innovation Challenge
- Educative tool
- Innovative Technology
- Startup Interactive Forum
- To mitigate the health and social impacts of COVID-19 in Nigeria using innovative technologies.
The challenge will deliver on the following (more detailed objectives)
- Showcase relevant innovative technologies developed by Nigerians towards COVID-19 and similar future pandemics.
- Facilitate and enhance processes along the prevention-detection-treatment value chain of COVID-19.
- Cushion the financial and social impact of COVID-19 during and after the pandemic in Nigeria and possibly beyond.
Nigeria COVID-19 Innovation Challenge
This will be implemented in partnership with the government and private sector. Participants are allowed to express creativity within their business case and are encouraged to develop unique solutions with an emphasis on using the latest technology.
Requirements for Innovation Challenge
- Submission of form before the deadline
- 2 minutes video of products/services
- Each participating team is responsible for whatever hardware and/or software they believe they need to participate (e.g. programming application, laptops, phones, etc), including any necessary chargers.
- Individuals may register. They will be placed with a team that complements their skills and background. Teams with female members are preferred.
- Each team will be attached to a mentor to enable them to conclude the 48-hour hack. Three champion teams will be identified at the end.
- It is expected that teams will build working applications, proofs of concept, or prototypes, as well as presentation materials, to explain, pitch, and present the application.
- Teams can consist of two to three members, and at least one member must be female.
- All teams should have any two of the following: graphics designer, software developer, and a business developer.
- All teams should have a team name.
- The Innovation Challenge organisers have the right at their sole discretion to determine whether an entrant is eligible for the contest.
FIRST POSITION: ₦1M
SECOND POSITION: ₦750K
THIRD POSITION: ₦500K
NOTE: HALF OF THE CASH PRIZE WILL GO TOWARDS INCUBATING THE PRODUCT
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should visit https://nigeriacovid19.futurehack.ng/
- Nigerian Police Force Recruitment 2020 | Call for Profile Update - August 1, 2020
- 20 Best Boarding Schools in North Carolina NC | Ranking - July 28, 2020
- N150k NPDC/SEPLAT Scholarship 2020 for Nigerians| How to Apply - July 26, 2020