Nurturing Brilliance Cummings Scholarship is internationally known for developing the academic lives of many students. Such a scholarship is geared towards Human Capacity Development, and that is why it is essential for you in your academic field.
In this post, you will learn what the scholarship is about and the requirements.
Read through carefully to be knowledgeable of the pertinent details needed.
It is important that as an undergraduate that you are informed with the right informative details to help drive your decisions on your scholarship application.
Before diving into the Nurturing Brilliance Cummings Scholarship, let’s have a view about the foundation that offers the scholarship and its aims.
Knowing the foundation of any corporate institution is necessary to help you align with their mission goals.
Nurturing Brilliance Cummings Scholarship Foundation
The Cummins foundation is located in India, and they are known for their great feats of assistance to their communities.
The Cummins India Foundation (CIF) was founded in 1990 as an independent legal entity.
They have been geared positively towards Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and this has been extended towards all areas where they are located.
They have three (3) key focus areas in their CSR and that is in the areas of Higher Education, Energy and Environment, and Equality of Opportunity.
The Cummins India foundation financially sponsors these key areas under their CSR.
Working hand in hand with other corporations and Non-governmental organizations has aided the Cummins foundation to achieve multiple results in their CSR.
They have a mission which is “Making people’s lives better by powering a more prosperous world” and they achieve these goals through:
- Creating sustainable wealth for all our stakeholders – both within and outside Cummins
- motivating and empowering their employees to be engaged in improving the communities to make them better places to live and work
- By creating an atmosphere of trust and collaboration by partnering with stakeholders to drive improvement
- Identifying global priorities that apply across communities and use the global reach of Cummins to leverage efforts in these areas
Subscribe to the Jobreaders newsletter for amazing updates needed in your academic journey.
Nurturing Brilliance Cummings scholarship
Cummins India Foundation (CIF) initiated the ‘Nurturing Brilliance Cummins Scholarship Program’ in the Year 2006 for meritorious students from financially and socially disadvantaged backgrounds to pursue a professional degree and diploma courses.
Through this medium, the CIF has given scholarships and trained up to 1539 students.
How do I know if I am eligible to apply for the Nurturing Brilliance Cummings scholarship 2021?
This is a question you need to ask yourself as you approach the idea of applying for the Nurturing Brilliance Cummings scholarship 2021.
Here is a list of things that will help you confirm if you are eligible:
- You should be a student currently pursuing a professional degree/diploma in Engineering at an educational institute recognized by the University Grants Commission / Central / State Government or you have attained a minimum of 60% marks in your senior secondary exam or higher secondary exam and have been admitted for further studies in the specified courses.
- You must have obtained a minimum of 60 % in the previous exams of the course you are studying in.
- Age is of high importance. Your age as a candidate should not exceed 25 years. Preferential treatment will be given to 1st / 2nd-year degree and diploma students.
- If you are a student appearing for the last year of Engineering degree/diploma and the postgraduate studies then you are not eligible for this Scholarship.
- Your total family income should not exceed ₹.3 lakhs per annum.
- This scholarship program can be availed by students currently residing/studying in and around Ahmednagar, Indore (Pithampur & Dewas), Jamshedpur, Phaltan & Pune, ONLY.
How Can I apply for the Nurturing Brilliance Cummings scholarship 2021?
Applying for the Scholarship program is easy. Simply follow the steps below for easy application:
- Follow the instructions regarding the eligibility
- Visit the official website
- After registration, You can log in with a username and password
- You will be redirected to a 6-step form
- Then fill in the important details in the right field spaces
- Send the application form.
- Do not forget to print the completed application form for future reference.
Your registration must be complete. If it is not, you will not be accepted, neither will your application be looked into.
Check out this official link for your application: https://nurturingbrilliance.org/
Why should I go for Nurturing Brilliance Cummings scholarship 2021?
The Nurturing Brilliance Cummings scholarship has many great benefits that can boost you in your professional career.
While on the scholarship you are entitled to some amazing benefits such as:
- Free admission fees
- Free Complete tuition fees payment
- Stationary expenses of up to Rs 1500 per semester
- Exposure to a network of leaders in powerful industries in the world
But in every company, there is a capacity of things they can offer to people who are beneficiaries of their CSR.
Here are some of the aspects The Nurturing Brilliance Cummings scholarship won’t offer you:
- Private tuition fee.
- The cost of accommodation such as a hostel and transportation
Related Post: 2020 Prudential Spirit of Community Award Scholarship.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Which expenses are covered under the Scholarship?
A: There are set expenses covered by the CIF to help you. These expenses are admission, tuition fees, and stationery fees of up to 1,500 per semester.
Q: Which expenses are not covered under the scholarship?
A: Private tuition fees, expenses for accommodation like Hostel, mess, transport, bus expenses, Canteen or cafeteria charges, Deposits [whether refundable/ non-refundable] or caution money demanded by the Educational Institution.
Q: What is the duration of the Nurturing Brilliance Cummings Scholarship 2021?
A: As a beneficiary, you are entitled to receive the scholarship for a whole year as long as you maintain your minimum aggregate grade of 60% each academic year.
Q: Do I need to repay the Scholarship amount or execute a bond with the Foundation?
A: As a beneficiary, you don’t need to pay back the scholarship when you are done.
The scholarship was designed to help you through difficult moments in your academic life.
Q: What is the age requirement for the Nurturing Brilliance Cummings scholarship?
A: The age requirement is 25 and below. If you are above 25, your application won’t be accepted.