Here are the application details for the 2020/2021 PTDF Postgraduate Scholarship into top German, French, and Chinese Universities are ongoing for Nigerians who wish to complete their Master’s and PhD programmes.
The specific programmes under this scholarship available for the 2020/2021 session include;
Oil & Gas related
Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF)
Country to Study
Germany, France and China
The 2020/2021 PTDF Strategic Partnerships Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is a Federal government agency whose purpose is to develop indigenous human resources and technology to improve the oil and gas industry.
PTDF aims to provide conducive work environments, opportunities to experience new cultures, top-notch research facilities and language classes to enable selected candidates to fit in stressless.
Under this Scheme, candidates are encouraged to apply through PTDF for specific programmes. Selected candidates will be granted scholarships to study any oil and gas related course at top universities in Germany, France and China.
World-class research facilities and English-taught classes have been made available in a bid to ensure students learn conductively and settle comfortably into their new environment.
How to Apply for 2020/2021 PTDF Strategic Partnerships Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship
It is important to note that PTDF will be responsible for obtaining admissions for the candidates to their selected programmes, but candidates must apply by themselves.
Also, only outstanding candidates across the board will be chosen as the PTDF Scholarships are highly competitive, and a selection committee has been set up to screen applications.
Students who wish to apply for the for 2020/2021 PTDF Strategic Partnerships Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship are supposed to have passed through series of study levels and also be in possession of the following:
- Full academic transcripts
- Academic merit as evidenced by the quality of degrees
- Other professional qualifications acquired
- Relevant publications to be referenced by the applicant (PhD applicants only)
- Membership of professional bodies
- The viability of the study/research plan.
Requirements for PTDF Strategic Partnerships Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Application
– Scholarship statements should be submitted by the applicant (maximum 500 words) stating the reason(s) they want to undertake the course.
Tips: The scholarship essay should the relevance of the proposed research to the industry, and it’s expected impact on national development.
- A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) qualification in their first degree or a Second Class Lower (2.2) with relevant industry experience
- Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC)
- Must be computer literate
- Possession of 5 O/level credits, including English Language
Requirements for For PhD
- – Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC)
- – Must be computer literate
- – A minimum of Second Class Lower (2.2) in their first degree and a good second-degree certificate
- – Must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than five pages) to include: Topic, introduction, objective, methodology and mode of data collection
- -Applicants must also include their master’s degree project
Who is Eligible to Apply for 2020/2021 PTDF Strategic Partnerships Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship?
– Citizens of Nigeria
– Approved institutions in Germany, France and China
Fields of study:
Candidates may select up to three different courses (1st, 2nd and 3rd choice) in any country or university, but are not to contact the schools directly for admissions as they will be placed in relevant universities by the PTDF.
The number of awards
As at the time of presenting this article, the Number of scholarships to be awarded by the for 2020/2021 PTDF Strategic Partnerships Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship, is yet to be specified.
The scholarship will take care of two years for Masters courses and three years for PhD courses
Benefits of the 2020/2021 PTDF Strategic Partnerships Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship
The award includes the provision of flight tickets, payment of health insurance, payment of school fees and their bench fees. Although the bench fees are paid where applicable.
These fundsm, as well as the provision of allowances are included, with the costs of accommodation and living expenses.
The programmes will also include language classes to help selected candidates settle into their new environments.
Method of Application:
The official website for the 2020/2021 PTDF Strategic Partnerships Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship www.ptdf.flexisaf.com.
For clarity, we advise all the applicants to use the official portal below, to learn more about the criterias and latest application guidelines.
To stand ready for the application, students are informed to to scan copies of the following documents and attach to their online application forms:
- – Certificate or Statement of Result (for the First Degree)
- – NYSC Certificate/the Equivalent
- – The WAEC/NECO or their equivalence ( with result checking PINs)
- – Recent Passport Photograph
- – Local Government Identification Letter
- – Master’s Degree Certificate (for the PhD Applicants )
- – Candidates’ Evidence of membership of professional associations
Important Notice for All Applicants
– The 2020 portal requires that applicants must have a National Identity Number (NIN).
– All PhD Candidates can only apply provided. Although for those whose schools are included in the PTDF list below.
– Previous beneficiaries should not apply. Unless otherwise stated.
– If you have higher degree, please do not apply for this scholarship in 2020
– Transcript may be required after your success from the first two screening processes.
What is the APplication Deadline for the 2020/2021 PTDF Strategic Partnerships Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship
The last month for the scholarship submission is February 2020.Meanwhile, all documents submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Upon visit to the official website as seen on the image above, you either have to create your new account, or sign up to start the scholarship application.