Palmetto University scholarship is an online bachelor’s completion program at the University of South Carolina system. What else you need to know about this scholarship?
The institution is made up of the four two-year degree-granting institutions of the USC system: USC Lancaster, USC Salkehatchie, USC Sumter, USC Union
One of the major goals of Palmetto University is to make USC college academics very simple and accessible by students.
This can be done through online learning programs and two-year campuses throughout the state.
Given students the privilege to study from home, work, or wherever in the world without having to relocate to the state. Don’t you think that’s very simple and easy?
The Palmetto University Scholarship award amount is determined each year by the South Carolina General Assembly. Presently, different awards are given to students:
- USC Columbia freshmen receive $6,700
- Sophomores, juniors, and seniors receive $7,500
General Eligibility for Palmetto University Scholarship
Are you wondering if you are eligible for this scholarship? Anyways, I have a list of general eligibility status you must possess before you can get qualified for this institution.
- The applicants must be a US-based citizen who has a Legal Permanent Resident
- You must be free from criminal records
- You must not have second or subsequent alcohol/drug misdemeanors
- The applicants must not be in default of any state or federal loans
- Must enroll in a degree-seeking program at an eligible South Carolina institution
- This part is very important that you follow the terms and conditions of this institution
I’m a freshman, am I eligible?
As a freshman, you have nothing to worry about. Why? Because the Palmetto university has got applications for everyone.
All you need do now is to check out the list of eligibility status for your category.
- Rank in the top 6% at the end of the 10th, the 11th, or the 12th-grade academic year
- Rank can be used as an eligibility requirement for those schools/home school associations that have an official policy on the rank that has been reviewed by the SC Commission on Higher Education for compliance with the established Palmetto Fellows Scholarship Regulations.
- Earn 1200 (math and critical reading only) on the SAT or 27 on the ACT (through the June test administration of the graduating year)
- Earn a 3.5 cumulative GPA (based on the S.C. Uniform Grading Policy)
This is according to the official website for Palmetto University… the eligibility status is divided into two.
Visit here to access the second phase to be eligible for the Palmetto University Scholarship.
Are you a transfer student curious if you are eligible?
The process also extends its hands to the transfer students:
- For transfer students, you must meet all general eligibility requirements.
- Also, as an applicant, you must request a transfer of your Palmetto Fellows through the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education.
Can a continuing student apply for the Palmetto University?
Yes! You can. Furthermore, you have some requirements you have to meet before you can be qualified to apply:
- You must meet all general eligibility requirements
- You must also meet additional renewal requirements, including your GPA and how many credit hours you earn each academic year
Does Palmetto University offer financial aid?
Oh Yes! Palmetto University scholarship offers different kinds of financial aids to its students
Some of these financial aids are:
Please kindly visit those links above to get more information on these financial aids.