(PTDF) Scholarship For PhD Students.
(PTDF) Scholarship For PhD Students.
(PTDF) Scholarships for PhD Students is ongoing. Are you interested in applying for it, then these are the guidelines for the application…Apply Now…
Why (PTDF) Scholarships For PhD Students
The (PTDF) Scholarships for PhD Students is funded by the Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) and the Federal Government agency with the mandate of developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for (PTDF) Scholarships for PhD Students to study Overseas MSc and PhD Scholarships to institutions under its UK strategic partnership initiative. Successful candidates will be awarded scholarships to study in UK commencing in the 2020/2021 academic session. This post focuses on (PTDF) Scholarships for PhD Students and what you need to know about PhD Scholarship Application.
- About Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF)
- PTDF PhD Scholarship
- Aim and Benefits of PTDF PhD Scholarship
- Requirements for PTDF PhD Scholarship Qualification
- Documents Required for Application
- Application Deadline
- How to Apply
About (PTDF) Scholarships For PhD Students
(PTDF) Scholarships for PhD Students was created with the commitment focused on development, promotion and implementation of petroleum technology and manpower development through research and training of Nigerians as graduates, professionals, technicians and craftsmen in the fields of engineering, geology, geosciences, management, economics and relevant fields in the petroleum and solid minerals industry in Nigeria or abroad. The (PTDF) Scholarships for PhD Students is an overseas scholarship scheme. It is part of an annual programme for MSc and PhD studies. It is aimed at providing Nigerian students with the intellectual foundation and skill-sets that will enable then to compete globally. you may want to find out more about (PTDF) Scholarships for PhD Students and other PhD Scholarships opportunities.
Subscribe for scholarship alert: http://www.jobreaders.org
(PTDF) Scholarships for PhD Students is going on. do you want to be among the first to know whenever (PTDF) Scholarships for PhD Students is on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button on this Website…
The Nature Of (PTDF) Scholarships For PhD Students
Organization: Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF)
Country to study: United Kingdom
School to study: Not Specified
Course to study: Not specified
State of Origin:
Gender: Men and Women
Application Deadline: February 17, 2020
Aim and Benefits of (PTDF) Scholarships For PhD Students
The award of (PTDF) Scholarships for PhD Students includes the provision of flight tickets, payment of health insurance, payment of tuition and bench fees (where applicable) as well as the provision of allowances to meet the costs of accommodation and living expenses. enrolling for the (PTDF) Scholarships for PhD Students will be of great help for you to also pursue your career goals. The (PTDF) Scholarships for PhD Students will give this award to outstanding candidates.
Requirements Qualification for (PTDF) Scholarships for PhD Students
- Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC)
- Must be computer literate
- A minimum of Second Class Lower (2.2) in their first degree and a good second-degree certificate;
- Must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than 5 pages) to include: Topic, introduction, objective, methodology and mode of data collection (sample template of the proposal is available on our Scholarship Management Portal scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng);
- Applicants must also include their master’s degree project
- Most people search for:
- Documents Required for Application
- Applicants are advised to scan copies of the following documents and upload to their online application:
- First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result
- NYSC discharge certificate
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO results
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Master’s Degree Certificate
- Evidence of membership of professional associations
Application Deadline For (PTDF) Scholarships for PhD Students : February 17, 2020
How To Apply For (PTDF) Scholarships For PhD Students
Under this scheme, candidates are invited to apply through (PTDF) Scholarships for PhD Student and to specific programmes at the partner institutions in any of the countries (full list of sponsored courses is available at this website www.ptdf.gov.ng
Important Notes About (PTDF) Scholarships For PhD Students
- Applicants must have a National Identity Number (NIN) before applying for the scholarship. Applicants are also expected to verify their NIN before completing the application. (Charges may apply).
- Ongoing PhD Candidates could only apply provided their Universities are among the PTDF Partnership Universities as listed above;
- Candidates who have benefitted from any of the PTDF scholarships in the past cannot apply for the same type of programme, except a higher programme;
- Candidates who are in possession of a higher degree cannot apply for the same type of programme
- Candidates who are beneficiaries of any other scholarship need not apply;
- Candidates who successfully scale through the first round of screening will be requested to submit their transcripts; all applicants are therefore advised to prepare their transcripts for submission in anticipation of such a request.
For more details, visit the PTDF Scholarship website
It is of great concern that many do not have the right information about PhD scholarship. This has put many in difficult situations on how to search for a scholarship on PhD. Therefore, we bring you the needed information you have been craving for. The following are what you need to know about PhD Scholarship Application. Please read carefully to avoid any mistakes in the future.
What Do I Need To Know About PhD Application
The process of doing a PhD is often described as challenging. Financially speaking, it will, of course, be even more challenging if you do not have sufficient funding to pursue it and have to earn a living while trying to bring your contribution to innovation and discoveries. In this case, an option is to apply for a PhD scholarship or other types of funding. Find an answer to how you can get a scholarship for a PhD.
Types of PhD Scholarships
It is important to remember that there are different types of scholarships available. Some are provided directly by a research department recruiting doctoral candidates, some by universities. There are many doctoral candidates at European universities that are sponsored by the governments of their countries to come and do a PhD degree.
In addition to this, there are various foundations and organizations that provide financial support to doctoral candidates. So, one of the first things you need to do is identify all these different sources of funding.
- In the UK, for instance, non-academic organizations have partnerships with local universities and provide studentships to prospective PhD candidates. These studentships are usually for four years PhD courses and offer students the opportunity to work for a few months in a local company or organization in return for a financial contribution that can be used for their research project. This kind of opportunities can sometimes become a full-time job for students.
- Other studentships are available in UK charities, but they offer awards to supervisors, who then advertise for PhD candidates, so it’s always a good idea to check them out as well.
- Several universities worldwide deliver university prize scholarships that include payment for the entire tuition fee and sometimes, cover an annual maintenance stipend and a research training support grant as well. The latter includes payment for conferences, books, consumables and equipment. However, you should know that university prizes are highly competitive so you have to read requirements carefully and be very realistic about your chances of receiving one.
- Switzerland provides a large number of scholarships for PhD students, including internationals. The Swiss government offers research scholarships for all disciplines, and they are available in all types of higher educational institutions in the country: cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences and the two federal institutes of technology.
Check www.jobreaders.org which provides you with information on various scholarships opportunities available in your discipline in various European universities and around the world.
Useful Tips That Can Help You Find a Scholarship
- Regularly check university websites and look for scholarships or studentships or contact the student services and ask if there are any available.
- Look for research grants in your field that could lead to future studentships.
- Verify what governments, national charities or other organisations might offer in terms of scholarships and funding for higher education studies.
Carefully Check the Details of Your Phd Application
During your application for a PhD programme, it is important to check all the details and make sure to fulfill all the requirements. Depending on each university and the specific scholarship programme, the competition among applicants can be quite tough. But do not be discouraged!
As always, when preparing your scholarship application, you need to try to evaluate it critically from the perspective of the people who will be reading it. In essence, research departments are looking for people with a strong academic background who would be able to successfully conduct a long-term research project and contribute to the research field. So make sure you read the scholarship requirements carefully and explain clearly how you meet the requirements in your application letter.
How to Use Www.Jobreaders.Org
- Go to jobreaders.org and select the country where you want to pursue your PhD studies.
- Select the type of degree on the “Scholarships” orange icon from the top of the page.
The information about each scholarship on the website generally includes a detailed description, the benefits for a scholarship holder and the explanation of the application process. In the tab “Detailed description” for each programme, you can find the contact details of the institution awarding a scholarship, so you will be able to contact them directly to learn more about the application process.
You can also search for our Job Readers Scholarship Category. It’s open to all students who plan to go abroad for their studies, including those interested in a PhD, like you. Check the admission requirements and apply for these opportunities.
On the other hand, many people do not know how to get PhD funding, how much does a PhD cost? Living costs and opportunity costs, and Career prospects with a PhD. Have you had this problem before? Then, never doubt because the answers to your questions are detailed out here.
How Do I Get Phd Funding?
According to Professor Daniel Drezner of Tufts University, he once said and I quote, “Should you get a PhD? Only if you are crazy or crazy about your subject” If you fit one of those two categories, you’ll no doubt be keen to find out how to finance your mad endeavor and reach you desired expectations. Therefore, we are giving you a quick guide to getting PhD funding and many other questions you might be worried about, especially the above tags that will be addressed here. Read carefully to find out how to get you mad endeavor done and dusted.
How Much Does a PhD Cost?
First things first, how much does a PhD cost? Here, the answer varies considerably by country. In the UK, being a self-funded PhD student can be an expensive undertaking, with an annual tuition bill of approximately £3,000 to £6,000 (about US$3,800-7,670) for domestic students and up to £18,000 ($23,000) for international students for the first three years.
In the US, the price tag for a PhD is even higher, ranging from US$28,000 to US$40,000 per year. In Germany, on the other hand, PhD students face no tuition fees at all, aside from a nominal semester contribution of €250 (~US$320).
Before some of these high figures deter you, be reassured that there are many PhD funding opportunities available; few PhD students are self-funded.
What About Phd Funding From National Research Councils
In the UK, PhD funding is provided via seven research councils, each covering a specific academic sector. Across Europe, such funding is offered by the European Research Council. Both the US and Canada have the equivalent in their National Research Councils, which give financial support to students either individually, via scholarships, or for funded research projects, via a research group or department.
Phd Funding From Universities
Most universities provide substantial scholarships, studentships and other PhD funding opportunities. These schemes typically cover the cost for a good proportion of the annual tuition fees, if not more. Universities often also provide some funding for doctoral students to cover the costs of field trips and conference attendance.
A further means to fund a PhD is by obtaining a PhD position, sometimes also called PhD studentships or assistantships. These are essentially jobs tied to the PhD program, involving work in teaching, research or both. This is an ideal way to support your research, while being involved in a larger, often team-based, funded research project and gaining work experience.
What Are The Living Costs And Opportunity Costs Of Phd Scholarship Programme
Other costs to be considered when calculating PhD funding are living costs and opportunity costs. Living expenses will of course vary significantly by country and city. Studying in Paris (France) or Oslo (Norway) will likely incur a substantially higher annual cost than completing a PhD in Bangkok (Thailand), for example.
In addition, opportunity costs can be high. Unlike a master’s degree, which usually takes just one or two years full-time, a PhD demands a markedly higher time investment – most programs require an absolute minimum of three years, and some require five to six, depending on the country.
During this time, full-time employment is possible only if it is in relation to the PhD program itself. Some may opt to continue working and attempt to complete a PhD part-time – but this has proven to be exceptionally challenging; some studies suggest that drop-out rates for part-time PhDs are as high as 66 percent.
What Are The Career Prospects With A Phd
But while this might all sound daunting, there are considerable benefits and advantages to getting a PhD. In other words: the prospects for careers with a PhD are good. While entry-level salaries may not be considerably higher compared to those for master’s graduates, those with a PhD do have better long-term prospects for faster career- and pay-scale advancements. And a growing number of PhD students consider a post-doc life outside of academia.
There has been a clear trend in non-academic employers (such as consultancies, think tanks, media and others) increasingly valuing not only the specialist knowledge of PhD graduates but also their maturity and soft skills. Attributes valued by PhD employers across a wide range of industries include diligence, research abilities, focus, discipline, presentation skills and the demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to a deadline.
For all those aspiring doctoral students who aim to have a quick return on their investment, a word of caution: the benefits of a PhD are not to be had in the fast lane. The value of a PhD qualification is to be found in the long-term benefits it brings, financially, professionally and intellectually. It is a labor of love, and, as we know there is always some madness in love, but for those with realistic expectations and the discipline and tenacity to complete this highest of academic degrees, it is a tremendously rewarding experience, in more ways than one.
Summary About (PTDF) Scholarships for PhD Students
Now that you have been fully informed on what you need to know about this (PTDF) Scholarships for PhD Students and other scholarship opportunities, i urge you to prepare yourself very well because the scholarship will be awarded only to outstanding candidates. its time for you to burn your midnight candle and deny yourself every form of distractions and video games. wish you the best of lucks…
Most People Also Search For:
Related Scholarship Opportunities:
- 7082+ Ongoing 2020/2021 Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- 2020-2021 Nigerian Government Scholarships for Nigerians
- 2020 Scholarships For International Students In The UK
- 20+ Fully Funded Scholarships for International Students
- 2020 Goethe Goes Global-Master Scholarship In Germany