Searching for Scholarships? These scholarships in Belgium for International Students will be a great move for your dream courses. You can also apply, following the respective criteria listed below:
It is no longer a thing of the new; the rate at which Nigerians sort for foreign scholarships. These by so many have been based on different motives/agenda.
But our business today is not to talk on why but rather on the available, numerous and existing scholarships for both Undergraduates and Graduates.
Scholarship Programmes of all kinds exist but only the informed know about it and how to source for it.
However, the one good way to stay abreast of the latest scholarship programmes of all kinds is to subscribe to the email broadcasting channel, using the box at the bottom of this article.
Today we shall be discussing and listing the various scholarship programmes available in Belgium. Belgium being our focal point on today’s article; her universities (Belgian Universities) are ranked among the top 100 best universities in the world.
The Belgian government as part of her contribution to Development Corporation, offers scholarships to foreign students; mostly from developing countries who wish to study in Belgium.
Below is a list of all the available scholarships and a brief detail about each but you can also check https://jobreaders.org/scholarships-in-belgium-for-international-students-2/
The VLIR-UOS Training Scholarship
This scholarship is offered to students from selected developing countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America to engage in a Training or Master’s Programme associated with development at Belgian Universities. It is currently ongoing and the deadline is 1st March, 2021
The scholarship includes: travel cost, tuition fee, accommodation, allowance and other program-related costs(OPRC). In our list of scholarships in Belgium for International Students, this is not the best and as such there are other free scholarships from other countries.
And it should be known, and this list does not obey any rule. It is just an information based compilation for students who wish to go for their degrees in Belgium.
We claim to keep your intentions private because, in most developing and underdeveloped nations, there is obvious lack or insufficient facilities for students.
These scholarship opportunities now become the open end for students who cannot afford their degrees. for more information visit the school’s website https://www.vliruos.be/en/open_calls/23
Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships for International Students
This is a new scholarship launched by the government of Flanders Education. It awards approximately 35 scholarships to exceptional Master’s students from all countries. Each awardee is offered a maximum €7,500 per academic year. Deadline: before 30 Apr 2021 (annual).
The Flemish host institution can ask the candidate for a €100 tuition fee per year. Erasmus Mundus Programme in the Wallonia –Brussels Federation: this offers study grants to Master’s and Doctorate Degrees student at the Belgian Universities.
The amount of money spent by this scholarship scheme is one of the reasons it has become more competitive among students than what we have in the past. there other masters scholarships especially in California.
Note: For links and application guide, you can hear from us using the comment section.
You can also be part of our online Community for subsequent updates about these scholarship opportunities for international students. visit the website https://www.studyinflanders.be/scholarships/master-mind-scholarships
Science at Leuven Scholarship for International Students
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven in Belgium scholarship is only for students who wish to pursue a Master’s Programme in K.U. Leuven Faculty of Science. Deadline: 15 Feb 2021 (annual) .
The scholarship amount can be up to €10,000 per year and it also includes; tuition fee for 1(one) year, basic health insurance and a varying living expense. official website http://wet.kuleuven.be/english/scienceatleuvenscholarship
Applicants must meet and prove the following requirements:
• the applicants have not studied or worked at the University of Leuven before,
• the applicants have a bachelor degree from a foreign university that gives them access to the master programme they are applying for,
• the applicants have not yet acquired a master degree or a PhD,
• the applicants can prove having had excellent study results during their former training,
• the applicants can prove a very strong knowledge of English ( TOEFL (minimum score 94 internet-based with at least 19 for reading, 18 for Listening, 19 for speaking and 21 for writing) or IELTS (minimum score 7 overall, whilst at least 6,5 for reading, 6 for listening, 6 for speaking and 6 for writing),
• the applicants show strong motivation to follow a master programme at the Faculty of Science of the K.U.Leuven
• the applicants are willing to act as an ambassador for the programme.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT MEET ALL THE REQUIREMENTS
Ghent University Master Grants for Developing Countries
This scholarship offers Top-up grants to candidates from all countries on the OESODAC list who wish to obtain a Master’s degree at the Ghent University. It consists of an allowance of €60 per month and an all-in insurance. deadline is the 1st of March,2021.
this scholarship is for only masters and research students. for more information visit this website https://www.ugent.be/en/research/funding/devcoop/devcoop-grants.htm
Liege Heritage Foundation Scholarship for International Students
Liege University offers scholarship to both EU (European Union) and non-EU students who desire to obtain a Master’s or Doctorate degree at the University.
Education is not only for the rich and that is why these funds come up as aids for international students who seek measures of living their dreams.
In Belgium, there are thousand of Institutions that are willing to accommodate as many international students as possible, but those are only open to students who meet up the the schools’ criteria for selection.
Applying for these chances requires that the obligations be met in various aspects of the scheme, but for the sake of the copy’s scope we will wait at the comment section for your questions regarding the application time, the links and worths. for more information https://www.uliege.be/cms/c_9143317/en/scholarship-and-heritage-foundations-department
the ARES is known for its yearly Master’s degree and Training Scholarship through courses to nationals of developing countries. It offers an average of 150 slots for Masters and 70 slots for Training. deadline for this application
Deadline: 15 Jan/5 Feb 2021 (annual)
It also includes international travel expense, living allowance, tuition fee, insurance and housing allowance. official website of this application; https://www.ares-ac.be/en/cooperation-au-developpement/scholarships/masters-and-training-programmes-in-belgium
For a request to be valid, the applicant must:
- Be residing and working in her/his country of origin when she/he applys;
- Be nationals of the following countries: Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cuba, Ecuador, Ethiopia (only for training courses in English), Haiti, Madagascar, Morocco, Niger, Peru, the Philippines, the DR Congo, Rwanda, Senegal, and Vietnam;
- Be under the age of 40 for degree programs, and under 45 for training courses, at the time the training is scheduled to begin;
- Have earned a diploma comparable to a graduate-level diploma from Belgian university studies. Nevertheless, for certain training courses, different requirements may be requested, which will be specified below;
- Possess relevant professional experience in a developing country of at least two years after graduate studies, or of three years after their studies if the applicant has earned a post-grad degree from a university in an industrialized country;
- Have good mastery of written and spoken French. For training courses held in another language, it is essential to have a proper level in the course’s language, both written and spoken. We shall insist that the applicant commit to learning French in order to take part in daily life in Belgium;
- Apply for only one training course.
Applicants should not obtain prior admission to one of the Francophone universities in Belgium in order to be considered for ARES grants.
Belgian American Education Foundation Fellowships
This is strictly for citizens or permanent residents of the United States of America for a fellowship on advanced study and research during one academic year, at a Belgian university or institution of higher learning.
This scholarship scheme does not consider the race or location, so far you are eligible for the opportunities.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- While holding the BAEF Fellowship register in a graduate program ( Master’s or PhD.) at a Belgian University or higher institution.
- Submit official transcripts as evidence of outstanding Bachelor’s and Master’s degree record.
Remember, one of the facts is that one must be a permanent resident of the United States of America, irrespective of originating countries.
The B.A.E.F awards up to 10 fellowships, each carrying a stipend of $27,000 for Master’s/Ph.D. fellows and $31,000 for Postdoctoral Fellows. visit this website for more information https://baef.be/fellowships-for-americans/
These scholarships are accessible especially if you have met the requirement. students should not be in any haste while searching and applying for admissions in foreign countries; you should avoid rushing into what you are running from here.
The email box below is our tool for educating students on the latest career opportunities her and in developed countries. And we encourage you to sign up as you will be getting updates beyond scholarships.
Daily, we pass through opportunities such as these scholarships in Belgium for International students, only to realize that they are legitimate when the application deadline has passed.
Here are Jobreaders, we have you at heart, and we believe that as a youth, you can be the change that this nation clamour.
To achieve this, you need quality education, beautiful life to think of others.
But with the current economic trend of the nation, they cannot be reached, especially for students from lower-income status.
We are not just a team of students that want the best for ourselves, but you too. Make sure you subscribe free, also check your emails for updates from Jobreaders broadcast.
Valentine Nnanyere is the founder and lead instructor at Jobreaders.org, an e-Learning community that focuses on technology, profitable skills, and high-quality knowledge sharing. Nnanyere is a digital marketing consultant, website/software developer, and new media advertiser with an undiluted interest in spreading high-income knowledge and career opportunities. For business, inquiries, support and partnership, kindly mail [email protected]