Apply for the VU International Excellence Scholarship in Australia If you want to give an excellent start to your career, don’t miss this chance Victoria University (VU) is proud to support hundreds of international scholarship recipients and sponsored students.
Victoria University is a public research university based in Melbourne, Australia. It is a dual-sector tertiary institution providing courses in both higher education and Technical and Further Education.
2016 marked VU’s centenary as an educational institution and its 25th anniversary as a university.
Why Victoria University?
Victoria University has a range of externally-funded and university-funded scholarships to support students with a great range of educational programs for undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctorate levels.
Its courses for international students include vocational education and training (VET) through to undergraduate and postgraduate coursework and higher degrees by research and one can also find numerous short courses available in creative subjects.
Furthermore, the scholarship provides financial assistance during your study. Some scholarships provide a stipend that covers tuition fees and living allowances, while others provide only partial funding.
FACILITIES IN VU
Some of the facilities students will benefit from across the university’s campuses include…
At this leading sports university, students will enjoy working out. Its trainers are experienced and certified professionals. They can help students strengthen, tone, and much more
The university’s health and fitness centers provide:
- A 25m swimming pool
- Indoor sports courts
- Gyms situated in various campuses with fitness classes
- Tennis courts
- An athletics track
- Creative arts facilities
Students enjoy access to several creative arts spaces and services, including:
- Kindred Studios, which was ranked by Lonely Planet in recent years to be one of the world’s top 10 co-working spaces in the world. It offers students dedicated spaces for performance, recording, and music rehearsal, as well as a wide range of equipment.
- Its media production precinct includes a television studio with a green screen for visual effects, a radio studio, post-production labs, and backstage hair, makeup, and costume facilities.
Other general on-campus services and facilities include:
- University library
- Cafeterias and restaurants
- Student support services
The University provides a 500-bed, luxury residency in Footscray, that is situated less than 7km from the district of the central business and adjacent to the Footscray Park campus. UniLodge @ VU offers fully-furnished studio, six-bedroom, and two-bedroom apartments starting from A$193 per week.
The other features of the accommodation include:
- dining rooms, gourmet kitchens, and TV lounges
- rooftop garden and barista café
- high-tech study rooms
- pool table, table tennis, half-court basketball court, and foosball
- Cinema room with Blu-ray, cable TV, PlayStation, and Xbox.
The complex is managed by VU in collaboration with UniLodge, a major provider of student accommodation that has over 50 properties across New Zealand and Australia.
In 2019, students also have the added advantage of guaranteed accommodation at UniLodge @ VU. Visit the website for more details about guaranteed accommodation at UniLodge.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The award is available to pursue a degree program in any specialization offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Students must be enrolled a full-time study load (48 credit points in each study period)
- They must maintain a 60 Weighted Average Mark (WAM) across the two previous study periods.
- Candidates must be enrolled a full-time study load (48 credit points in each study period)
- Applicants must maintain a 60 Weighted Average Mark (WAM) across the two previous study periods.
Students must have completed their Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) in 2019 with an ATAR higher than 50.00, and be applying for entry into a Victoria University bachelor degree commencing in 2020.
VU International Excellence Scholarship information is accurate. Victoria University reserves the right to adjust eligibility requirements and conditions at any time.
Furthermore, the students can assess the scholarship eligibility after the applicant has met the course entry requirements. Qualification recognition and ranking are specified by the Australian Government’s Department for Education.
- Up to A$6000 for the first two study periods. Additionally, upon the successful completion of two semesters, the University will assess the students for an extension of the scholarship based on academic performance.
These values at $1500 per semester for the remainder of their studies. Furthermore, the total value of the scholarship is up to $15,000 for a four-year undergraduate degree.
How to Apply for VU International Excellence Scholarship
How to Apply: Interested applicants are required to enroll in the bachelor’s degree and master’s degree program at the university. No application is required for the award.
- Supporting Documents: Provide your academic transcripts, CV, and copy of passport.
- Admission Requirements: You must have a high school certificate with excellent academic achievement.
- Language Requirement: Applicants will need to provide evidence have achieved the following levels of English language proficiency:
- IELTS (academic module): Overall score of 6.5
- TOEFL Internet: Test score of 79.
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): Overall score 58-64
- University of Cambridge – Advanced (CAE): Overall score of 176.
- VU English – English for Academic Purposes (EAP) (Level 6).
Study options for VU International Excellence Scholarship
Study areas offered across VU’s colleges include…
VU rates 5 stars in the 2018 Good Universities Guide for skills development in areas including social work, humanities, and culture and social sciences.
Some of the nation’s most progressive business programs are offered at VU. The MBA offered by VU rates Tier 1 by CEO Magazine 2018.
Computers & IT
VU’s computer science discipline benefits from industry connections with global brands such as Amazon, SAP, Cisco, IBM, Microsoft, and Inspur. The discipline ranks in the 151-175 band globally by THE 2019 subject rankings.
VU’s education discipline ranks at 251-300 in the world according to THE 2019 subject rankings. VU is one of the only universities in Australia to offer a Bachelor of Education (P-12), allowing graduates to teach at any school level.
Engineering & Science
VU achieved 5 stars in science and mathematics in the Good Universities Guide, 2018 for learner engagement. With state-of-the-art laboratories and cutting-edge programs, VU was ranked in the 151-175 band for technology and engineering subjects in 2019 THE subject rankings.
Health & Biomedicine
VU offers study options in areas including nursing, dermal sciences, and paramedicine. Its courses are accredited by reputable organizations including the Australia Psychology Accreditation Council.
According to the Good Universities Guide 2018, VU health graduates achieve above national average employment outcomes and above-average median starting salaries (A$64,700 versus A$59,000).
Law & Justice
VU provides a range of programs for legal administration, legal practice, management, or specialist roles, and its Law School is based in the heart of Melbourne’s legal precinct.
Students have the opportunity to participate in local and international mooting competitions, including VU’s very own Kirby Moot Competition – the largest of its kind in Australia.
Sports & Exercise Science
The University is the nation’s largest provider of teaching programs in the areas of sport and exercise science.
VU offers students opportunities to learn at the workplace with more than 300 employers in the sports industry.
VU offers a range of study options in hospitality, building and construction, beauty, and more through Victoria Polytechnic.
Scholarships funded by VU
VU INTERNATIONAL EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP
The VU International Excellence Scholarship recognizes and rewards the achievements of commencing international students.
The Scholarship is based on academic merit and requires students to have achieved results that are higher than VU’s academic entrance requirements.
Vocational Education and Training (VET): A$750 per semester. The total value of the scholarship is up to A$3000 towards the total tuition fees for a two-year VET degree.
Undergraduate: A$3000 for the first two study periods. The total value of the Scholarship is up to A$12,000 towards the total tuition fees for a four-year undergraduate degree.
Postgraduate (coursework): A$3000 for the first two study periods. The total value of the scholarship is up to A$6000 towards tuition fees for a two-year postgraduate (coursework) degree.
VU INTERNATIONAL VCE SCHOLARSHIP
The International VCE Scholarship recognizes and rewards international student achievement in their VCE with A$3000 for the first two study periods and up to A$12,000 towards the total tuition fees.
Study level: Bachelor degree in any discipline
How to apply: no application is required, students are automatically assessed after submitting their application for an eligible qualification.
VU COLLEGE DIPLOMA MERIT SCHOLARSHIP
The VU College Diploma Merit Scholarship recognizes and rewards international student achievement.
Study level: higher education diploma in Business (Enterprise), Information Technology, or Engineering.
- Students who have received a scholarship or sponsorship from another organization are ineligible for these scholarships.
- Academic achievement with at least a distinction in each unit in the first semester of a diploma at VU College in Melbourne.
Value: $2000 grant for the second semester of studies.
How to apply: No application is required. Students are automatically assessed upon completion of their first semester.
VU International Postgraduate Research Scholarship
This is for international students who have achieved excellent academic qualifications and are looking to participate in programs of postgraduate research.
The VU International Postgraduate Research Scholarship is based on academic achievement.
Value: A$27,600 per year (for the year 2019)
All scholarship applicants must meet VU’s academic entry requirements, in addition to any eligibility requirements for their scholarship.
A scholarship provides financial assistance during your study. Some scholarships provide a stipend that covers tuition fees and living allowances, while others provide only partial funding.
If you already hold a scholarship, or if you are sponsored, remember to note it when you submit your international online application.
- Scholarship Opportunities
- How to Apply for International Undergraduate Scholarship
- Current Scholarship for Undergraduate Students
- Grace Hopper Scholarships 2020 | Facebook, Microsoft, Google
- 78 Ongoing International Scholarships around the World