Knowing the requisite requirement for a good GPA required to get into Clark University | Admissions, Eligibility, and the tuition fee is mandatory for any aspirant that have a dream and desire to study at Clark University. Furthermore, Knowing about your desire university, the vision, mission, and the conductive environment to study is a necessity for the aspirant.
Clark University was established in 1887 as the first all-graduate institution in the country. This prestigious university is one of the first modern research universities in the United States and offers Bachelor’s, Master’s, Certificate, and Doctoral degree programs in a wide range of academic disciplines.
Robert Goddard invented the modern rocket and Sigmund Freud delivered his only lectures in the United States. In the fall intake of 2018, a total of 7,687 applicants (3,197 male and 4,490 female) applied for the undergraduate admissions, and of which only 59% got admitted.
Why Clark University?
Clark University is a private research university situated in Worcester, Massachusetts, United States. The campus of Clark University is spread across 50 acres of land.
It has 5 schools, College of Arts and Sciences, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, School of Management, College of International Development, Community, & Environment, and School of Professional Studies.
There are 215 full-time instructional faculty, six libraries, more than 130 clubs and organizations, and 17 varsity sports.
Facts About Clark University?
Clark University provides both on and off-campus housing facilities. Freshers have to live on campus for the first four semesters.
66% of all undergraduates live on campus
14% of all graduate students live on campus
To live in Clark’s residence halls, students have to fill the request form through the Clark You portal.
First-year students must fill the application by June 4; transfer students by June 30.
There are 5 residence halls at Clark University:
Halls for first-year students are equipped with community bathrooms, kitchen, social lounges, study rooms, etc.
Mixed Class Halls are the co-educational residence halls with private bathrooms and kitchen facilities.
Single-Sex Hall offers housing for women.
Junior/Senior Halls are apartment-style living spaces. All the houses are co-educational and are well furnished.
Clark University Acceptance Rate
Is the Acceptance Rate of Clark University which puts it in the competitive category. However, students shouldn’t get discouraged if their GPAs and test scores are a little lower than average.
GPA required to get into Clark University
With a GPA of 3.67, Clark University requires you to be above average in your high school class. You’ll need at least a mix of A’s and B’s.
The university has been working tirelessly towards achieving success in terms of numbers. It has been ranked as one of the top universities to study in the USA. Clark University has been ranked:
- 91 among Best National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2020
- 42 among Best Value Schools by U.S. News & World Report, 2020
- 15 out of 122 colleges among Best Test Optional Colleges in America by Niche.
- 72 out of 1583 colleges among the Most Diverse Colleges in America by Niche.
Programs at Clark University
Clark University offers 51 undergraduate programs across a variety of academic fields.
Most of the common undergraduate courses include Asian Studies, Creative Writing, Economics, Data Science, Theatre Arts, etc.
Graduate and professional programs at Clark University are offered through distinguished graduate schools.
The graduate courses include 9 Doctoral programs, 22 Master’s degrees that include 2 Dual degrees, and 12 Certificates programs.
Psychology, Management, Biology, and Political Science are some of the most popular courses offered by Clark University.
The University offers an English as a Second Language (ESL) program and a graduate pathway program to international students.
Applicants can apply for admissions to Clark University through the school official website for undergraduate programs and graduate programs.
To apply, students have to create an account on the online application portal of Clark University.
Visit the official website for more details: https://www.clarku.edu/
- 60 USD for undergraduate programs
- 75 USD for graduate and professional studies.
- Acceptance rate: 59% by U.S. News
- Student-Faculty ratio: 10:1 by Niche
The university offers multiple application options for first-year students including Early Decision I, Early Decision II, Early Action, Regular Decision, or as a transfer student. All five options are open to both U.S. and international students.
Requirements for undergraduate international students
- SAT/ACT Test- optional
- High school coursework
- Letter of recommendations
- Supplementary Material including artwork, essays, portfolios, projects, etc.
- English proficiency: TOEFL: 85 & IELTS: 6.5
Requirements for graduate
- Personal statement
- Letters of recommendation
- All academic transcripts
- TOEFL: 85 & IELTS: 6.5
- GMAT or GRE
Other supporting documents required for visa application to study in the USA:
- A copy of the passport identification page
- Immunization Records
- Official Transcripts and Records
- Financial Statement
Financial Aid for International Students
Most international students are usually in need of some form of financial assistance to study in the USA. Clark University offers various scholarships to international students. They are automatically considered for merit-based scholarships.
- Richard Traina Scholarship for students who have shown a resolute commitment to leadership, scholarship, and community.
- Eligible students receive an 80,000 USD four-year award (20,000 USD per year).
- Robert Goddard Scholarship for students with strong academic potential.
- Eligible students get a 68,000 USD four-year award (17,000 USD per year)
- Jonas Clark Scholarship is awarded to students who have shown the potential to challenge conventions.
- Eligible students get a 40,000 USD four-year award.
- Presidential LEEP Scholarship provides free tuition for students whose academic record and leadership potential places them at the very top of Clark’s applicants’ pool.
- Students applying for need-based aid from the institution must complete and remit the FAFSA and the CSS completed by the custodial parent and non-custodial parent.