You might have been inquisitive about this question, what is the tuition fee for Arcadia University | Admission, scholarship, and Courses? Well, this is because you may be considering applying to the school, and as such, you may be nervous about getting information regarding the University.
The good news is that you do not have to worry about how and where to get that information anymore as we have in this article, provided all the answers to those questions.
What is Arcadia University known for?
Arcadia University was founded in the year 1853. Reports gathered over the years have shown that Arcadia University is a Philadelphia’s global university and a pioneer in international education.
It has also been reported that Arcadia University is a top-ranked private university offering bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees.
What are the ranking and excellence of Arcadia University?
Arcadia University receives critical acclaims from renowned sources in higher education as top regional universities in the north according to the U.S and world reports 2019edition of best colleges.
It is one of the outstanding colleges and universities in the northeast, recommended by The Princeton Review.
What’s special about the Arcadia University?
Arcadia University is indeed special in all ramifications since it does not just confine students to study in the four corners of the university.
It has also approved study abroad programs that are designed to excite and inspire your personal goals, your global visions your academic passions.
It gives students the opportunity to explore new cultures, gain international internship experience, learn outside the classroom, and become part of the local communities in which you study.
The program finders and advisors are saddled with the responsibilities of helping students discover the right program.
What are the steps to take if I want to apply for study abroad?
- Find a program.
- Meet with your study away advisor.
- Explore your course options.
- Start an application.
How many credits do I need to graduate from Arcadia University?
Undergraduate students of Arcadia University need a total of 128 to graduate from Arcadia University which is the equivalent of eight semesters of 16 credits each.
Although, undergraduate curriculum requirements are defined by courses and not credits most courses that fulfill.
A typical course load that’s 15 credit-hours per term, that’s 5 courses.
This is also equivalent to a total of 30 credits hours for the academic year (5 courses x 3 hours each x 2 terms).
This invariably means that a bachelor’s degree requires 120 credit hours and is completed in four years.
What Grade point Average do I need to get into Arcadia University?
To get admitted to the arcadia university, you need a GPA of 3.63.
Arcadia University requires you to be above average in your high school class with a GPA of 3.6, you can compensate for a lower GPA with harder classes like AP, or IB. classes.
What is the Grade Point Average (GPA) of Arcadia University?
Generally, courses at colleges and universities are graded according to letters (A, B-, C+, etc.).
Courses offered at Arcadia University are not different.
A letter grade is assigned a numerical value and converted to a 4-point grading system for average calculation.
What is the Tuition Fee for Arcadia University?
Full-time tuition, fees and other expenses.
- Tuition: $44, 620 per annum.
- Fee: $700 per annum.
- Board meal (meal charges- standard 14 meals per week): $5,050 per year.
- Room (housing) charges (standing residence, hall, double room): $9000 per annum.
- Estimated cost of Text books: $1500 yearly.
Other potential fees for undergraduate students.
- Parking fee: $100 annually.
- Science lab. Fee: $100.
- Examination by credit fee: $745.
- Applied music lessons / review per course: $745.
Part-time undergraduate studies: students are considered part-time at the undergraduate level when they enroll for less than 12 credits. Part-time undergraduate students are charged on a per-credit basis.
- Summer 2020, fall 2020, spring 2021: $745 per credit hour.
- Parking fee: $55 per semester for part-time (non-resident) students per semester or $100 per year; no parking fees during the summer term at Glenside campus.
How many faculties have Arcadia University?
The Arcadia University has a total of four faculties which offer well-respected degree programs that will encourage you to explore your passions. Below are the number of faculties:
- Pure and Applied Science
- Professional Studies
What are some of the courses studied at Arcadia University?
The Arcadia University offers the following courses; biology, chemistry and physics, computer science and mathematics, English, historical and political studies, media and communication, modern language and cultures, psychology, sociology, anthropology and criminology, visual, performance Arts, Canadian studies, economics, environmental and sustainability studies, politics, philosophy, women and gender studies, engineering, statistics nutrition and diet amongst others.
What is the acceptance rate at Arcadia University?
Arcadia University admissions are selective with an acceptance rate of 66%. Half the applicants admitted to Arcadia University have an SAT score between 1030 and 1260 or an ACT score of 21 and 28.
Source: us news
What are the scholarship opportunities?
Arcadia University does not just offer merit scholarship awards which are automatically renewed annually provided the student remains full-time and in good academic standing (which involves good grade, SAT/ACT scores, types of coursework taken, etc.) according to the university guidelines.
These merit awards are applied towards tuition costs alone but in cases where another scholarship award or funding from any outside entity or organization will cover all or parts of the student’s tuition costs, merit scholarship will be replaced or reduced.
The merit award recognizes academic excellence, outstanding leadership, and community service of both first-year. Students on transfer are not left out.
The scholarship award amounts go up to $25,000 per annum for first-year students who are entering the 2020-2021 academic year.
Transfer students are evaluated on the basis of their cumulative GPA and coursework, and no special application for the award provided they are full-time students.
The award amounts for transfer students goes up to $18,000 annually for full-time transfer students entering in either the 2020-21 academic year.
Visit email@example.com. For more information on scholarship.
The university also offers prospective Fine Art majors, a Portfolio Review Award based on the quality of their portfolio review and prospective B.F.A. in acting majors and are awarded the Acting Audition.
Award based on the quality of the audition. These awards can range from $1000-$4000 annually.
Other scholarship awards include; alumni legacy grant, arcadia university sister cities scholarship program, the Philadelphia scholarship award, transfer partner scholarships, and outside scholarships such as;
- Absolutely Scholarships
- Arcadia University outside scholarship listing
- FastAID Scholarship Search
- Scholarship Experts
- Scholarship Page
- Scholarships LLC
How do I apply for the scholarship award?
These scholarship award applications are available twice a year- for spring consideration the application goes live October 1 and is due November 1 for fall consideration,
The application goes live May 1 and is due June 1.
A scholarship for full-time undergraduate students who have completed at least one semester of study at Arcadia. To qualify, students must:
- Have financial need
- Show involvement and leadership on campus
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0.
- Additionally, the review committee looks for a demonstrated willingness to take student loans.
In addition to the merit award, need-based grants are also awarded to full-time undergraduate students.
What are the admission requirements for Arcadia University?
- All applicants are expected to fill application form and other core information.
- Applicants must score an average of 1150 in their SAT or ACT test
- They must have high school transcript and 3.63 GPA.
- Applicants are to submit recommendation letter.
- Applicants should submit application essay’s and interviews.
How can I apply to Arcadia University?
- Applicants should submit their official high school transcript to Arcadia University’s Office of Enrollment Management.
- Applicants can submit their Scores directly using SAT code 2039 or ACT code 3524, or they can be included on your official transcript. If you are enrolling for the Fall 2021 or after, SAT and ACT scores will only be required for certain pre-professional programs Scores can be submitted directly using SAT code 2039 or ACT code 3524, or they can be included on your official transcript. If you are enrolling for the Fall 2021 or after, SAT and ACT scores will only be required for certain pre-professional programs.
- Applicants should also submit a requested letter of recommendation from their school counselor or an academic subject teacher (English, math, science, social studies, or foreign language).
- Other additional materials such as essay (optional), list of activities (optional), portfolio review, acting audition, etc. may be submitted.
Arcadia University is one University you should be looking forward to attend considering the standard academic performance, scholarship opportunities among others.