The purpose of the community safety education act is to elevate the aspect of our day-to-day activities, which enlightens us on staying safe and creating an enabling environment for ourselves to grow.
The community safety education act was developed for the sole purpose of helping young people to learn about the importance of preventing injuries.
It focuses more on injury prevention, safety resources, and also support for student’s educational system.
Therefore, the way we think and act can as well prevent unintentional injuries.
So as such, we can learn how to stay safe and how to support others in doing the same.
The community safety education act provides students with the opportunity to develop life skills.
As well as evaluate information and community standards, norms, and values.
The Community safety education act helps in questioning personal assumptions about injury prevention and responsibility.
These injury prevention values should extend beyond the walls of schools and into the community at large.
Related Post: Michigan Education Association | Cost, how to register
What is Community Safety Education Act?
Community safety education act defines behavioral expectations of law enforcement and citizens.
It contains the list of the criteria for creating a neighborhood watch group.
Community safety education act also unveils the issues surrounding traversing.
A banning order by the legislation on the use of mobile devices in automobiles.
Visit the Official Website for more detailed information
The community safety education act became effective on the 27th of August, 2018 in the state of Texas.
The community safety education act actually requires the State Board of Education (SBOE) to embrace rules which include the instructions developed under the Texas Educational Code (TEC).
It was an instruction to students within the grades of 9-12 on the actual and proper interaction with law enforcement or peace officers.
The essence of this interaction is to guide students on how and what to know during the traffic stops.
then, other personal encounters with the sole purpose of ensuring the safety of both the officers and citizens involved.
The basic Instructions
- A person reserves the rights concerning interactions with peace officers.
- All laws regarding questioning and detention by peace officers, including any law requiring a person to present proof of identity to a peace officer.
- Proper behavior for civilians and peace officers during interactions.
- There is also a role for law enforcement and duties as well as responsibilities of peace officers.
Questioning and Answers for Community Safety Education Act
There are some basic questioning and answers that you are likely to face as a road user.
That is why the community safety education act serves as a guide on how to tackle such events when faced with.
- If you are involved in a traffic stop as a passenger, if not detained you may leave.
- Answer – True
- If questions are asked by an officer, you might not remain silent during a traffic stop.
- Answer – False
- you can be arrested for not stopping when the vehicle performing a stop is marked as a law enforcement vehicle.
- Answer – True
An officer is supposed to approach your vehicle from the driver’s angle. Answer – False
What should be your action once the officer has indicated that the stop is complete?
Answer – give the appropriate signal and re-enter traffic safely.
When should you retrieve your driver’s license and registration?
Answer – by the time the officer approaches your vehicle, it is your duty to notify the officer of the location where the items are.
Thereby, telling the officer that you are going to get the items.
Any other movement might be interpreted as a treat to the officer’s safety or possible criminal activity.
Why should you place your hands on the steering wheel when an officer is approaching?
Answer – it’s a signal to the officer that you are not armed.
Basic factors you need to check and take note of
Before Buying a Certified Warranty Used Car, there are some basic thing you need to check and take note of, which are;
- As a buyer, you need to choose the appropriate car model
- There is a need to check pre-owned car cost, the fuel economy, and other standard features
- You should also purchase a certified pre-owned car for a manufacturer and an additional extended warranty.
- You also need to verify the vehicle’s documents which include, duplicate title, license plate, and registration, the bill of sale, title transfers, etc.
- One should also get the best and cheapest insurance on used cars.
- It is also important to know the services and vehicle history reports.
- You need to have a pre-purchase inspection which includes, the interior, the car exterior, and the engine.
- You may as well test drive the car on different road conditions.
Different Types of Violations
There are different types of violations, but few have been outlined below for your perusal.
- Driving without a seatbelt is a serious violation that poses threat to once live.
- Making illegal U-turn can affect lives
- Following another vehicle too closely
- Reckless driving is dangerous to once life
- Texting while driving
- Your inability to maintain directional signals.
- Excessive display of acceleration.
The Community Safety Education Strategy is one of its kind in Canada
It has helped in outlining those within a jurisdiction and collaborate to create a lasting cultural change.
This cultural change has a way of improving the quality of life of the people by lessening the pressure on our health care system.
School environments are where students assemble and learn to think, while the communities are where the action takes place.
The act of working together helps in spreading the necessary knowledge and behaviors needed so that people can live a free injury life.
Several organizations collaborated to create a community safety education strategy.
So as such educators have a strong resource foundation that can support the provincial curriculum, so as to contribute to students learning outcomes.
The Purpose and Goals for Community Safety Education Act
The purpose of the community safety education act is an essential area that should be inculcated properly in the minds of students, in other to avoid unexpected injuries.
- The purpose is to reduce the level of tension and anxieties that may tend to arise during any interactions between citizens and officers.
- Basically during a traffic stop and any other personal encounter that might be geared towards an unwanted consequence.
- It also builds expectations that each party should have during an interaction between officers and the car driver.
- It unveils information needed by drivers, the public as well, students, and training for members of the law enforcement.
- The total percentage of all the traffic fatalities in the U.S is actually speed-related.
- In the year 2017, the speeding-related crashes were about 27% of all fatal crashes. Almost 10,111 speeding-related fatalities.
- 37,133 were the amount of the major people killed in traffic in the year 2017.
Advice Vehicle Accident
- The community safety education act has made provision for what to do when a vehicle is involved in any of the things mentioned below:
- In the case of a vehicle accident, drivers are legally advised to stop if their vehicle has triggered damage or injury.
- You should call the emergency number or services (911), that’s if anyone is injured
- You also need to get the details of any witness around the accident scene
- It might also be important to take pictures of the accident scene
- You can as well exchange your name, phone number, and insurance company details with the other driver.