The second annual APO Group African Women in Media Award is sponsored by APO Group, the leading pan-African communications, and business consultancy, to honor, celebrate and inspire African women journalists who promote female entrepreneurship in Africa.
The prestigious annual event of AWIEF is a forum that brings together global thought leaders, business experts, policymakers, scholars, development organizations and investors to debate, interact, network, exchange, collaborate, and transact in a collective effort to improve the entrepreneurial ecosystem of women in Africa.
The Award will be awarded to the winner at the Virtual Conference and Awards of the 6th Africa Women’s Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) on 2-3 December 2020, with the theme ‘Reimagining Business & Rebuilding Better.’
African Women in Media Award entries for the APO Community must provide useful insights into African female entrepreneurs when attracting a global audience.
About APO Groups
APO Group was formed in 2007 and is the leading pan-African consultancy for communications and industry.
They support private and public organizations to sharpen their image in target countries across Africa and increase their brand equity.
As a trusted partner, their job is to harness the power of the media and develop tailor-made strategies that allow organizations in Africa and beyond to produce a true, measurable effect.
The trust and appreciation of global and multinational corporations, governments, and NGOs granted to the APO Community encourages us to continually develop our value proposition within Africa to better meet the needs of their customers.
Facebook, Dangote Group, Nestlé, GE, Uber, Microsoft, Nokia, NBA, Canon, PwC, DHL, Marriott Group, Ecobank, Philips, Siemens, Standard Chartered, HP, Hilton, Ernst & Young, Orange, among other prestigious clients.
AWIEF is a pan-African women’s economic empowerment organization that, through a portfolio of high-impact initiatives, promotes and supports female creativity, technology, and entrepreneurship across Africa.
The goal of AWIEF is to promote women’s economic participation, advancement, and empowerment in Africa through the support and growth of entrepreneurship.
The programs and activities of AWIEF include accelerators, capacity building and training, networking and mentorship, AWIEF Awards, AWIEF Digital Hub, and the development of African women entrepreneurs in the AWIEF community.
The year-round activities culminate in convening and hosting, currently in its fifth edition, the famous and widely attended annual international and multi-stakeholder AWIEF meeting, exhibition, and awards event.
Requirements for APO Award
- The award is open to African women journalists and bloggers working in the continent of Africa, whether directly employed or freelancers, who have created a story broadcast or published in English, French, Portuguese or Arabic in the form of a print publication, a TV feature, a radio story, a website or a blog with the main audience in Africa.
- Stories are expected to be broadcast or released between 1 January and 31 October 2020.
- On material, writing, interpretation, imagination, human interest, and community effect, stories are judged.
How to apply for APO Award
- It is important to send all stories in electronic format:
- Print: upload the scan(s) of the article that was published;
- Radio: upload the connection to SoundCloud;
- Website: upload the URL or Upload the URL
- TV: upload the link to YouTube.
- TV content must first be posted to YouTube and to SoundCloud for radio content.
In order to upload video or radio content, if one is not a member of these pages, one will need to sign up.
Once one has acquired the connection, when entering one’s story information, one must enter it in this online entry form.
what is the Benefit of the APO Award?
A $2,500 cash prize and online courses from one of the most recognized foreign universities will be presented to the winner.
What is the Application deadline for APO Award?
The application deadline for entries is October 31, 2020. The finalists will be announced on the 20th of November 2020 while the winner will be announced on Thursday, 3 December 2020.
For more detail information on how to apply: visit the official website