The best universities to study communication and media studies are for the curious students aiming at studying communication and media studies. Schools listed here are recognized institutions from around the world.
Absolutely! This post will give you a guide on the essential information of each institution mentioned in this category.
As you all can see in the world we are today, technology has taken massive control of every aspect of businesses and important programs.
Therefore, giving space for communicators and media experts to display their skills by investing it in the heavy projects they are given. Graduates under this discipline get to work in the media industry.
Places, where graduates in this field can work, are television, radio, film, or digital media.
As a student of this discipline, you do not get restricted to many factors. Meaning you get to have space to do what you are capable of via different platforms.
Most especially using digitalization as a platform to reach millions and billions of people in the world.
Now, carefully read this post because I planned it for you! This is for your eyes only. The first university that makes this list is:
Goldsmiths University of London
This prestigious institution is internationally identified and recognized as a body of innovation and creativity. The institution makes the list of the best universities to study communication and media studies.
This tag is supported by top strong holders in the country and it’s a member of the University of London.
The aim of the school is to provide a conducive environment for learning and making provisions for various disciplines like humanity, science, entrepreneurship programs, commercial, etc.
The institution founded its ground in New Cross, South East London.
The College is friendly and vibrant, and proud of the diverse student population which adds to this welcoming atmosphere – nearly 20% of students come from countries outside the UK
The institution accepts a wide range of qualifications from across the world
English language requirements
- If English isn’t your first language, you can always learn to meet up with the language requirements
- English language qualifications should be less than two years old at the time you start your studies with the school
- Sometimes, the school usually ask for IELTS to know which of the areas need improvement
Massachusetts Institute of technology
The institution has gained its prominence spreading across the 50 states in the United States and 118 countries that form half of the universe.
The institution does not only teach students but also trains their mind to be a problem solver.
You can always get the kind of service you need to become a better communicator with this institution as one of the best universities to study communication and media studies.
Students get financial aid from both governmental and non-governmental organizations. Therefore, giving students the financial capability to pay an average fee of $21,917 (with assistance from the financial aids).
While the actual cost of the university is $73,160 (including all other charges)
Admission process and financial aids
- The financial aid process encourages both the local and international students to apply. Though it comes with terms and conditions. Not to forget! It also comes with opening dates and deadlines
- Scholarships are offered to the students in form of the first-year grant which value at $2,000
- There are different steps attached to both local and international methods of applying for a financial aid
- International Students: CSS Profile and Parental tax returns or income documentation
- Local Students: FAFSA, CSS Profile and Parental tax returns or income documentation
University of the Netherlands
In Europe, the University of Netherlands is recognized as one of the institutions that made the top 20 and ranked in the top 70 of the best institutions in the world.
The school is known for its quality delivery of education to its students with value.
Also, the school has over 34,000 students coming from around the world studying subjects like artificial intelligence, media, and other essential technological courses.
The institution definitely offers to its students one of Europe’s largest selections of English-taught degree programs.
In 1632, the school was founded and gained its roots during this time. The Institution is set in the heart of the country where it is almost accessible by people from around the environment.
- A residence permit if you are not an EU / EEA or Swiss citizen.
- Sufficient mastery of English: TOEFL (minimum 550 paper based, 213 computer based), IELTS (minimum average of 6) GMAT or GRE.
- A minimum average of 7 – 7,5 (foreign diploma)
- To be accepted by the university you have applied to.
- A good command of Dutch if you are after a study programme in Dutch.
University of Southern California
USC was established on Oct. 6, 1880, and it’s located in Los Angeles, California. Its settings are urban with a large acquisition of land at 299 acres.
The university is reported to be the largest private institution that employs and generate a large sum of $8 billion in economic impact on the city where it’s located.
USC acceptance Rate is recorded to be at 16% for the class of 2024. The institution has always been one of the highly competitive schools in the United States.
Would it be hard to get into USC?
Anyways, the university is recorded to have a low intake rate. Why? Because it has highly competitive when it comes to admission.
The previous year, out of 64352 applicants, 8339 were given admission. Therefore, making the University a very highly competitive school to get into.
•Basic Requirements for admission
•SAT scores (average composite score of admitted students – 1440 on a 1600 scale)
•ACT scores (average composite score of admitted students – 32 on a 36 scale)
•GPA (average of admitted students – 3.79 on a 4.0 scale
Other Requirements and Values to qualify for admission
•Common Application with essay
•Official test scores
•Transcript with all high school coursework and grades earned
•Letter of recommendation from teacher or counsellor.
•Portfolio, resume, or additional writing samples, depending on the program.
•Your fall grades, when available
Nanyang technological university, Singapore
This institution is located in Singapore. The country is also identified to have the most beautiful structures in the world too.
The country has invested heavily in its education sector giving many students scholarships and less tuition for international students ready to commit and develop their community.
- Minimum Subject Requirements
- Special Medical
- A good pass in E1119 English – A
- You must authorize IBO to release your results directly to NTU.
- You must have taken at least 4 subjects in a single sitting in ‘A’ (A2) Level or Cambridge Pre-U or a combination of both.
University of Pennsylvania
It’s reported that the acceptance rate of the institution is 8% making it very low and competitive. The competition is extreme and its admission is elite based.
Over the amount for the tuition is $60,042. This payment covers the major changes expected for the smooth running of activities in the university.
Applications are due – Jan 1, 2021
- The middle 50% of admitted applicants have ACT scores between 32 and 35. 46% of students submit ACT scores when applying
- The middle 50% of admitted applicants have SAT scores between 1420 and 1550. 54% of students submit SAT scores when applying
- High School GPA (Avg. High School GPA
- High School Class Rank
- Completion of College Preparatory Program
- Demonstration of Competencies
The University of Melbourne
This institution holds its ground in the heart of Australia having many competitions from both local and international students. Admission has always been a plight for freshmen.
This is one of the best universities in Australia for locals and interested international students.
Provided for you are essential services and aids which will sustain your excellent performance on the campus.
- The Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) or an equivalent qualification
- Ensure to get the required grades in each of the prerequisite subjects for the course
- English language requirements
- As a guide, a minimum average of 70% or equivalent, is required for entry based on study completed at university level.
University of Zurichludwig-Maximilian-Universitat Munchen (Germany)
LMU Munich has maintained its relationship with other countries worldwide via a scheme recognized as Erasmus+ and LMUexchange.
For transfer students or exchange students, your institution must have connection with the institution before you can be considered to get admission.
As an applicant, you have to stay updated with the school new updates. Applicant’s home school will nominate you and forward your details to the LMU after which you will be notified with the procedures. GET IT!
How do I apply?
You don’t have to stress your brain too much on that. You can follow the instructions below to get a clear idea on what you have to do.
- Online Pdf-Document, signed and stamped by the exchange coordinator at your home university
- Transcript of Record, documenting studies at your home university to date
- Learning Agreement
- Language Certificate
- Copy of passport or identity card (page with personal data)
- After completing the online application you have to print it out and mail it to LMU’s Erasmus office
The University of Texas at Austin
UT Austin is selective with its method of giving admission to applicants. The institution has an acceptance rate of 39%.
Applicants that successfully secure admission into the institution must have an average SAT score that lands between the figures of 1230-1480.
Note, applicants get also get an alternative by ensuring to secure an average ACT score of 27-33. Lastly, the regular admissions application deadline for the University of Texas, Austin is December
Local tuition 10,824 USD, Domestic tuition 38,326 USD
Application Deadline: December 1
- Applicants should make provisions for a High School GPA
- Must have a High School Rank
- Provide your High School Transcript
- College Prep Courses
- Recommendations from teachers or counsellors
- Application Fee (Application fee may vary by program and may be waived for certain students) – $75
- The online application
- Your high school transcript(s)
- Test scores
University of California, Los Angeles
The record has it that over 70% of students get assisted with an average of $17,000 in grants and various scholarship programs provided.
The tuition is calculated based on two categories (residents and non-residents).
This could have been the leading institution on the Best universities to study communication and media studies but every other institution has its own specialties too.
Tuition for both residents and non-residents
The locals living within the campus pays average of $36,701
Locals living off campus pays average of $34,101
Nonresidents living within the campus pays average of $66,501
The nonresidents living off campus pay average of $63,901
How to apply
Firstly, the school opens the application window for aspirants basically at the Fall Quarter (September – December)
- Applicants must complete an on-line UCLA Scholarship Application available through MyUCLA.
- Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Submission of a FAFSA or Dream Act application by the March 2nd priority deadline annually to be considered
Do you want to apply for financial aid at the University of California? Remember you have to be a qualified student in the university before you can apply for the aid
Here is how to apply for financial aid under the platform given by the authority of the institution.
- Submit your application for admission to UC
- File a 2020–21 FAFSA or a CDAA between October 1, 2019 and March 2, 2020
- Check to make sure your Cal Grant GPA verification was submitted
NOTE: When a scholarship is awarded to you, you certainly will get notifications from Financial Aid Notification.
Ensure you repeat the application again next year because the financial aid is opened to students every year.
You can always comment below with your suggestions and questions. I promise a fast delivery!
Also to stay updated with the latest scholarship and other career path opportunities, you can always visit the website and get registered. Thanks