Earthshot Price was brought up by the Duke of Cambridge which is the rich and famous royal blood, Prince Williams.
This project is pointed at helping the earth regains its natural inheritance back before it causes an irrevocable disaster
The environmental problems like:
Global warming, acid rain, air pollution, urban sprawl, waste disposal, ozone layer depletion, water pollution, climate change.
Thus, the factors have left the earth vulnerable to several natural disasters.
With the advent of the Earthshot price, the earth is hoped to be saved from disasters.
As planned by the greatest innovator the 21st century has seen, Elon Musk proposed that human is supposed to move to mars.
But as it is now, not everyone can afford such requirements. Can you?
The need to save the world from such destruction is very important and it must start with a step which is the Earthshot price
However, over the years the earth has experienced harsh natural resources caused by the ideology of exploring the gift the world has given unto us.
Unfortunately, the exploration of these gifts has not been in favor of protecting the earth from destruction.
Instead, it has put the world into a state of panic and this is presently known as global issues.
What are the current global environmental issues?
Depending on what you have learned from school teachers or peers, global issues are common happenings around humans.
Major kinds of global issues are:
- Climate change
- Environmental degradation
- Resource depletion
What is the greatest threat to humanity?
Every human on earth is afraid of what the future holds! Why? Looking at what scientists and technology experts have caused to the detriment of the earth known to them as innovation, humans are certain of experiencing more brutal natural disaster if care isn’t taken.
So here, I will bring out just one major threat (greatest) to humanity! According to the Cambridge project, it is noted that the greatest threat to the community is created by man which are referred to as Man-made;
- The artificial intelligence
- Global warming
- Nuclear war
- Rogue biotechnology
Since the outburst of coronavirus in 2020, people have to ask if this year is cursed? That question got me laughing till my cheek muscle pain…
We can’t blame the instinct of people because if you actually calm to study what has been so far this year, it is enough to assume the year is cursed.
Few instances that convinced most people of this year been cursed are:
- The desert locusts swarming the northern part of India left acres of crops destroyed
- The asteroids threat of not hitting the earth (Big problem we should bother about!)
So can you see why it’s assumed this year is cursed and the year hasn’t ended yet
What are the Impacts natural disasters have on society?
- Trauma and injury, whether directly from the disaster or secondarily, such as from traffic accidents, loss of access to needed medications
- Increased incidence of communicable diseases including influenza and tuberculosis, plus diseases from contaminated or standing water, including those transmitted by insects
- Increased incidence of heart attacks, asthma attacks, and allergic responses
- Aggravation of pre-existing conditions due to stress, such as rheumatoid arthritis
- Malnutrition from lack of access to food through destroyed crops or food stores, or from lack of transportation infrastructure for food
- Food poisoning from the inability to store or cook the food appropriately
- Heat- and cold-related injuries from lack of shelter or clothing
- Mental health disturbances
- Increased incidence of conditions related to air pollution, such as particulates produced by fires or added to the air by volcanoes, earthquakes, droughts, and other disasters
- Increased incidence of conditions related to exposures to materials spilled or released during the disaster, including asbestos, fuels, and industrial chemicals
About the Earthshot Price
This award is regarded to be “the most prestigious global environment prize in history” which aims to find solutions to repair the planet by 2030.
Earlier discussed in this post, the award was brought up by the duke of Cambridge through foundation initiating 50million pounds to selected countries over 10yeaes.
William referred in his statement that he had been inspired by his father, Prince Charles, as well as the TV naturalist Sir David Attenborough, who is one of the judges of the prize.
The prize itself will look to identify “evidence-based solutions to the biggest environmental problems the planet faces.”
It will focus on five “Earthshots” or aims:
- Protect and restore nature
- Clean our air
- Revive our oceans
- Build a waste-free world
- Fix our climate
Process for Prize
- One winner per category will be chosen every year, with each receiving £1 million.
- That money will be used to “support environmental and conservation projects that are agreed with the winners”
- Nominations open on 1st November, with over 100 nominating partners from across the world being invited to submit nominations of those individuals, communities, businesses, and organizations who could win The Earthshot Prize
- The 5-stage prize process to select a winner for each Earthshot has been designed in partnership with the Centre for Public Impact and a range of international experts
- An awards ceremony will take place in different cities across the world each year between 2021 and 2030, at which the five winners for each of the Earthshot will be selected from 15 finalists
- The first awards ceremony will take place in London in autumn 2021
Every country on the planet suffers from one or two global issues and this goal can only be achieved only by coming together as an entity.
An entity doesn’t only solve this problem but also establish the same ideology and bond between people from different tribes with unique cultural value.
Take few 60seconds of your time to imagine your sources of happiness like:
- Family and friends
- Work associates
- Video games
- Favorite hangout spots
- Your “crushes”
- The Instagram page that has received many follow-ups, amongst all other important things you can ever think of! been taking away by disasters
I’m certain you don’t wish to lose those sources of happiness to natural disasters!
And I know we can always make things work only if we put hands together
Let’s donate to save the world from destruction! I believe this is achievable. You can comment below and I promise a fast reply
Did you find the post informative? If yes, kindly share via your social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, and IG)
Also, to receive more explicit information on new scholarship alerts, sign up through this link.