Graduates who aspire to study in Canada can now apply for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2021-2022; fully-funded opportunity for students all over the world.
Due to certain recent factors the portal has reopened to accept candidates for the 2021/2022 academic sessions and interested candidates are hereby invited to apply.
Jobreaders team is working hard to come up with up to date information regarding these nature of opportunities around the world, and we understand the very need to explain the features of these opportunities.
To apply for any of the scholarships to study in Canada or in the United Kingdom, we expect you to go through the eligibility section of this post, before proceeding with the application links.
This effort is to ensure you do not get rejected after the application. However, we want you to learn more about the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2021-2022.
What is the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (CGS)?
The Canadian Government sponsors the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (CGS). It is a scholarship that is available for students all over the world, who want to pursue their masters and others in Canada.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (CGS) provides around US$51,000 per year to every international student during their stay in Canada for studies.
How can an international student get a scholarship in Canada?
To get this, here are the key facts about scholarships in Canada:
- Ascertain your eligibility for any of these scholarships
- Apply before the set deadline for international students
- Follow the laid-down procedures for the scholarship program; and
- Get the right information.
Here at Jobreaders, we publish some of these Canadian scholarships even before their application, and we send emails to our followers who see scholarships in various countries of the world.
We do these to ensure that you are informed. And to help you get these scholarships, we state the eligibility criteria and the right application strategies.
So, the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2021-2022, if you are not eligible, do well to search this website for other scholarship opportunities where you can start your free online application today.
Eligible Courses for Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship Scheme:
The Vanier Graduate Scholarship by the Canadian government will only be awarded for students in the following field:
- Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) and Social Sciences
- Health Research (CIHR) of Canadian Institutes
- Engineering Research Council (NSERC) and Natural Sciences
If your current discipline does not fall within these categories, we encourage you to follow this international scholarship page, for other current scholarships for international students in Canada.
Who is Eligible to Apply for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (Vanier CGS)?
Before you start the free online application for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (Vanier CGS), you must make sure you are eligible.
Through the official page, it was stated that all Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, and foreign citizens are eligible to be nominated for a Vanier CGS. But to be fully eligible you need to adhere to the following guidelines.
To be considered for a Vanier CGS, you must:
- be nominated by only one Canadian institution, which must have received a Vanier CGS quota;
- be pursuing your first doctoral degree (including joint graduate research program such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD – if it has a demonstrated and significant research component). Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
- intend to pursue, in the summer semester or the academic year following the announcement of results, full-time doctoral (or a joint graduate research program such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD) studies and research at the nominating institution; For joint graduate research program, only the PhD portion of a joint graduate research program is eligible for funding.
- have completed no more than 20 months of full-time study in their doctoral program as of May 1, 2021;
- have completed no more than 32 months of full-time study in their doctoral program, by May 1st, 2021 if enrolled in a joint graduate research program, e.g., MD/PhD, MA/PhD, DVM/PhD. Applicants that fall into this category have access to the 32-month window whether or not they were previously enrolled in a Master’s program; or
- have completed no more than 32 months of full-time study in their doctoral program by May 1, 2021 if accelerated directly from a Bachelor’s to a PhD (no time spent in a Master’s program); or
- have completed no more than 32 months of full-time study in their doctoral program by May 1, 2021 if accelerated from a Master’s degree into a Doctoral program without obtaining the Master’s degree.
- have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your institution, in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent. Candidates are encouraged to contact the institution for its definition of a first-class average; and
- must not hold, or have held, a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral program.
For more details on these eligibility criteria (which is very important for all students), you need to visit this official scholarship webpage. Also, feel free to leave a comment below this post. One of our team will respond to you.
How to Apply
Our students are advised to avoid the mistake of previous applicants who failed to adhere to these eligibility regulations.
First, those wishing to apply for a Vanier CGS should verify that the institution to which they are applying for doctoral studies has a Vanier CGS quota.
They must then inform the institution that they wish to be considered for a Vanier CGS. That is the only way you can be considered by the institution, and also stand better chances of winning the scholarship for 2021.
For further details and more application guidelines, students should visit the official website for the Vanier CGS 2021.
Scholarship Link: https://vanier.gc.ca/en/home-accueil.html
Vanier CGS 2021 Application Deadlines
Aspiring candidates for this scholarship should carefully read through this page because it has contributed largely to the failure to secure the application in the previous years.
This year, we are working much heard here at Jobreaders, to relay the hearts of these scholarship organizers, and help students with what they need to present.
The envisioned result is to see you in one of the best Universities in the world, under scholarships or self-funds.
There are two deadlines pertaining to the 2020-2021 competition:
- Institution internal deadline: Following the student’s identification in ResearchNet of the institution proposed for doctoral study (see Task 10), an additional deadline date and time will appear at the top of each page. This is the deadline by which your application must be submitted to the institution through ResearchNet. This deadline is set and controlled by each institution. You will not be able to submit your application past this precise date and time.
- Program deadline: Institutions must forward their selected nominations to the Vanier CGS program by November 3, 2020 (20:00 Eastern Time).
Completing a Vanier CGS application
- Visit the Selection Committee Guide to familiarize yourself with the selection criteria and how the committee will evaluate each criterion.
- Bold text and stars indicate mandatory fields.
- The status of all tasks must be indicated as complete in order for you to submit your application.