This post expresses all you need to know about the Goi peace foundation essay/how to register.
As a vibrant youth, do you enjoy writing? Do you also have a passion for expressing ideas through words? If yes, the Goi Peace Foundation Essay Competition is yours to attend.
The Goi Peace International Essay Writing Competition is a yearly essay competition. The competition is organized in an attempt to harness the energy, creativity, and initiative of the world’s youth. Furthermore, the aim of the contest is to promote a culture of peace and sustainable development.
It also aims to inspire society through young minds and to think about how each of us can make an impact in the world.
The theme for the 2020 contest is “A Letter from myself in 2030”.
As a contestant, you need to imagine what your world would be in the next ten years.
Write a letter from yourself in 2030 to your present (2020) self, in which you describe the state of the world, the way people are living, and what impact you’re making in the society.
In addition, include any important message that you might wish to tell your present self. This is definitely an awesome experience you won’t want to miss.
Therefore, to ensure that your ad in the essay writing competition is secured, I urge you to read this post carefully and do the needful.
About Goi Peace Foundation International Essay Competition
This annual essay contest is organized by The Goi peace foundation essay competition was endorsed by The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology of Japan, Japanese National Commission for UNESCO, Japan Private High School Federation, Tokyo Metropolitan Board of Education, and Japan Broadcasting Corporation, Nikkei Inc.
The Goi peace foundation essay writing competition presents a platform to harness the energy, creativity, and initiative of the youth in promoting a culture of peace and sustainable development.
It aims also is to inspire society to learn from young minds and to think about making a difference in the world.
Visit the Official Website: https://goipeace-essaycontest.org/en/
What are the Benefits of the Goi Peace International Essay Competition?
You should also know that the contestants stand to benefit a whole lot other than money through active performance and exposure, the organizers also offer some benefits to the great performers. Here’s a caption of the benefits attached;
- 1st Prize: Certificate, the prize of 100,000 Yen (approx. US$900 as of Feb. 2020) and a free trip to Tokyo, Japan in November and will receive the Minister of Education award. … 1 entrant
- 2nd Prize: Certificate, the prize of 50,000 Yen (approx. US$450 as of Feb. 2020) and gift … 2 entrants
- 3rd Prize: Certificate and gift … 5 entrant
- Honorable Mention: Certificate and gift / 25 entrants
Related Post: How to Apply For $1,000 Zinch Scholarship 2020
Recognition for Effort, Best School Award, and School Incentive Award will be given if applicable.
Lastly, Prize winners will be announced on October 31, 2020 (Japan time). Certificates and gifts will be mailed to the winners in December 2020.
Who is Eligible for the Goi Peace International Essay Competition?
To be able to qualify for the Goi peace foundation essay writing competition, there are some basic requirements you must meet:
- Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 15, 2020) in one of the following age categories: (a) Children (ages up to 14) (b) Youth (ages 15 – 25)
- Essays must be 700 words or less in English, French, Spanish or German, or 1600 characters or less in Japanese, excluding essay title and cover page. Essays may be typed or printed.
- The essays must be original and unpublished. Therefore, Plagiarized entries will be rejected.
- It must be written by one person. In other words, Co-authored essays are not accepted.
Goi Essay Submission Guidelines
The essays are submitted online or through the competition’s postal mail address. Therefore, if you wish to submit your entry by postal mail, send to:
International Essay Contest c/o The Goi Peace Foundation
1-4-5 Hirakawacho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0093, Japan
For you to successfully submit your essay, these are the set guidelines to adhere to;
- Create your essay file in either DOC, DOCX, or PDF format, including a cover page with your name, your essay title. Note: You may create your own cover page or use the template available to download here.
- Go to either “Individual” or “School/Group” Entrant Registration page.
- After entering all required information, click the “SUBMIT” button at the bottom of the page to create an account.
- When your account is successfully created, you will be automatically logged in to your “Account Dashboard”.
- For “INDIVIDUAL”: In your “Account Dashboard”, click “Add Essay” on the side menu, attach your essay by selecting the file on your computer, and click “SUBMIT”. Only one entry per person is accepted. Finally, once your entry is successfully submitted, you can download your certificate from the “Download Certificate”.
- For “SCHOOL/GROUP”: In your “Account Dashboard”, click “Add Student” on the side menu, register one student per row, attach each essay by selecting the file on your computer, and click “SUBMIT.” Only one entry per person is accepted.
- Once your entry is successfully submitted, you can download your students’ certificates from the “Student List” and your certificate from the “Teacher‘s Certificate” on the side menu.
- If you leave your “Account Dashboard” page, you can log in again with your email address and password from “Entrant login” on the top menu.
- Please note that you can only create one account with one email address.
- Entries submitted by postal mail must include a cover page indicating (a) your name (b) category (Children or Youth) (c) age as of June 15, 2020 (d) gender (e) nationality (f) address (g) e-mail (h) phone number (i) school name (if applicable) (j) your essay title (k) language (L) word count.
- Teachers and youth directors may submit a collection of essays from their class or group.
- Please enclose a list of participants’ names, ages, and the name and contact information of the submitting teacher or director.
- Only one entry per person is accepted.
- You may also create your own cover page with all items (A)-(L) above.
How Do I Apply For Goi Peace International Essay Competition?
The Applications for Goi Peace international essay contest is made through submission of entries online or by postal mail.
What is The Theme of The Goi peace Foundation Essay Competition?
The theme of the essay is “A Letter from myself in 2030”
When is The Application Deadline?
The application closes on June 15, 2020
All that you need to know about the Goi peace foundation essay writing and how to register is covered in this post. Read through so as to know the vital steps to take in achieving your dreams.
I want you to also note that this Goi peace foundation essay contest provides the avenue for youth around the world to showcase their writing skills in relation to their development goals and views. Therefore, I urge you to maximize this worthwhile opportunity.