The Indian Engineering Olympiad 2021 is a competitive ground where many prospective engineering students compete for a grand prize.
In this post, you will learn how to apply and also be given tips on how to prepare for the test.
You can also follow this link to explore, various opportunities, such as scholarships, list of best schools and more, available for both Indian students and other Asian countries
Indian Engineering Olympiad (IEO)
The Indian Engineering Olympiad is an aptitude test done at the national level to provide a competitive ranking of engineering students on the national level.
The Indian Engineering Olympiad was launched in 2015 by Thinkcell Private Limited, a private firm in India fulfilling its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
They have had two editions and it has an applicant amount of 1,800,000 students from all over India.
If you are looking for the best Indian restaurants in USA, here are the 7 Best Indian Restaurant in Omaha (the United States of America)
The exam is an aptitude and takes place in 65 centres across India.
It is a 90-minute exam in which students’ skills and abilities are tested during the second, third, and final years of technical engineering education in their respective branches.
Check here to know if you are eligible to apply, for this Nabanna scholarship 2021 /2022 | Application Details, available for Indian students.
Nationalities that can apply for the Indian Engineering Olympiad 2020
This competition is only open to Indian Citizens who are in India during the time of the registration and writing of the exam.
How do I register for the IEO?
Many students are bothered by this question and here are a few steps on how to go about it. But for clarity’s sake, the registration power rests in the hands of the teachers from your respective schools in India.
Since the IEO does not encourage and permit individual participation, a minimum of 10 students from every school should participate.
The registration sheet for the school(s) and the information booklet are posted to schools all over India and so students can always check their notice boards for information.
The coordinating teachers of the schools will tabulate roll numbers for students in accordance with the given guidelines and instructions.
Finally, a copy of the roll numbers with every student’s registration and school registration sheet should be sent to the foundation office within 30 days before the IEO exam date.
It’s that easy!
Related post: NTU India Connect Research Internship Programme for 2020.
See also ;How to Apply for Dr Ambedkar scholarship 2021 | Eligibility
How to Apply?
The application process doesn’t require much from you, except for your time.
Interested and eligible students can register for IEO 2020 by completing an online form and paying a registration fee of 100 Rs.
Visit the official website to get started. Check out this link http://ieo18.engineeringolympiad.in/register.php
Upon visiting the website, here are the required steps you must take.
- You must register by providing basic information such as your name, address, phone number, and a valid email ID
- During registration, the login ID and password will be sent to your email ID
- These credentials will allow you to access the IEO 2020 application form
- You must complete all the specified columns of the application form
- The applicant must also upload scanned copies of all required documents
- Finally, the application fee of Rs100 must be paid. This can be paid online via credit card or debit card.
- Tickets for the exam hall/seat number will be sent to your registered email ID. You must download the ticket and bring it to the examination centre for entry into the exam hall
- The hall tickets for IEO 2020 will be sent by 15 February 2020. If You don’t receive the ticket from the hall, You must send an email to the IEO organizers on the [email protected]
Deadline for the Indian Engineering Olympiad 2020
As of the time, this article was written, the deadline has already passed. It was officially set on January 28th.
Related post: Venkat Panchapaksan Memorial Scholarship for Indians|Requirements
The selection process for IEO?
- IEO is a multiple level exam and you would be selected based on merit.
- The ranks for the IEO exam will be given based on marks obtained in the exam.
- Students of classes 1 and 2 are not required to appear for the 2nd level exam and are hence ranked based on their performance in the level 1 exam.
If 2 or more students score the same marks, then the rank determination is on the following basis:
- Marks obtained in different sections of the exam. Each section will be accorded separately.
- Age of the students with preference given to the younger student.
- Sometimes, telephonic or personal interviews will be conducted.
- Performance in school during the previous year (as mentioned in the OMR sheet). This will then be verified at the discretion of the SOF.
- In case 2 or more students are scored equally on all the parameters discussed above, then the award may be distributed equally among all winners.
There are prizes to be won at the IEO.
You can check out this link for more information on the prizes to be won http://www.sofworld.org/ieo/about-ieo-exam/awards
Here are some important dates to keep in mind.
|Event Name||Important Dates|
|Registration for IEO starts from||29th November 2020|
|Closing date of the applications||4th February 2020|
You can always confide in us for the latest information on scholarships and various career opportunities around the world, every moment. All you need to do is to always visit us at www.jobreaders.org. Or subscribe to our free email newsletter for notifications on the latest update, you can also visit our Facebook page here
Valentine Nnanyere is the founder and lead instructor at Jobreaders.org, an e-Learning community that focuses on technology, profitable skills, and high-quality knowledge sharing. Nnanyere is a digital marketing consultant, website/software developer, and new media advertiser with an undiluted interest in spreading high-income knowledge and career opportunities. For business, inquiries, support and partnership, kindly mail valen[email protected]