This is a comprehensive review and official links for the Mount Allison University Admission and Scholarships for Undergraduates and Postgraduate students. These students are either local or international students who are eligible. This article is to guide you with detailed information on their admission process and scholarship opportunities available in the school, to aid you in your admission processes.
Check here to view the list of 15 Universities in Canada without or low application fee for international students
Important information for international Students
These are the important things to note as an international student, for you to successful actualize your dream to study at Mount Allison University. We encourage you to follow this link here for more information.
For you to stand a better chance of securing admission and scholarship possibly, you are advised to start in either September or January – unless you’re applying for the aviation program.
The aviation program begins in September of each year.
It is also very important to note that such a journey requires visa processing, and as such you are advised to check the latest visa processing time in your country.
This is to know if it falls within the time frame for your admission schedule, to avoid being stranded that may lead to forfeiture of your admission.
You can also check out for these Free Waiver Canadian Universities 2021 (All you Need to Know)
You are to review all your admission requirements very carefully before submission to avoid mistake.
Send supporting documents
All the aspiring student are to submit their official transcript for grade 12.
General admission requirements
For an aspiring student to qualify to secure admission to Mount Alison University, you must certify the following requirements:
- Obtain a minimum final grade of 65% or its equivalent.
- Early admission: Applicants may be considered for early admission based on their final grade 11 transcripts.
- A minimum admissions average of 80% is required for consideration.
- Advance Level Courses of listed university-preparatory courses are accepted for admissions purposes.
- French Immersion equivalents of listed university-preparatory courses are accepted for admissions purposes.
- Students are evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Contact an admissions counsellor email@example.com if you have questions about the eligibility of any course not listed.
Benefits of international students in Mount Allison University
As an international student at Mount Allison University, There are a lot of benefits to enjoy, apart from scholarship and other financial aid, which is also available in the school, but that is not the major focus of discussion here.
Scholarships and Awards
Aspiring students of Mount Allison University has an opportunity of scholarships and other financial aid packages available at the University.
The scholarship bursary and financial program is an annual program of more than $ 2 million. Over 74% fresh student of the university receives the award yearly. This a kind of financial intervention mechanism to assist the student of the school financially.
But you should also note that for a student to enjoy, the scholarship and other financial aid, you must certify some certain requirements.
If you are looking for a scholarship opportunity to fund your are academic career here are the list of scholarship opportunities available for both local and international students
For a student of Mount Alison University, you must possess the following qualities
- Maintain a high-level academic achievement
- Leadership quality and experience
- Proof of extracurricular involvement
- Community service and work
- You must have an internship.
Types of scholarship
There are four arms of scholarships in the University, they are as follow:
A student aspiring to apply for this $4,000 to $20, 000. Scholarship program must certify the following requirement.
Your calculated admission average must be up to 80% percent or its equivalent.
A student may also be considered for the entrance examination when you submit your comprehensive admission and scholarship application
This application program is open to students during the admission process, while some require more or supplemental information.
This is to bring to your notice that, you are also free to apply for the external scholarship program, the opportunity is not limited to the student of Mount Allison University only, but also to students of other schools across Canada.
Moreover, the scholarship is not restricted to a student of a particular level, a student of any level is eligible to apply, irrespective of his level, even in the upper-year of study.
Follow this link to get more detail about the external scholarship.
Note these while applying for the above scholarship Scholarships
Note, that you can apply for both admission and scholarship at the same time at Mount Allison University, with the same online application account.
- Entrance scholarships and awards, you will automatically be considered should you meet the criteria
- For designated scholarships, apply within your online application account
- For external scholarships, a separate application is required
Tuition and fees for the 2021/2022 academic year
An aspiring student is advised to check the account statement using Connect. If an invoice is required, you can print it from connect.
You should also be aware that there are different amount of fee for Canadians and international students.
Below are the outline details tuition and fee of the above categories of students.
Tuition for Canadians students’ full time for fall and winter
- For full-time students $9,165
- Full-time NB Resident with a start date before September 2019 (includes full-year discount) $8,250
- Full-time NB Resident with a start date of September 2019 (includes full-year discount) $8,755
- Full-time (Aviation see below).
Tuition Per 3-credit Course Canadian (Fall, Winter, Spring/Summer)
- Incoming first-year students (21/SS term only) $616.50
- NB Resident with a start date before September 2019 $825
- NB Resident with a start date of September 2019 $875.50
Tuition Full-time International (Fall and Winter)
- Full-time students $18,490
- Full-time students (Aviation see below)
Tuition Per 3-credit Course International (Fall, Winter, Spring/Summer)
- Incoming first-year students (21/SS term only) $1,549
Tuition Master of Science
- see note below
- Single private ensuite $8,014
- Single shared ensuite $7,249
- Single $6,375
Other residence fees
- Residence services $638
- Unlimited Access Meal plan for residence students (includes $100 Mountie Money) $4,731
- 10/Week meal plan (limited to senior students Anchorage, Bermuda & Carriage houses only and includes $100 Mountie Money) $3,012
- House executive residence dues $65
Student organization fees
- Full-time MASU (student union) membership, and extended health & dental coverage $630.50
- Part-time MASU (student union) membership $124
- International student basic medical coverage $745
- Library contribution $15
- Argosy (student newspaper) $33
- CHMA (student radio) $40
- Orientation program for full-time new students $70
- Mail service fee* $25
- McConnell Fitness Centre fee* $150
- Technology & Service fee $200
If students are not taking any on-campus courses during the term the Mail Service and Fitness Facility Fee will be waived.
New Brunswick students who are a resident of New Brunswick and had a start date of Sept 2019 or earlier and will be full time or part-time at Mount Allison will receive a rebate.
This will be applied to their student account as an NB discount in the fall and winter term. Note: the amount above is net of the rebate.
In the first year of study, the tuition fee is the Mount Allison full-time undergraduate tuition. Second, third and fourth years of study, the tuition fee is a blend of Mount Allison tuition and Moncton Flight College tuition:
- Canadian Students: $28,196 (MtA tuition $6,416 plus MFC Tuition $21,780)
- International Students: $34,723 (MtA tuition $12,943 plus MFC Tuition $21,780)
- NB Resident with a start date before Sept 2019: $27,555.00 (MTA tuition $5,775.00 and MFC $21,780.00)
- NB Resident with a start date of Sept 2019: $27,909.00 (MTA tuition $6,129.00 and MFC $21,780.00)
All ground school and flight training are included, as are Mount Allison courses are taken in these years.
Tuition fees do not include residence accommodation or travel between campuses. Note that tuition amounts are reviewed annually and are subject to change.
Master of Science: Tuition for new incoming students effective September 2019:
- First six terms – $1,670 per term
- Remainder terms – $670 per term
The Residence Services fee is mandatory for all students living in residence and covers local phone, cable TV, Internet connection, a mini-fridge and access to the laundry room.
Mountie Money is included with your meal plan. A $100 amount will be loaded onto your
student card as part of your full-year meal plan charge and can be used to purchase food and other services on campus.
House Executive Residence Dues are mandatory for all students living in residence. The House Executive Residence Dues are collected by the University on behalf of the residence hall student executive teams.
Dues are used for student-led programming in residence over the course of the academic year.
Only students who live in residence are subject to residence dues.
This plan is administered and managed by the Mount Allison Students’ Union (MASU). Full-time students can opt-out of this plan if they can provide proof of equivalent coverage and receive a refund of the fee paid from the MASU office.
The plan can be purchased by part-time students upon request.
International students will be charged for an international student basic medical plan. This plan is administered and managed by the Mount Allison Students’ Union (MASU).
Students may opt-out of this plan if they can provide proof of equivalent coverage and receive a refund of the fee paid from the MASU office. If you would like more information please go to the MASU website at www.masu.ca or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
New student orientation is a multi-day collaboration between the Mount Allison Students’ Union and the University’s Student Life Office.
It is designed to be a fun, informative, and inclusive introduction to university life at Mount Allison. All new students are encouraged to attend.
Register at www.mta.ca/orientation. The fee covers the cost of all Orientation events, entertainment, and programming.
It also includes a well-stocked welcome pack which is made available to new students on Move-in Day.
Full-time students are charged automatically. Part-time students can opt-in by contacting the Students’ Union at email@example.com or (506) 364-2231.
You can always confide in us for the latest information on scholarships and various career opportunities around the world, every moment. All you need to do is to always visit us at www.jobreaders.org. Or subscribe to our free email newsletter for notifications on the latest update, you can also visit our Facebook page here