Google’s Limelight Scholarship 2021 and education programs aim to inspire and help students become future leaders in computing and technology by breaking down the barriers that prevent them from entering these fields.
Also Look at: Google International Scholarships for 2020-2021 Session
As part of our commitment, we’ve partnered with Lime Connect, a nonprofit organization that supports students with disabilities while they pursue education and promising careers, to help university students with disabilities work toward their academic goals in the field of computer science.
Selected students will receive 10,000 USD (for those studying in the US) or 5,000 CAD (for those studying in Canada) for the 2021-2022 school year and will be invited to attend the Google Scholars’ Retreat in the summer.
Description of Google Limelight Scholarship
- Organization: Google, Inc.
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Bachelors, Masters, PhD
- Award: $10,000 for those studying in the US and $5,000 for those studying in Canada
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: U.S. or Canadian
- The award can be taken in the United States and Canada
Eligible Countries: Applications are open only for the United States and Canada
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be granted for undergraduate study in computer science, computer engineering, or a degree in a closely related technical field
- Admissible Criteria: Applicants must match the given criteria:
- A current undergraduate, graduate, or PhD student enrolled at a university in the U.S. or Canada (newcomers/first years and international students studying in the U.S. or Canada are eligible to apply)
- Continuing current studies or intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a new program (e.g., graduating and pursuing an advanced degree) at a university in the U.S. or Canada in the 2021-2021 academic year
- Pursuing a Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree, or a degree in a closely related technical field (such as software engineering; or electrical engineering with a heavy computer science course load)
Maintaining a strong academic performance
A student with a visible or invisible disability (defined as someone who has, or considers themselves to have, a long-term, or recurring, issue that impacts one or more major activities that others may find to be a daily function); this definition also includes the perception among others that a disability exists.
They know that 90% of limitations on campus are invisible, and candidates with all disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a commitment to and passion for computer science and technology
- Previous Google Lime Scholars are unfortunately not able to be considered
- This grant is not open to current high school students.
These documents are very important and if any of them are missing, your scholarship application will be in jeopardy:
- Current resume & unofficial transcripts
- Four essays – this is your opportunity to show us your passion for computer science
- One letter of recommendation from professors, advisers, or supervisors (names and email addresses of references must be entered by the application deadline – letters of recommendation themselves are due one week later)
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must submit an online application to win this educational award.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants are in need to submit one letter of reference, resume, transcript(s), and four short answer responses on your passion for computer science
- Entry Requirements: Applicants must be a current undergraduate, graduate, or Ph.D. student studying at a university in the U.S. or Canada
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have excellent proficiency in the English language (Reading, writing, speaking)
- Beneficiaries of the 2020 Google Lime support will each get a grant for the 2021/2022 academic year.
- Nominated scholars will also be called to join the annual Google Scholars’ Retreat at the Googleplex in Mountain View, California, in Summer 2021.
- Aspirants will also be considered for software engineering internship opportunities with Google.
- Grants will be granted based on candidates’ strength, academic background, and a demonstrated hunger for computer science.
- Based on tuition costs, a $10,000 award is available for those learning in the US and a $5,000 grant for those studying in Canada.
This scholarship opportunity is open for disabled students and those that studied any computer-related course in the U.S or Canada, this Google Limelight scholarship 2021 will go a long way in helping you achieve your dreams. Good luck guy!!! APPLY NOW!
Visit the official website for more details: https://buildyourfuture.withgoogle.com/scholarships/