Downloading and printing your Nigerian National ID Card anywhere in the world has become easier than usual, and here you can print yours with NIN, your photography and other national details. Discover the difference between the old Nigerian National ID Card and how you can print the new ID Card, even with your mobile device.
In this guide, you will be learning how to get your National ID card printed, as a Nigerian citizen who has duly registered for the national ID.
In this post, you will learn how to print your NIMC NIN online; get it displayed on your phone screen when needed for jobs, scholarships, banking, and for various other personal or official purposes.
In essence, you will be learning how to get your NIN card either virtually or physically. In this tutorial, you will be learning how you can get the National Identity card from the National Identification Management Commission (NIMC) official website on your phone.
Except for the fact that the card has not been printed for a large number of citizens that have even obtained their numbers, the slip has been fitting in different areas such as:
Breaking! Start Getting current updates on profitable skills, and top career opportunities with Jobreaders.org - Click Here to Subscribe Free.
- Bank Opening of Accounts in Nigeria
- School and Institutional Demand for Identification
- Social Media Account Verification
- Online Payment Gateway verification
- Job Application
- Scholarship Opportunities and Applications
- Google Address Verification etc.
To keep this means of identification, here are various procedures that can even help you get the National Identity Card information using USSD Codes and or Android App (which is subject to further learning).
If you are just getting started with knowing about your Nigerian NIN-backed identification, you could also read How to Link All SIM with NIN (FGN Government Directives).
If you are an eligible student in Nigeria, you may want to apply for the Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award.
How to get your nIN
If you’ve not gotten your NIN, the best thing will be to go to any internet cafe and do the enrollment process there. Once the enrollment process is done. The steps to follow for enrollment are.
- Visit the NIMC website and access the pre-enrollment form
- Fill out the enrolment form print out the summary with a 2D barcode, and head to any of the accredited NIMC enrollment centre
- Now you will verify and confirm enrollment data on the system.
- You will have your picture taken and your fingerprints scanned.
- Your supporting documents will be scanned.
- The enrollment will be acknowledged. You will be given two sips, the first is a NIN slip that indicates your completion of enrollment, and the second is a transaction slip.
The supporting documents that you’ll be providing include your BVN and any of the following.
- Old National ID Card
- Driver’s License
- Voter’s card (Temporary or Permanent)
- Nigerian International passport
- Certificate of Origin
- Attestation letter from a prominent ruler in your community
- Birth certificate
- Declaration of age
- Attestation letter from religious/traditional leader
- NHIS ID card
- Government staff ID card
- Registered/recognized private organization staff ID card
- School ID Card (private/public)
- Tax Clearance certificate
- Valid immigration documents
- Nigerian Commission for Refugees (NCFR) Refugee Certificate
- Refugee ID card
- Refugee Factsheet
After completing your enrollment, you will be requested to come back in 1-5 working days to collect your NIN slip. This slip contains your National Identification Number or NIN for short.
How to check if my National Identity Card is Ready
Nigerians can now complete a National identity card check online. The process is very simple and here is how you can go about it:
Visit the National Identity Management Commission [NIMC] website. The address: https://www.nimc.gov.ng/
Scroll down the home page and click on ‘e-ID Card Status Portal’ to check if your card is ready and in an activation centre.
Now, fill in your first name, last name, and your NIMC check tracking ID and hit the ‘check now’ icon.
If your card is ready, you can now head over to an activation centre to collect and activate it.
Now the most trending question is how one can get his or her national identification card ready. This was why I shared this post after many Nigerians confirmed that theirs are ready, and have been collected.
How can I get my National ID Card?
For clarity’s sake, some are ready while some aren’t yet ready. This is why the last block is very important that you adhere to.
When you pay the bank will give you a slip. Thereafter you take it back to the registration center where they will print your National Identity Card for you.
To collect your national Identity card in Nigeria, firstly you go to any of their Registration centre in your state( local government) then you complain to them, and they will ask you to go and pay REMITER at any bank is only Five Hundred Naira (N500).
Requirements for the National e-ID Card collection and activation
To collect and activate your e-ID card, the following requirements must be met: You should have received your Batch ID Number via SMS.
You should have a 4-digit secret PIN for the e-ID Card activation. Do not share this PIN with anyone else. Also, take note that your fingerprints will be used for activation.
How to check your NIN using the USSD code
This is for those who have already enrolled for the National Identification. One can get his or her NIN by dialling *346# from the phone number associated with your voter’s card, driver’s license, or BVN registration.
This is why we should endeavour to remain honest during these registrations regarding, the use of phones, emails, and other digital means of identification.
The Cost: Getting the NIN using phones isn’t free as you are to pay the sum of Twenty Naira only. In other words, you must have a minimum balance of ₦20 airtime on your line before dialling the code.
To avoid spending this money twice, I advise you to screenshot the number that appears on the screen as there is no function that can help you save it after the display.
At the moment, the USSD code works on MTN, Airtel, Glo, and 9mobile but a new development has it that with your National Identification Number, you can now download and print your National Identity Card using Android phones ( app).
Since the introduction of the new identification methods, people have always used slips for their bank verification and for other purposes that required means of identification.
But with the new NIMC app, one can navigate through the platform, to download and print a card form of the identification slip. In this post, I will lead you through the steps.
Very important, as this post affects every Nigerian. There is a possibility that many Nigerians don’t know these guides.
Even though many are yet to enrol for the NIMC Identification, we found it necessary to share its importance.
Functions of the New National e-ID Card
The e-ID card has provisions for 13 applets out of which five (5) are activated at the point of collecting the card.
The five (5) active applets are:
- Electronic Identity Information (e-ID)
- EMV Payment
- Verification – Match-on-Card
- Security – Electronic Public Key Infrastructure (ePKI)
- Travel – International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)
The remaining eight (8) applets will be implemented in subsequent phases. These are:
- e-Health Application
- e-Pension Application
- e-Voting Application
- e-Taxation Application
- e-Drivers’ License Application
- e-Transport Application
- e-SIM Application
- e-Insurance Application
The applets are designed to facilitate interactions of individuals with the Government and with the institutions using the National e-ID Card to be able to assess a wide range of services.
The card is smart and trendy with relevant security features to forestall fraudulent activities.
How to Download and Print the National ID Card Using Your Smartphone
To download the NIMC Identity card you must note that many Nigerians have had the slip for years. This is the temporary document that was meant to assist citizens wherever their identity is required.
But it happened to be the permanent means of identification because I have had mine for over 8 years.
From the link earlier seen online, you can now download this app at the Play Store, access your original National ID with a photo and print it whether on paper or plastic yourself.
The procedures for downloading and printing the new NIMC national Identity Card using a Smartphone are as follows:
- Visit your App Store (Google, iOs etc)
- Search for NIMC APP
- Enter your PIN on the lock screen to continue.
4. Select the ‘print NIN slip’ button on the home screen.
5. A login form with your USERID and OTP will be generated immediately, tap on Login to continue.
6. At this point, you’ll be logged into the portal that’s linked to your Mobile ID app.
There are two types of NIN which are premium, and Standard, both of which you can print from your dashboard.
7. To print premium slip, tap on the ‘print premium NIN slip to continue
8. Tap on the ‘pay with remote button’ to make a payment.
9. Tap on the three-line icon on the top left corner of the screen.
You can also print ‘The Standard NIN slip by following the steps
10. Select ‘print NIN slip’ from the menu’
11. Select the pay with Remita button to continue.
12 Follow the following steps to make and confirm your payment for your NIN slip to be printed.
The app has made it easy to print your NIN card, and I encourage everyone to use it to download and print their NIN slip.
At Jobreaders.org, we are committed to sharing profitable skills and career opportunities for global citizens.
Here are some of the editorial picks for eligible candidates around the world: